The Best Psychill Albums of All Time

Chillseeker

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Shulman - Soundscapes & Modern Tales (I'm pretty sure nobody's mentioned it yet. Such a good psychill album O.o! )

Also agree that first 2 Entheogenic and first 2 Sphongle are great psychill albums of all time. CBL is up there too. I need more of chill soon. Blah.

Interchill's Floatation and Infinessence, and Ultimae's Fahrenheit Project 3. Bluetech, for sure. HAB's album, maPOd. CBL's stuff is great too, and their second album has grown on me significantly. Sounds from the Ground. Insejn introduced me to Krusseldorf's work, which I think is really good. Oh, and the Mere Mortals album, Universal Code, is great.

too bad there isnt a whole lot to chose from in this genre.. but its one of my favorite by far :)

3 of my favorite psychill albums are:

Shpongle - The remixes

Abakus - That much closer to the sun (cant wait for next album)

Shulman - In search of a meaningfull moment (some really awesome tracks on this, i especially go mad for the unexpected visitor, its such awesome quality)

It's unbelivable nobody mentioned yet Saafi Brothers - Mystic Cigarettes

It's definately the best psyambient album for me.

Ive got added that im not a fan of this style. I prefer way more "ibiza lounge" style than psymabient :)

Yes , this one is very good indeed!

Maybe you'll like the Kumharas series, I have these two, they are both lounge and from Ibiza, actually very decent music also.

http://www.discogs.com/release/516381

http://www.discogs.com/release/365298

Especially the 3th is very good!

anyways, if u want trippy chillout tunes

m² - War of Sound

m² - Aswad

VA - Amberdelic Space

Optica - All The Colours Of The Rainbow

William Orbit - Strange Cargo III

(can't think of anything else atm)

but then again.. darker material is alot more trippy than this stuff :)

i dont understand the word psychill.. care to explain ?

Well, you know, like all the albums mentioned here, not psychedelic trance, but in the same style, only chilled, with a downbeat tempo.Like some artists are doing at the end of their cd, they put an ambient track, wich can be considered psychill aswell, for instanse to give a very commercial example, Ott, or Shpongle.

for instanse to give a very commercial example, Ott, or Shpongle.

ok, thanks for explaining, but imo shpongle is terrible music :D

well... perhaps exagerated, i can listen to it, but i find it poor music (comparable with eminem or sth :P)

anyways, if ure into oldschool goa, try amberdelic space compilation and optica - all the colours of the rainbow

otherwise HUVA Network is totally conform with your description

this one as well

but dont like that one either.. nice soundscapes though

Best albums of all time? That's a bit hard to say now ... but some of my favorite psychillalbums include the following

Bluetech - Elementary Particles / Prima Materia (I know it's actually two albums, but they're still teh major rocks!)

Ooze - Where The Fields Never End

Abakus - That Much Closer To The Sun

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden

Some of the best compilations, according to me:

VA - Downbeat Liquid vol. 1

VA - Dissolving Clouds

VA - Wider Horizons

Best albums of all times, is very difficult indeed, also one would have had to listen to all to knowhich one is the best, even on a personal level.

To my knowledge :rolleyes: this are the 3 tops:

- The Orb - Orbus Terrarum

- Entheogenic - Entheogenic

- Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient works

I didn't include the likes of the Orb, Aphex Twin and FSOL, simply because they don't fit under the "psychill" banner, even though they might be psychedelic and chill ... :)

Otherwise I would've made different recommendations.

I didn't include the likes of the Orb, Aphex Twin and FSOL, simply because they don't fit under the "psychill" banner, even though they might be psychedelic and chill ... :)

Otherwise I would've made different recommendations.

Yes I agree partly but to me they (Aphex Twin etc,..) are also psychill, just words after all.

Maybe one classic I forgot to mention is Entheogenic - Spontaneous Illumination.

Surely psychill is short for psychedelic chillout right? So all trippy chillout should fit the term. However shanty shanty ethnic sample music seems to have taken over the term like crappy uninspired dancefloor music has taken full on!

Surely psychill is short for psychedelic chillout right? So all trippy chillout should fit the term. However shanty shanty ethnic sample music seems to have taken over the term like crappy uninspired dancefloor music has taken full on!

so you don't agree with DaZeD then ?

so you don't agree with DaZeD then ?

Well I don't like genre titles but what dazed mentioned is what is generally considered to be psychill so therefore he is right but everyone has a different opinion on what is what. It would be far to hippy like to say that no one is wrong so I'll say nobody is right ;) It's all bollocks anyway, what is psychedelic? what is chill? different things to different people innit?

The thing is, what the topicstarter was looking for, is music that fits the term 'psychill' as elaborated by DaZeD. So well, if we start putting everything that's chill and psychedelic under 'psychill', that would become the all-inclusive term for all psychedelic downtempo music...

It's just that I've really come to despise the term (because of all the ethnic shanti shanti bullcrap), but I do nevertheless agree with DaZeD's interpretation.

The thing is, what the topicstarter was looking for, is music that fits the term 'psychill' as elaborated by DaZeD. So well, if we start putting everything that's chill and psychedelic under 'psychill', that would become the all-inclusive term for all psychedelic downtempo music...

It's just that I've really come to despise the term (because of all the ethnic shanti shanti bullcrap), but I do nevertheless agree with DaZeD's interpretation.

yeah :)

that's the same as putting everything thats psychedelic and trance under the name psytrance :lol: