Albino Soft Synth + Axiom 49....

Was wondering if anyone knew/ or had a guide for mapping an Axiom 49 to Albino. I'm using the two with Fruity Loops, and when I try to right click one of the knobs on Albino to "create mapping"- or whatever the listing is- for the Axiom it doesn't even give me a drop down menu....

Was wondering if anyone knew/ or had a guide for mapping an Axiom 49 to Albino. I'm using the two with Fruity Loops, and when I try to right click one of the knobs on Albino to "create mapping"- or whatever the listing is- for the Axiom it doesn't even give me a drop down menu....

First make sure youre Axiom is selected in the Options>Midi menu, Under the midi Input part, and that the Enable button is lighted on.

Most vst's don't have an integrated midi learn function. So the easiest way to do it is with either one of these 2 techniques.

Note If you have FL Studio version 8, skip this part and read Technique 2 (If you've bought FL Studio, the 8th version will be a free upgrade for you in case you don't have it).

Technique 1:

- Open the Albino window, move a fader/knob you want to automate just to make it active

- Click the arrow for the menu in the top-left corner of the window, and go to Last Tweaked Parameter>Link To Controller... (or just double tap the L key on the keyboard)

- Now move the fader/slider/knob or whatever you want it assigned to on your Axiom. After that click Accept if needed.

Technique 2:

FL Studio 8 has a nice little feature called Multi-link controllers. Basically what it does is helps you link controls from your midi keyboard to the one on the synth, in a much faster way. Howto:

Posted Image

- Activate the multilink feature by clicking on the multilink controllers button

- Move the faders/knobs/otherfeatures on your vst, whichever ammount you want, but remember the sequence. Then you associate the link to your midi keyboard by doing the same in Axiom. Just move the faders/knobs on your Axiom keeping in mind that you move them 1 at a time, and they will link themselves to the albino faders/knobs, in the same sequence as youve done in the vst. After that, ff youre multilink button is lighted up, you can click it again to disable it, if you don't need to make any more links.

For example if you move Controller Number 1,6,3,9 on albino, and you moved fader 9,2,8,4 on your axiom in that sequence, the links will be 1=9, 6=2, 3=8, 9=4.

Note: This will only make the links temporary, a.k.a. they will only be linked in that project. When you open a new one you will have to do the linking process again.

Permanent Link for future projects:

There is a way to permanently link your Axiom controls to Albino, in the way you set them, and make FL Studio allways remember these settings. Howto:

Posted Image

- Activate the multilink feature.

- Move the faders/knobs/otherfeatures on the Albino VST that you allways want to be linked to Axiom.

- Right click on the multilink icon and select Override generic settings.

- You will get a window open, it will ask you to move a fader/knob that you want assigned to that albino controller. Move a fader/knob that you want, then click accept. For each controller on the vst that you want linked you will have to move a fader/knob/whatever on your axiom, and then you click accept aftear each link is done. Keep doing that untill you're finnished with linking. If youre multilink button is lighted up, you can click it again to disable it, as you don't need it anymore.

Hope that helped! If you need anymore help post it up. Happy automating friend! :)