Aurora Festival

Ormion

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give Huva Network a try, thanks for the recommendation.

I would say, wait some more with that, their new album will be released around the end of december they told me... and what I heard on the party was MUCH better for sure as what was released on their first album :)

Not the best ever, but at the same time certainly not the worst either. It was all-in-all actually very good.

Location could have been nicer (very much prefer nature over camping sites with cars, scooters and old people all around).

There was some seriously good music. Klopfgeister (spiderpig, spiderpiiiig.. lalalalalala :D ) and Prometheus and Hallucinogen at main, and for sure Asura at chill. Way to go! There was a definite correlation (minus some anomalies) at main with the amount of daylight and quality of music. Days = good, Nights = rubbish

I liked the crowd. The atmosphere was nicey nice.

..also food was overpriced and crap. Same with booze (the price part). But it's okay, after all there was a supermarket nearby :)

edit. huh I look so whiney. Really I had a great time :posford:

Great time even thou I fell asleep just as Ott started. Woke up to people dancing to YB (or maybe Shpongle), actually I made a point of sleeping really close to the stage so I'd have my personal crowd alarm clock. Turned out I was way too tired. So I just slept right there. No comments on the music which was played that night :(

edited again for less future drama :drama:

OOOD disappointed me big time. After 20 minutes I figured that it probably wont get better (sounded like proper generic boredom to me) and just walked away. A shame.. I had such high expectations. Recall really liking your last album.. oh well.

Sorry you felt that. Funny though you don't recall that the first 20 minutes was pure ambient leading into psychedelic breakbeat leading into the track I did with Ott, which is on our last album. Nothing generic there! It's quite possible you thought another live act was us because we didn't play at the time it said on the printed lineup; we were told that other live acts overran their set times (playing 1h 30m instead of just 1h) and the sound system broke down during the day, so that everyone was playing up to 3 hours late.

The fact is, we'd prepared our set for the time we'd been told we were going to play rather than the time we ended up playing due to the lineup nightmare. We'd been told we were due on at 9pm after an hour's silence on the main stage - this is what the printed lineup said, and this is why we decided to begin with ambient -> breaks -> slower trance -> pumping trance. In the end we had to play at 11:30 pm after a prog live act, and I was kind of worried that our set wouldn't work so well but we got a lot of feedback afterwards that we reset the dancefloor just right (my MSN has been busy today, and we have new bookings from our set at the festival), so in the end I'm happy :)

I don't know. Maybe I didn't catch you from the beginning. I do remember the visuals saying "OOOD". Was def not ambient playing at that time. I just remember thinking that this is nothing like the OOOD I've heard (and enjoyed) before.

Not the end of the world. I remember being so disappointed that I made a mental note to whine about it in the internet.. sorry. Glad to hear about new bookings :)

I don't know. Maybe I didn't catch you from the beginning. I do remember the visuals saying "OOOD". Was def not ambient playing at that time. I just remember thinking that this is nothing like the OOOD I've heard (and enjoyed) before.

Not the end of the world. I remember being so disappointed that I made a mental note to whine about it in the internet.. sorry. Glad to hear about new bookings :)

Be interesting to hear what you think of the new album when it's out. Obviously it'll be different to Free Range but it'll still be us.

Tell me... who were you? there were not so many people at the chill at that time... picture? :P

I'm pretty sure I saw you and maybe Mars as well at the front dancing with some girls.. I was sitting slightly behind with one other guy and a girl..

Nice. What track is being played in this video?

The track is called: The Big Blue and will be on the new Filteria album. I've uploaded an extract at www.myspace.com/filteria + a shitloads of other stuff :)

As for the festival itself, I had a great time. I met alot of nice people and the whole Ultimae family which are the sweetest people you can imagine. Solar Fields was great, Asura aswell. Actually everything i heard on the Ambient stage was great :) As for the mainstage, I can't say too much since I barely spent any time there. But playing there was great fun with a great energy on the dancefloor :posford:

End of the set:

:posford:

Take care / Jannis

I had a great time... I heard most of the music I wanted to, missed some though... The whole line up was full of quality.

The campsite was great, there was shade,water and electricity everywhere and the sea was very nice, it really helped the experience... Even the fact that the town was near and there were shops at proximity. I was there with 7-8 other people so we had fun all together...

My 3 highlights music-wise:

1)Simon Baring - The guy is an entertainer and has great mixing skills and great music collection

2) Miraculix for joining the party

3) Hallucinogen - It's the 8th time that I see him live and I agree that he has this certain pattern that he follows and has been doing it consistnatly, but he always manages to make the tracks sound so different, up until the last 3 tracks that weren pretty much left untouched, the rest was tottaly edited, with added effects and melodies.... I see Anoebi's point about lack of originality in term of the structure, but it seems that he has put a lot of effort in the set...

Other than that:

Tikkal,Andromeda,Chromosome were all very good, nice melodic prog had lots of people dancing on friday morning

Ott - Very nice set and live, seemed almost as if he was playing my CDs.

Aes dana - Great atmosphere, although I feel that he should have played during sunset or sunrise. much too hot and sunny for his slihglty-dark music style

Maheanne - nice

Oood - Just as it was mentioned, they were supposed to play after the break but ended up playing after the Prog duo that also had a girl in (who was it?) so for some people it was kinda slow.... but very nice combination of different music styles, like dub,reggae, breaks .....

YB - average at best

Shpongle - Ok but have heard much better from Simon

Filteria - Great as expected

Bamboo forest - Much better than I expected, I was listening to it from the beach and it was good...

I missed a few others that I wanted to check, but I had to carry my GF (who's not so much into this kind of entertainement and started panicking if I wasn't near her) everywhere so this hindered my ability to move around freely...

Only problems for me: Rubbish at the dancefloor, dust and lack of shade at the chill-out........... other that it was a great experience!!

C YA NEXT YEAR!

Here's what I put on Isra...

Well we had wicked fun! Thanks to Teo, D. and the crew for bringing us, and to everyone who danced to our set. The sound system was excellent, one of the better rigs we've played on, and the engineer was really friendly and efficient and knew his shit... same for the visuals guys - love what they did with our logo Posted Image

The chillout was great at night, loved Simon Baring's minimal set and Ott afterwards was great too. It was interesting to see Simon P. play with a more minimal setup than I've seen him use before, and it's always good to hear those tunes on a big rig. From a festivalgoer's point of view it was an excellent weekend; facilities on site were awesome and the food was good and much cheaper than at an equivalent UK event. Not only did I not see any police on site but it was one of the most naturally drug-free festivals I've been to, probably due to paranioa from earlier years. But that just meant that we could experience the local alcoholic specialities in all their glory. Man I haven't been so drunk in about 15 years...

Most of the organisation was fine too, especially considering (as I was told) it was one guy doing pretty much the whole thing, and from what he told me any criticisms about the lineup delays are better directed at the sun for frying the amplifiers, and artists who played for much longer than they were booked for! This affected us in that we'd been told we were playing at 9pm after an hour of silence when there would be no music on the main stage, and we therefore planned out our set with that in mind, starting with a few minutes of ambient before taking it up to trance via a psy-breaks track. We eventually played at 11:30 after a vocal prog act, which made us worry that our set wouldn't work so well. It was fine in the end though, and our feeling was that 'resetting the dancefloor' like that kind of prepared people for the transition we made from prog to more full-energy music at night - especially since we ended at 150bpm! Posted Image

Having one guy doing the whole thing did have its repercussions both before the festival and during it when he was totally unobtainable when shit really needed sorting out; the only thing I'll mention here is that the transport situation for artists was not always good (understatement) - it's not cool to abandon your artists at the hotel when they have to catch their flight home, even if they're staying for a day longer. But nothing was fatal (for us); Teo was straight up with us whenever we spoke to him at the festival and I'm sure that once he's recovered from the immediate aftermath he'll work through the backlog of things still to do as fast as he can. I'm also sure that the lessons learned from this year will make next year even better and we'd certainly be up for it again.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...