One year, one track

Hello everybody,

I started this thread after participating in the anthem trance thread. Since this topic reminded me so much of the past, I had an idea (I hope it wasn't made before) to try and recreate my musical experience by years. For each year to name a single track which marked or changed my musical style (does not have to be trance nor even electronic nor even a track which was released in the year you're associating it to then). You can try to do so also. If you listen to music for a very long time, you can try and sum up a period when you had a similar music style with one or two tracks.

Let's begin:

2000: Eiffel 65 - Blue. Everything started here. This track made me listen to music. Before that there was void. I was musically born on summer 00. I won't post a link to the track here, in fear of being stoned :lol:

2001:

. I soon left Dance aside to concentrate more on Trance. This track was on one of the first Trance compilation CDs I bought, and it rocked my world (and my ears).

2002: This year, because of the influence of the people around me and since I paid now attention to the music they listened, I began listening to different music styles. So I'll put three tracks.

Infernal - Muzaik , Bomfunk MC's - Uprocking Beats ,

2003:

, definitely.

2004: Subsunday - So Good (DJ Cor Fijneman's Oustanding Remix). As I said in the other topic, I was wondering if I would ever stop listening to it...

2005:

. This is it. This is the end of a cycle. The last major Trance track for me since the beginning of my musical birth. I won't search for Trance tracks anymore, nor will I find them so attractive, because of...

2006: Hallucinogen - Fluoro Neuro Sponge . I didn't switch to Goa because of this track, but I discovered Twisted very soon after, because of all the recommendations on the internet. And this track was like something I never heard before. My heart was beating so fast while hearing it, I couldn't imagine music could be so powerful. Boom Shiva!

2007: Hum... tough one to choose. Because of all the Goa I discovered. So, I'll choose a surprising one.

. Because I began listening to many other forms of music (slowly but surely).

2008: Well, many are in the competition...

Genetic Transmission from V/A - Project II Trance (Dragonfly Records) is the track that introduced me to Goa

Global Communication - 14 31 from Global Communication - 76 14 (Dedicated). I didn't hear this in this year but some years later but it was such an immersive track that it definitely needs a mention

The Infinity Project - The Answer from Mystical Experiences (Blue Room) is the track that kicked off my lucid dreaming.

Mystery Of The Yeti - The Mystery Of The Yeti (TIP) this whole album & the second one just made me trip or lucid dream my nuts off without any drugs, just in a semi conscious state.

Green Nuns of The Revolution - Rock Bitch. This was the first Full on track (not the genre) I really loved. Such energy that filled my every gene :D

Celtic Cross - Jade Garden from Hicksville (LSD) just tore my head apart from the inside.

Blue Planet Corporation - Micromega off of Blue Planet (Flying Rhino) along with Atmos - Klien Aber Doctor was just about the epitome of trippy prog

Dub Trees - Butterfly Trilogy from Nature Never Did Betray The Heart That Loved Her (LSD) was a track that intorduced me to music that wasn't so instantly gratifying but that can grow on you after a lot of listens.

Hallucinogen - e at the end of V/A - Twelve (TIP.World) my first melancholic love.

Ishq - Orchid (Dakini) the whole album as 1 natural track is beautiful

V/A - Butterfly Dawn (LSD) also this whole album brought me the joy of psy dub.

Abakus - That Much Closer To The Sun (LSD) again the whole album is the essence of summer & I can't pick out standouts.

Solar Fields - Air Song & Air Song (8am Version) from Leaving Home / Extended (Ultimae) remains my favourite track ever.

Jikkenteki - Ambiguity from The Long Walk Home (Par-2) reignited my love of ambient Goa (even if it's not classed as that)

Sienis - Form Another Perspective from his album From A Nutter Perspective (Gi'iwa) brought me out of my chill only stage & back into high energy meltdown

2008 (so far)

Jikkenteki - Symplicity from Flights Of Infinity (Par-2) is the longest trance track to never get boring :ph34r:

1995) The Prodigy- Poison I saw this crazy ass video, with some weird guys going buck wild in this darkish room, screaming some cool words over amazing music. As far as I can remember, this was where it all started...

1996) Commander Tom- Am are eye? :D

1997) Speedy J- Pannik This is when it became more serious. After hearing this tune on some tape which somehow made it to my stereo, I decided to actually start the digging and get myself some nice music.

1998) Crop Circles- Lunar civilization This was the year when goa/psy trance parties came to be in Zagreb. Like hell can I remember if this one was even played by the local DJs back then, but I do know that I first heard it when goa trance was the electronic music sub genre to listen to.

1999) Umek- Lanicor About the time when Slovenia's finest, Umek, was the #1 DJ as far as I was concerend. His sets from back then are A class material, stuff legends are made out of.

2000) Laurent Garnier- The man with the red face Electronic music spiling its heart out through your speakers/headphones...

2001) Speed J- Krekc Once again, Jochem Paap was the guilty party, but fuck me... Krekc tore roofs off world wide. If you never heard it on a party, I don't think you've ever been to a club either. Shoot me if you want to, but it won't change anything B)

2002) Josh Wink- Superfreak (freak) Freak... Freak... Freak... Freak... Freak... Freak... B)

2003) Ethereal- Distant lights (2003 mix) Goa trance is back - big time too!!!

2004) Dreamfish- Hymn Much older than that, but I reckon this was the first time ever I really sat down, took my time, carefully listened through some ambient music, and finally realized how it's not all so bad. Actually, this is the year when I started appreciating stuff that went under 130BPM.

2005) Timo Maas FEAT. Kelis- Help me (Deep Dish remix) I don't even know how and why... I heard it in a record shop while looking for some new music to buy, and I immediately clicked to it... It's not even representative of the music I usually listen to, but I quite like it, even to this present day. I think it dates back to 2003 or something. Unsure though.

2006) Martin Buttrich- Full clip If only 6 other artists per year could make a track half as good as this, we'd be living in a world too good to be true. Tracks like this literary drop once a year tops, and impress everybody everywhere. Great!

2007) Astrancer- Dzog chen Welcome to the true future of goa trance. When one has balls, creativity and enough patience and will to carry it all out, voila, the track which IMHO stands at the forefornt of the so called newer artifacts of the rebirth of goa trance.

2008) ? Time will tell...

P.S.: This not my favorites, best of, all time greatest list, etc. It is, well, an estimated time line or something...

abasio mentioned:

'1997 Green Nuns of The Revolution - Rock Bitch. This was the first Full on track (not the genre) I really loved. Such energy that filled my every gene'

ahh what memories... the ganesh acid, free flying wino parties, absolutely tripping my tits off :blink: & Green Nuns launching this classic on us :posford:

still rocks bitch maffia...

So abasio, you kept switching between Goa and Ambient I see.

Pretty diverse I see rino. Laurent Garnier's track is cool. But when I first hear it I wasn't impressed. Took me a while to appreciate it.

too much infected in there for me, would get repetitive :drama:

ok, one quick go:

2001: infected mushroom - acid killer ~ whaaatt is thiiisss???? and then there was goa

2005: beat hackers vs michele adamson - when the lights go on ~ fusing of classic singing and fullon beats, something which again confirmed my taste for unusual and somewhat uneasy compo's.

2008: artifact303 - feelings ~ sublime style-merging of psy and trancy touches, a formula i've been liking very much.

haha quick one!