The Best Psychill Albums of All Time

Chillseeker

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite psychedelic chill albums of all time

The Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences (Blue Room 1995)

My first psychedelic chill love, very spacey & soooo trippy.

Mystery Of The Yeti - The Mystery of the Yeti (TIP 1996)

A very spiritual journey through spacey inner minds

Enigma - Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! (Charisma 1996)

Enigma's best, very trippy in a really earthy way

Shpongle - Are You Shpongled? (Twisted 1998)

Seminal psychill album & rightly so. Very....err twisted

The Mystery of the Yeti 2 (Tip.World 1999)

A great continuation of the journey

Matt Coldrick - Music For A Busy Head (Absolute Ambient.com 2001)

So warm & inviting ambient

Ishq - Orchid (Dakini 2002)

Natural ambient at it's best, great 2CD from Dakini

Jairamji - Kindred Spirits (Dakini 2003)

Lush ethnic album

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden (Ultimae 2003)

Spacey urban ambient

Butterfly Dawn (Liquid Sound Design 2003)

Such a beautiful warm compilation of psydub

Abakus - That Much Closer to the Sun (LSD 2004)

The best summer album ever

Solar Fields - Leaving Home (Ultimae 2005)

An almost perfect album including Air Song, the best electronic track ever.

Solar Fields - Extended (Ultimae 2005)

A more ambient journey including Air Song (8am Version) every bit as good as the original

Secede - Tryshasla (Sending Orbs 2005)

Amazing journey into the after life

Matt Coldrick & Matt Hillier - Elemental Journey (Absolute Ambient.com 2005)

An ambient album mixing all the elements of nature with electronica

Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker (Liquid Sound Design 2005)

An album I just listened to again & again & again without getting bored

Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of Sleepers (Ultimae 2006)

Spacey & earthy at the same time

Rena Jones - Driftwood (Native State Records 2006)

A great album perfect at sunset on a summer's day

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home (Par-2 Productions 2006)

CD1 is the best pure psychill I've heard

Cymphonic - Strataradialis (Databloem 2007)

Very nice darkish ambient

Spielerei & Mantacoup - Cold War (Silentes 2007)

Like nuclear winter in music

Colourform - Visions of Surya (Virtual Musical Reality 2008)

Such bright colourful alien ambient

Distant System - Spiral Empire (Celestial Dragon 2008)

Amazing spacey trance on ketamine

I like your taste, but jairamji in the same category of like's of shpongle and secede?

For me it would be a list like this (in no particular order):

* Cell - Phonic peace

* Shulman - In search of a meaningful moment

* Ott - Blumenkraft

* Tripswitch - Circuit breaker/Rewired

* Toires - Sanäti

* CBL - World of sleepers

* Solar Fields - Leaving home

* Shpongle - Tales of the inexpressible ( a choice had to be made between the 3.....for me it is this one......)

* V.A. - Natural born chillers

* V.A. - Vajra

I like your taste, but jairamji in the same category of like's of shpongle and secede?

I have a soft spot for Jairamji! I found that album so peaceful and warm. Sometimes I think albums hit you only at certain times but then never go away. The Jairamji album will always remind me of lying in a field of freshly cut grass in early summer, watching the clouds in the deep blue sky! After this kind of experience albums can bring back the emotions (although usually to a lesser degree) felt at the time. Shpongle was heard of my face so that always feels nostalgic.

Secede - Tryshasla...

Lol this album is SO BAD I couldn't stand to listen to the end, tried like 4 times.

Even Leraine? Your taste is SO SHITE!!!! :lol:

This album took me a long time to relate to, I know you have no ear for mood music but when I first really understood this album I was in a really melancholic mood! It's not pop in anyway so just listening to it 4 times wont allow it to reveal itself to you. It really is a mood thing (first time) then you can enjoy it at anytime.

Secede - Tryshasla...

Lol this album is SO BAD I couldn't stand to listen to the end, tried like 4 times.

yeah men, if you dont get lerraine or Kingdom Of Hearts or friday fall or born in a tropical, im gonna have to ask myself if you fun its just to diss amazing albums.

SO BAD???????? nono, ishq and secede are SO GOOD, but YOU SUCK

Rofl!

Loraine was the 1 decent track as far as I got it...... because the first half had a catchy melody if I remember.

Having 1/2 a good track and a lot of shitty tracks doesn't make an album good to me though....

might probably be cause your SO smart

shitty tracks? i guess its too intelectual for you, cause its an album made with a lot of tast, acquired taste, you were talkin about taste, well i guess you find yourself smart, but it doesnt meen you have an acquired taste, intelligent and taste are two seperate things and even if your a genius, taste changes, i dont think you will like the same artist in 20 years, so what...youll be less smart, see...theres no logic at what you said about tcorelating the intelligence with the taste. WHAT? i hate mushroom, so im stupid? you dont like ishq and neither secede???? i feel like theres nothing else to say, you dont like them, shitty tracks? they make shittty tracks? come on!!! stop kidding around with your pretentious comment, and by the way, you may be smart, but saying that you are in this forum, can only make people laugh, so stop ridiculing yourself. but at the same time, i admire what you said because but i feel tgat like in life, we have to auto-estimates us, but really, not here!

-Module 1

-Kumharas 2

-Androcell - Efflorescence

-Kaya Project - Walking Through

-Hol Bauman - Human

-Soul Vibration

-Phutureprimitive - Sub Conscious

-Live At Dakini Nights

-Asura - Code Eternity

-Asura - Lost Eden

-Backroom Beats 2

-Backroom Beats 1

-Liquid Dub Volume 7

-Waterjuice - Melbaphonics

-Graham

-New World Dub 1

-Ekko - Ekkocentric Remixes

-Ekko - Centripetal

-Mere Mortals - Ethnic Dub Simphony In Ten Parts

-Makyo - Rasa Bhava

-Makyo - Yakshini

-Toires - Sanati

-Ambient Meditations

-Ambient Meditations 2

-Ambient Meditations 3

-Entheogenic - Spontaneous Illumination

-Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences

-Pitch Black - Ape To Angel

ETC.... these are my alltime favorites. :)

I dunno if all this is filed under "Psychill", there's a lot of ethnic, incensed, mystical sounding stuff in it too.

Maybe Ott - Blumenkraft can be categorized as psyhill, and Hallucinogen in Dub, Younger Brother - A Flock Of Bleeps, actually, all the Twisted ambient releases seem to fit that subgenre imo.

I also love these a lot:

For me it would be a list like this (in no particular order):

* Cell - Phonic peace

* Tripswitch - Circuit breaker

* Toires - Sanäti

* CBL - World of sleepers

* Solar Fields - Leaving home

* V.A. - Natural born chillers

Well i do enjoy Mystic Cigarretes and Midnight's Children.

Maybe you are talking about the third album, Liquid Beach ?

No, I meant Midnight's Children. The ambient/downtempo tracks were good, but I found the dance ones pretty boring.

It's unbelivable nobody mentioned yet Saafi Brothers - Mystic Cigarettes

It's definately the best psyambient album for me.

Ive got added that im not a fan of this style. I prefer way more "ibiza lounge" style than psymabient :)

every song from them that i heard on various compilation are amazing, i have to look for this album, but I always forget

Rofl!

Loraine was the 1 decent track as far as I got it...... because the first half had a catchy melody if I remember.

Having 1/2 a good track and a lot of shitty tracks doesn't make an album good to me though....

you always seem to need every song to be good, just like when you talk about ishq or CBL, otherwise, you dont love the artist

not because ishq made some pretty weird song, it doesnt mean that he is not amazing. even bob dylan have made song that sucked

1 completely amazing song(...and the day turned to night) destroy 1000000 good songs imo

so if you take friday fall and lerraine and born under... only those 3 songs are better then the whole discography of a lot of psy artist

what, if an artist like CBL made some boring song, it destroy every good songs they did before? they are less of a good artist? I can not think of ONE perfect album from start to finish.

jimmy hendrix is not a good guitar player because he did some pretty harsh solo's?

and Flaubert is not an amazing writer because he did too admn long description in Madame Bovary?

you always seem to need every song to be good, just like when you talk about ishq or CBL, otherwise, you dont love the artist

not because ishq made some pretty weird song, it doesnt mean that he is not amazing. even bob dylan have made song that sucked

1 completely amazing song(...and the day turned to night) destroy 1000000 good songs imo

so if you take friday fall and lerraine and born under... only those 3 songs are better then the whole discography of a lot of psy artist

what, if an artist like CBL made some boring song, it destroy every good songs they did before? they are less of a good artist? I can not think of ONE perfect album from start to finish.

jimmy hendrix is not a good guitar player because he did some pretty harsh solo's?

and Flaubert is not an amazing writer because he did too admn long description in Madame Bovary?

I really hate when someone makes an album that's got some good tracks and some crappy tracks.

I really hate how most of the pop music listeners just listen to the hit songs and never listen to 95% of the other stuff released along with them.

I always listen to a CD from the start to finish unless it's too boring or bad and I have to shut it off early.

So yea, bad tracks are important to me. And there are a handful of albums that have no bad tracks, and all great tracks... those are what I consider the top albums.

I really hate when someone makes an album that's got some good tracks and some crappy tracks.

I really hate how most of the pop music listeners just listen to the hit songs and never listen to 95% of the other stuff released along with them.

I always listen to a CD from the start to finish unless it's too boring or bad and I have to shut it off early.

So yea, bad tracks are important to me. And there are a handful of albums that have no bad tracks, and all great tracks... those are what I consider the top albums.

but theres a difference between pop listeners that buy an album to only listen to one songs and an album with 6 good songs, and 3 bad... no?

and you only listen to album from start to finish? you have the time for that? you never just put stuff on shuffle? for me, really not lots of artist im abvle to listen to an whole album without getting tired of him... so with the way you listen to albums, i understand, but really, dont be to harsh on you if you put songs you like on artist that made some boring song

poor u, must be hard, so lets say you want to listen to and the day turned to night.. you have to listen to the whole album? hahaahhaaahaha

some classics have not been mentioned:

here my favourits beside the "classics" that many of you already mentioned

Alien Soap Opera - Second Wave

Androcell - Efflorescense

Banco De Gaia - Last Train To Lhasa 3CD version

B. Ashra - Live At U Fusion

Children Of The Bong - Sirius Sound

Chronos - Steps To The Great Knowledge

Optic Eye - Light Side Of The Sun

Padmasana - Padmasana

Shakatura - Shakatura

Taruna - World Fusion