Weird Dogma - Land Of Utopia Release ?

psyhoe

in a local record store i found a weird cd with the inscription "FULL MOON PARTY 2000" printed on it.

on the inner circle of the cd is a cataloge number saying: DOGMA # 351

i have no artwork or anything else with this cd. dunno if there ever was one.

the seller told me this cd came from taiwan. no year is given

the cd looks like that:

Posted Image

the music is dogma - land of utopia

anyone knows anything about this one ?

in a local record store i found a weird cd with the inscription "FULL MOON PARTY 2000" printed on it.

on the inner circle of the cd is a cataloge number saying: DOGMA # 351

i have no artwork or anything else with this cd. dunno if there ever was one.

the seller told me this cd came from taiwan. no year is given

the cd looks like that:

Posted Image

the music is dogma - land of utopia

anyone knows anything about this one ?

Taiwan ? Well, bootleg no.

Taiwan ? Well, bootleg no.

could be, but the original dogma cd is also from taiwan.

another thing is this catalog number on the inner circle of the cd which says DOGMA # 351

this could indicate a legit release

i also heard that this cd was handed out/sold on the full moon party in taiwan.

anyone else got any usefull information ?

to me seems just a bootleg, with all due respect the original blue moon release doesn't look like that.. it looks rather cheap.. and if it was a legit release why not having a proper cd name on the cover? some copyright infos and such? label infos? the cat number on the spine can be pressed with anything.. i guess u have been fooled if u paid it a big price but i hope not. at parties was very common to sell bootlegs by the way.

that could be, there are no label infos on it, just this cheap print.

the catalog no isnt just printed on but in this metallic layer, dunno how its called properly and dunno if that could mean anything. could be pressed at home, i dont know, you are an experienced collector so you know way more than me about that :)

i didnt get fooled, i paid 2€ for it. didnt know at all what it could be, bought it only out of pure curiosity. well at least i have a rare(?) bootleg of dogma with decent sound quality :)

if anyone has more infos feel free to contribute, would be great to find out more, even if its only a bootleg.

that could be, there are no label infos on it, just this cheap print.

the catalog no isnt just printed on but in this metallic layer, dunno how its called properly and dunno if that could mean anything. could be pressed at home, i dont know, you are an experienced collector so you know way more than me about that :)

i didnt get fooled, i paid 2€ for it. didnt know at all what it could be, bought it only out of pure curiosity. well at least i have a rare(?) bootleg of dogma with decent sound quality :)

if anyone has more infos feel free to contribute, would be great to find out more, even if its only a bootleg.

I notice now that the Land of Utopia CD is from Taiwan, something I missed. Look at the disc image on discogs. It has those numbers in the circle and seem numbers similar to a generic CDr.

Anyone has the original in hand ?

nope, its not such a number, this on discogs is like printed on it. on my cd the number is more to the outside and like 'printed' in the metallic layer of the cd so that it reflects the light differently and you can read it. i dont know how to describe it otherwise, but i think you know what i mean. almost every cd has such inscriptions.

yes the cd psyhoe has, even if bootleg, is surely a silver pressed cd when it has that inscription on the silver part of the cd.. while the image on discogs doesnt seem at all from the retail cd but probably from a cdr with a printed cover placed on it. as i dont have that album original myself (very rare) i cant tell you how the real retail version should look like.. i think Joske has it maybe he can asnwer to this :)

yes the cd psyhoe has, even if bootleg, is surely a silver pressed cd when it has that inscription on the silver part of the cd.. while the image on discogs doesnt seem at all from the retail cd but probably from a cdr with a printed cover placed on it. as i dont have that album original myself (very rare) i cant tell you how the real retail version should look like.. i think Joske has it maybe he can asnwer to this :)

will try to find mine,its in a box somewhereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

If it's really that much worth to you ('in a box somewhere' :rolleyes: ) you might want to consider selling it to me. :lol:

just another one of my insurance policies but have sold off most of all the rare stuff i owned over the years

for various reasons ie just need the money

maybe one day thought but at the moment just cant plain find it

pretty crap album anyway

just another one of my insurance policies but have sold off most of all the rare stuff i owned over the years

for various reasons ie just need the money

maybe one day thought but at the moment just cant plain find it

pretty crap album anyway

well if you ever find it and want to get rid of it... let me know. :)

and sorry for spoiling the thread.:P

Yes - this is a "promo" CD dubbed from the official album release.

They put a sticker on it maybe 'cuz the design was imperfect on that first "test"? pressing, or it's the original pressing? We can be sure of that when Technossomy will find his copy!

I can clearly see that writings on the CD are the same as on the Full Moon party flyer I got in '2000...

So I don't think it's a bootleg...

At that time at BMPHQ there was so many people involved (and that was mainly why they splitted at the end): artists, organisators, dj's.. etc, so there was some people sheduled to take care of the pressing and distribution of the music at parties, but they haven't sold anything out of Thailand at that time, well.... except to me ;o) lol

So it was decided to print official promo's for that party, as they used to do.

The artists playing that night on Koh Phangan island was D5, Dogma, Ra, etc...

I'm sure they pressed several times and some batches were just not proper (remember the first pressings of Ra, Hunab Ku and Electron Wave with blanks).

I believe that CD comes from there and is very rare, so you may list it as on official "promo" on Discogs and this is certainly worth 100$ at least.

Good for you that you pay only 2euros!! ;o)

i kind of been waiting for your response zen as i know you got lot of experiences with BM releases.

thx a lot for the new deatails considering this release.

do you have any additional information like maybe the release year, is it 2000 as the print says? was it pressed before?

also if i take a closer look it seems that this print, as you said that looks like the official flyer, was printed on some different print that was already on the cd before. but i cant tell for sure. is there any way to find that out?

It was surely pressed in between mid 1999 and 31/12/1999 as the Cd's had to be ready obviously for the millenium party...

Don't look further, you have a gem ;)

Hello :)

The original Dogma CD looks like this:

Posted Image

and the back of the CD looks like this:

Posted Image

the scanned image on http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=477519 is clearly a CD-R.

I also have a weird CD just like psyhoe but mine is Psy-Nergy which looks like this:

Posted Image

and the back also has a cat# similar to psyhoes CD:

Posted Image

perhaps they are promos or bootlegs, I don't know.. , feel free to add it on discogs.. I'm too lazy! :P

Kind Regards.

ye this seems to be the same serie of promos. my cd has the same cat number only saying DOGMA 351.

where do you have your cd from? any background history? any artwork?

They could very well be promos from full moon party but it could also be bootlegs. My copy came with artwork which is poorly done, it looks very cheap imo. Got my copy from Greece (if i remember correctly), where did you get yours? Obviously they come from the same source/place, just look at the cat# :P I even think i remember technosomy saying his copy looks exactly the same as mine (i could be wrong). Oh yeh, some more photos of the artwork:

Posted Image

(sorry for the shallow DOF, too lazy to take a new picture)

Posted Image

Anyone else with more details about these releases? :)

They could very well be promos from full moon party but it could also be bootlegs. My copy came with artwork which is poorly done, it looks very cheap imo. Got my copy from Greece (if i remember correctly), where did you get yours? Obviously they come from the same source/place, just look at the cat# :P I even think i remember technosomy saying his copy looks exactly the same as mine (i could be wrong). Oh yeh, some more photos of the artwork:

Posted Image

(sorry for the shallow DOF, too lazy to take a new picture)

Posted Image

Anyone else with more details about these releases? :)

no i think that was the hunab ku - magic universe (i think)

Someone seems to have nicked my password @ discogs and given this cd a rating of 1/5. Having not heard it ever myself it's not an option I did it... I changed the password hope the foolishness stops there.