Have you ever gone to a party/festival alone?

Ormion

Have you ever gone to a party/festival alone?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Have you?

• Yes
    • No

I've never been to one at all unfortunately :( There is rarely a festival/party within 1000 miles of where I live. The Twisted party in San Fran would have been awesome, but that's a 2000 mile trip. That's a bit too far/expensive for me.

If a party/festival ever does come near me I'll probably end up going alone though, my friends like a lot of different types of music, but none of them like trance.

If I ever went alone to a party? Man, I almost always go alone! Yes, that's right ... I'm there almost always alone. If I can recommend it? Well, yes of course, otherwise I wouldn't be doing this for six years now :D

Why I'm almost always going alone? Well, at the beginning nobody wanted to come with me (I ain't got any friends who are into this stuff). But I was curious still, wanted to see the artists and such and I can take care of myself, so I went anyway. And that's just how it was. Prior to a party I asked if anybody would want to come with me and many people said no and those who didn't say no didn't want to pay so much entry fee for a music they don't know. And well, that's how it went at the beginning. And after some time I didn't even ask people anymore, I was just going. Why I don't have friends in the scene that go with me? Well, I don't talk to many people at parties because first it's too loud and second I'm not that social and third I'm not keen on making friends with many of them anyway. "Peace, bro, but leave me in peace" so to say. I really don't care that much. My motives why I am there are probably different. They just want to have fun, I see it totally different, kinda. I'm there because of the music and only because of the music. I don't take any psychedelic substances either.

And over the last six years my habits shifted altogether. I don't "party" anymore, I come to see "live" sets. I check the timetables. I meet with friends, then when the liveact is scheduled to play I leave them and go to the party. It varies, but the general setting of my psy party life is like that meanwhile. And soon after the act I wanted to see has played I mostly leave, because I'm not interested in the generic fullon the DJs play today ... except if the DJ was good, then I stay longer, but that's the case not so often. Overall I can say I go when I want to go and see what I want to see. Quick and efficient. The social factor gets ranked down anyway if you see it from that point.

Of course I already took some people with me and it even was fun (though I feel like a complete idiot when I'm there with somebody who doesn't know the scene and I gotta explain things and get surprised looks, it feels alien). But they are of the kind that goes to small parties with little entry with DJs playing and such, they'd never spend much money on it, they aren't interested in the stuff so to say! And I'm not doing this kind of stuff anymore, I went to these kinds of little parties three years ago. I'm not doing this to "party" anymore, I have the parties elsewhere with friends, I'm just in it for the live sets and personal appearances of artists nowadays. I do my thing. And since I'm a horribly egocentric person it only is better that I do this alone, this way I just get the most out of it!

And Ormion, just do it, man ;)

You can do it if you are nice to people, don't take any drugs and don't drink too much. At least that's how I do it. And tell somebody where you are going ... really, do it, last time I was at a location in some dark and really spooky park area near the river, doubt anybody would have found my corpse within a week if anybody would have thrown me into the water :ph34r: ... I'll never forget that. I'll always tell where I'm going from now on.

That festival, I'm sure it will be nice. Have a nice time there :)

And Ormion, just do it, man ;)

You can do it if you are nice to people, don't take any drugs and don't drink too much.

I'm good with ppl (not that social though), don't drink and don't take drugs. :)

i don't go to much in the way of "festival" or weekend long parties, those i pretty much have gone to with others but regular parties at club or warehouse or outside somewhere in my area i go alone more often than not.

I always know most of the people at parties, but im not really friends with many of them and ehh, i'm way more into the music than anything else.

pretty odd, but it is not uncommon for me to go to a party for 8 hours and say "hey what's up" to like two people and not a word else.

never been big on party type smalltalk, and all i have in common with most trance party people is the music so there isn't much for me to say.

What's funny is sometimes people try to talk to me or think maybe i'm not having a good time by myself around all those people.

i'm still having an awesome time

For me, psytrance music is strongly linked to psychedelic drugs. Even when I am not on psychedelics (which is most of the time these days, and has been for many years) I still get a taste of that feeling when listening to psy.

The party scene for me is about taking psychedelics to enter into the music. I've gone to parties alone because I had no one to go with (my only psy-loving friends live in other cities). I always have a good time but it can be a bit alienating. I'm pretty shy in crowds anyway, and tripping it's usually moreso. I can't make small-talk at all so I generally just close my eyes and dance. I do enjoy being around all the other freaks dancing and I definitely try in a small way to contribute my good vibes. It's not like I'm anti-social.

I would surely prefer to go with a group of close friends but since that's seldom an option I make the best of it. Dancing to a killer psy track you've never heard before while peaking on acid is one of life's singularly amazing experiences.

-- Gus

I haven't been to a festival alone.. I go with people and then go off on my own for the whole day.. I may see a few of my friends through out the day but thats about it....

As for psy party's I'm normally always alone apart from a few times that i have taken friends or girlfriend. i can normally find someone to chat to if board and people sometimes talk to me.. But i am the only one of my friends who likes psy/goa and other forms there of... That and its really nice to get away from all the stress and strain of everyday life... just me and a few drugs... :posford:

but the friends I have also influence this choice... They are ether running around after girls or getting so smashed (on anything they have and anything they are offered) that normally 1 or 2 of them will need looking after. So going alone is really the only way to enjoy my self and dance...

the girlfriend is good when we go together, but she hates the naughty substances... so i do the night clean which can sometimes be hard if i have been working all day..

but yes go for it... its very relaxing to do what you want when you want... no stress no strain....

Guest deffect

I have been and I will be going to parties alone. In my city the psy-scene is very low populated, and usually when i tell ppl what music i listen mostly ppl say WTF is this music, when they hear it thay say ooooh its techno. I rly hate that, I got only 2 friends who are into psytrance but they are too lazy to come to parties. The last party i was was in Macedonia (Gathering of the Tribe). It was a 3day 2 night festival. Was really nice, met new ppl, had a great time and i can say macedonians are rly cool. And im rly sure i will be going to parties alone in the future.