Have you ever gone to a party/festival alone?

Ormion

Have you ever gone to a party/festival alone?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Have you?

• Yes
    • No

Sorry for the poll, but I'm just curious.

One of my biggest problems when it comes to parties is that I have no one to go. I have only one friend that listens to psy (the others range from metalheads to house lovers) and he's living in a different town. When he comes to Athens and there's a good party in town (which rarely is) we go to shake our butts.

But if he doesn't then I don't go either. I don't like to go to a party or festival alone, don't know why actually.

Am I overreacting? Have you ever been to a party all by yourself?

I have & it was great but I still have reservations about going alone. It's not that I don't think I'll have fun but I just don't have the motivation to drag myself along alone anymore.

hehe yep, the hardest part is motivating myself to get in the car and go... once I get there I actually have MORE fun alone then when I'm with friends! First of all, if I'm alone, I'm a lot more open to chit-chat with strangers and other people have a higher tendency to talk to me cause they see I'm alone. You might end up meeting some very cool people that way ;) Second of all, EVERYTIME I go to a party with friends we end up almost fighting in the morning cause some friends have had enough and want to go home and others want to stay. Needless to say that when I'm alone I don't have that problem...

oh yes I should also mention that none of my friends really dig the music, if they come with me it's just for the drugs... and personally I don't feel comfortable with that.

Oh hell yeah, but I'm a colossal party addict, and wouldn't mind doing a 6 mile walk to spend 8 hours jumping in front of a big ass speaker.

But, yeah, sometimes my friends are too indecisive, take too long to make their minds up, unsure of where, why and how to got, too lazy, or just flat out broke, etc. etc. etc...

Sometimes, I just feel that if I wouldn't go alone, I'd spend way too much time just sitting around and waiting for others to make a move first, thus missing out on all the potential fun ;)

First time I've been to O.Z.O.R.A. I went by myself. I heard nice stories about it, packed my shit and just went there. Was hella fun too!

It happened to me a lot between 1998 and 2001, I was studying in Paris, my friends wee in another city and people at school all hated psytrance. So I went alone, hitch hiking on the way and the return...

Yes, I went to Forgotten Ritual alone and met some nice people there and had a great time. Went to a local party alone a few months back too and enjoyed it (in fact I wouldn't have gone had I not heeded the forum's advice, and I'm glad I did).

(didn't have any alcohol, money or substances...)

Usually, when this is the order of the day, I leave myself with no other option but to stay home...

hehe yep, the hardest part is motivating myself to get in the car and go... once I get there I actually have MORE fun alone then when I'm with friends! First of all, if I'm alone, I'm a lot more open to chit-chat with strangers and other people have a higher tendency to talk to me cause they see I'm alone. You might end up meeting some very cool people that way ;) Second of all, EVERYTIME I go to a party with friends we end up almost fighting in the morning cause some friends have had enough and want to go home and others want to stay. Needless to say that when I'm alone I don't have that problem...

oh yes I should also mention that none of my friends really dig the music, if they come with me it's just for the drugs... and personally I don't feel comfortable with that.

What he said. I prefer going alone actually hehe :)

havent gone to a party/festival alone till now but i do end up being the only one wanting to stay while the other people want to leave :angry:

once i stayed back after my friends left and ended up hitchhiking with a couple who were acidheads and wanted me to record them on their video cam while they spoke in the front. the funniest part was there was a puddle outside the main entrance and their car was parked on the other side , which meant they had to drive through the huge pond of water. we got into the car and the guy handed me the video camera and asked me to record the water splashing away from the wheels while they drove through the puddle. it was really dirty water and i had my doubts about recording the entire thing thinking i might dirty the video cam which is exactly what happened :lol: i had to clean up the damn thing and get ready for recording the journey. :D

Most of the parties i'm attending is private... theres simply no Psy Club(events) out there... :'(

And the ones there is, is quite restricted as whom might join (18+) is a pain in the butt :( (especially if the bouncer recognices you)

But yeah, iv'e been going to clubs alone alone.. simply because most of my friends are boring fucks :P that either goes to crappy clubs or / are really anoying to be with, when they get drunk.

nope, all my friends of a part went,

this summer it'll be different,

most of them never liked goa that much but liked the parties (drugs :rolleyes: )

since we don't do that anymore,

I'm the only one left who still enjoys goa without drugs,

so this summer the change will be very high that some festivals I will go alone,

but I always know there will be people from other cities I will know,

with other words np imo ;)

yes plenty of times early on, but not recently. I prefer to go now with people I know so that we can do something like orgnaise a comfortable and well planned time. When I go by myself it is usually just with some change of clothes, money for food and sleep out in the open, but it gets broing, depressing and I found if I take druqks it increase my paranoia to extreme levels.

Yup, I went to universo paralello over last new year on my lonesome and i don't speak a word of portuguese but i still had an amazing time. I think psy trance festivals/parties are easier to go along to alone than parties of other genres of music because everyone there are on the whole soooo much friendlier and easier to make friends with. or perhaps just more likeminded :P that's been my experience anyway...

I have & it was great but I still have reservations about going alone. It's not that I don't think I'll have fun but I just don't have the motivation to drag myself along alone anymore.

+1

but when i went to sola luna alone i had a fantastic time. actually, i met some old friends at the port before going and since that point just met more and more people all the time.

these days im not so social..

a big problem is i currently have no friends who enjoy this music (not surprising..) and 99% of them will prefer staying in the city and go out in stupid clubs i never set foot in.. or spend all holiday time with partners, etc.

the more i think of it, the more i realise my friends tend to become more boring by the minute (as in stuck to routine, never up for something out of ordinary, will say im lazy because i just dont go to mainstream clubs, etc). even my more "wild" best friend is in a downturn. he met his current love affair in xmas and since then only goes out with her (not even inviting anyone) in trendy-chic places... OMG!!NO!!!

yeah sorry for offtopic..

after re-reading all this..

have to say it s REALLY worth it going to a festival alone.. and i can imagine doing so in a different counrty is a plus!

had my health situation (back problem) been better and i could just not worry about where i'll sleep comfortably, etc.. i would easily just say fuck you all to everyone i know here and take all my free time this summer festival-hoping around europe, alone. set an example ;)

if you're slightly talkative there is simply no chance you wont make friends, at least for the duration of each festival.

and the sense of adventure will leave you satisfied x100 even if the festival per se sucks !

I went alone in the very beginning (98-00) and it was fun indeed, because the music was central... :) Now I know too many people on parties to feel alone :) not a bad thing, but sometimes a little annoying when you want to dance and see nobody

the 1st time i went alone was few weeks ago and i had a good time. but i preferred to have some friends with me....i really like to meet new ppl and talk to strangers but when on drugs my english gets worse which doesn't help !!!!!

right now i'm planning on going to a festival alone, but this time it's a 5day/4night (Gaian Mind) festival and it might get boring alone :unsure: but i don't want to miss it.....

yup, was just a party, since the organizers of the event told me that I could get in free and that I could hang out with them in the VIP zone, but when I got there, he was like kinda busy and I didnt get in and after an hour the lights went out and the party was over :angry: