Aurora Festival

Ormion

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omgawd!!!

i cry... so many great artists!! god, why am i not there, .-Shrug,. clearly you have to be 18 anyway.

i wish they're gonna have those artists playing every year!

i mean c'mon, Those are the most reknowned and prominent artists gathered in one place! this rocks!!

Tikal (spelled Tikkal) in the program? wtf? spelling?

Tristan - thought he stopped playing, didn't he damage his ears or something like that?

Solar Fields (those swedish) :wub:

And of course OOD :wub: *throws under garments in advance. (i'll send it per mail)

Bamboo Forest

PLEDIANS

prometheus :blink:

HALLUCINOGEN!!! :posford:

FILTERIA!! AMAGAWD

VIBRASPHERE :wub: :posford: :rolleyes:

Ace Ventura :S

Ott

Aes Dana (again)

Solar Fields

Huva Network

I awake

CBL

SHPOOOONGLEEEE!!!

meh younger brother :S

A Great Chill Scene - I really wish i could be present, but'll have to wait some years :S

god im gonna go emo by that time :( already growing my emo bangs :angry:

I'll let you off cos you're young.

Ah, man sorry :(

won't happen again <_<

Ace Ventura will NOT perform there. He was added to the line-up despite he never approved his appearance there.

There are a few other unauthorized artists in the line up as well.

I smell epic failurez

well at least posford will be there :D and of course Vibrasphere / Solar Fields too

The most intense hour of my life! :D

Ok, the dance stage was awful!!!!

Apart from Pixel, Miraculix, Logic Bomb, OOOD, Prometheus and of course grand master Filteria almost everything else in the dance stage sucked beyond belief!!!

3 whole days of nonsense, minimal, clubby progressive and full on. Kick+bass music made to fill some random club! Discusting!!!! :angry:

Also Hallucinogen was boring too.

The chill stage was great, especially the Ultimae artists! Too bad I fell asleep and miss Huva Network, CBL and Cell :(

Anyway here are some pics:

Here is the dance stage

Posted Image

The chill stage

Posted Image

The beach

Posted Image

Master Jannis

Posted Image

Anoebis and me

Posted Image

welcome back Ormion!! you've been missed.

Oh, man i need way more details!

C'mon the whole experience!! teeeeellll mmeeeeeeee!!

And too bad about missing some great chill :(

How were OOOD?

And nice picture btw, met many psynewseers?

welcome back Ormion!! you've been missed.

Oh, man i need way more details!

C'mon the whole experience!! teeeeellll mmeeeeeeee!!

And too bad about missing some great chill :(

How were OOOD?

And nice picture btw, met many psynewseers?

Hey, glad I'm back! :D

Were you naughty? :P

Well I was terribly sunburned! lol

I met Anoebis, Mars and Filteria. All great guys.

OOOD were very good. Too bad I lost almost half of the set, since I was looking for a clean toilet to shit :ph34r:

The place was wonderful, the sea great.

I went alone so I didn't have much company, but that was ok.

And I just realised that ppl will dance to anything as long it has a kick and a bass. Unftotunately today nothing else matters.

Hey, glad I'm back! :D

Were you naughty? :P

Well I was terribly sunburned! lol

I met Anoebis, Mars and Filteria. All great guys.

OOOD were very good. Too bad I lost almost half of the set, since I was looking for a clean toilet to shit :ph34r:

The place was wonderful, the sea great.

I went alone so I didn't have much company, but that was ok.

And I just realised that ppl will dance to anything as long it has a kick and a bass. Unftotunately today nothing else matters.

it sounds like an overall normal festival experience, but with great music instead of crappy one :P

Lol a greek sunburned? never been sunburned before.

yes i was naughty... all together too much for psynews to handle. :P

I'm honestly pretty out of this whole live psy/goa thingy. The first time I saw a video of a live psy performance I went like "What the f...?" because I really had no idea of the culture and had a different kind of a view on how is it like.

Now I'm a bit more enlightened, thanks to a handful of youtube videos, but I'm still wondering, is there a lot of sober people in the festivals? I'm pretty much what you guys call a "straight edge", I don't do anything, I don't care for that sort of stuff, so basically going to a festival like konemetsä kinda frightens me a little in that sense that it could get hectic with people who are out of their minds.

Just seems that not a lot of people can honestly enjoy goa/psy sober as much as I do, especially in the festivals.

Anyone care to enlighten me a little bit more?

/Newbiequestion

I hope I even made any damn sense with this...

Man those people never heard of trash-cans..

You weren't kidding, jebus... O_o

Oh and a side note, was that new Filteria I just heard? I didn't recognize it

I'm honestly pretty out of this whole live psy/goa thingy. The first time I saw a video of a live psy performance I went like "What the f...?" because I really had no idea of the culture and had a different kind of a view on how is it like.

Now I'm a bit more enlightened, thanks to a handful of youtube videos, but I'm still wondering, is there a lot of sober people in the festivals? I'm pretty much what you guys call a "straight edge", I don't do anything, I don't care for that sort of stuff, so basically going to a festival like konemetsä kinda frightens me a little in that sense that it could get hectic with people who are out of their minds.

That was my first festival that lasts more than two days. I can say that most guys were sober and also very polite and kind.

There weren't any fights or other problems at all.

Just seems that not a lot of people can honestly enjoy goa/psy sober as much as I do, especially in the festivals.

That's 100% true. Unfortunately most ppl in this (and I guess in most) festivals have no idea at all what kind of music is playing.

I personally know a couple that came in Aurora and have NO idea what Psytrance is.

You weren't kidding, jebus... O_o

Greece+trashcans doen'st match <_<

Oh and a side note, was that new Filteria I just heard? I didn't recognize it

Yep, new tracks, all awesome! :) Plus live versions of older tracks, including superb remixes of Snuggling Snail and Lunar Civilization!

I'm in the same boat but never seem to have much of a problem with what other people do at festivals. You might find some people smile a lot, mumble inanities, jump around a bit, or talk really fast, but that's about it. When you're the sober one people around you can be weird... but from their perspective things are probably much much weirder :)

Aaaah, we just returned alive and kicking!

And I can only say I was super happy about this festival, for sure the best festival in many years for me (since Trancylvania Calling or something at least!)

First of all I was a little concerned to return to Greece after the Samothraki shit that happened to us in 2002-2003 to us, but luckely, this time no bad cops, no unfriendly people at all! :)

The festival itself was taking place in a HUGE camping that was partly abandonded, and partly still inhabited by old people... So that meant we had the very weird sight of old people sitting in a small garden next to a 4 days BOOM BOOM BOOM dancefloor, but well, afterall they seem to have survived! :) The place had a lot of HUGE trees so it was easy to find a good spot in the shadow :) And with a sea next to the dancefloor you can only feel in paradise

The organisation had for sure its problems (logic if such a festival is the first they organised), things like coverage over the dancefloor that fell down, or the soundsystem that had to stop for some time because it was overheated,... But nothing went badly wrong and allmost ALL artists were there except some Israelis I didn't miss at all... :)

The sound was simply HUGE, but the main stage had a little too much bass, altough I think that was rather a problem of amphetamine/cocaine artists instead of the sound, because some artists made it sound good...

Also, there were not many people from abroad at all, normally a huge international festival has 60-40% locals - people from abroad, I think here it was 85% Greek and 15% people from other countries, but it didn't matter at all, I met lots of nice people, that was the main thing! :) (And alot of psynewsers - Ormion (we had a great time), Trunksan, nice to meet you again :P Collin OOOD, psychosphere and Asura :)

And a last note, I was happy the festival was so sober, it seemed like drugs was really expensive and not so much available, and because of that the party had a really nice vibe, and I never saw things like in Boom festival, and even after 4 days it still wasn't a Zombiegarden... :)

And then the main point... The music! :)

Before this festival I was a few weeks in nature so I didn't hear much goa trance at all, and maybe that is the reason, but I managed to be open minded for all music that was played... of course there was lots of progressive and some full on, but not all of it was bad imo, and the chill was a huge eargasm... :)

The groups that stood out on main stage for me (do be honest I only saw half of the groups because I was in the chill the other half of the time)

- E-Mov: I never heard of that group before, but the first half an hour it was amost old school trance mixed with progressive, lots of nice warm melodies allover the place with a groovy bassline, the last half an hour was more full on ish unfortunately

- Klopfgeister: this was pretty massive progressive, the bassline sounded huge and there was a great groove in most of the tracks, also some nice melodies (sometimes on the edge of normal trance but I like that) and some funny spider pig moments :)

- Andromeda: I knew this would be good, very fun progressive melodic trance, lots of remixes (Time Simulation, Logic Bomb 2 times, Oxygen,...)

- Miraculix: I was very much surprised here, very melodic crazy stuff all the way, only negative thing was the too clear and typical full on bass that came over the melodies at some time, but overall this had a lot of potential

- Hallucinogen: not what it had to be, no longer Simon Godford for me...

- Filteria: I am based, but his new tracks sound awesome, better then the older ones :) Total destruction on the dancefloor

- Vibrasphere: one of the biggest surprises for me... full melodic all the way with a huge groove, people were flying!

Then, also a honourable mention for OOOD, because of his very original mix with genres, unfortunately I only heard a very short part of it because of the Ultimae madness on the ambient floor (always hard to choose)

The ambient place (you can't believe the groups I mention now ALL played after eachother)

- OTT: very happy dubby music, nothing surprising, but nice anyway

- Mahianne: great set, lots of Hol Bauman

- Aes Dana live: oh yes, deep, melodic, dreamy, fantastic :)

- Aes Dana dj set: probably even better, one of the deepest sets I ever heard, lots of stuff from Biosphere - Substrate, some Lisa Gerrard singing and Makyo, and and and... :) Yummi!

- Asura: oh my god... Sweet! It should get mentioned that all the tracks were remixed into eachother so it became a beautiful voyage... the massive 4/4 beats which is so typical for him was everywhere, and he also played Golgotha, which is probably my favourite of the new album so I was super happy! It was also one of the nicest moment of the festival for me because before he started there was a break of 1 hour to let the machines cool down a little, so only people were there that REALLY wanted to see him, and this caused a fantastic atmosphere with 20 people dancing like crazy on this! :)

The whole set was filmed by a Israeli guy called Nil, and he would put it up on youtube... :)

- Solar Fields: very good, softish, emotional, subtile... You know what to expect from him, I liked it alot of course

- Nova: the fantastic music didn't stop... :)

- Huva Network: THE biggest surprise of the festival, everyone that was there agreed it was probably the best thing for a LONG time... :) Superb deep ambient, very subtile, slowly changing, breathing, earthly... and in the end some tracks with a 4/4 beat that sounded a little like super slow progressive, the ambient floor went crazy!

- Cell: ok, after hearing his set I knew immediately... I will buy his album stante pede! :) Very melodic, more on the lighter side compared to the other ultimae artists

- I awake: ok, here it did go wrong for me, the singing all the time from the guy was really not on the right place, a pitty, also his album was the weakest for me on Ultimae

- CBL: I almost had to cry while dancing on it, his new tracks are SO emotional, the melodies so perfect, and the remix of What about the Forests (Photosynthesis) was beautiful... for me together with huva network and Asura thé best sets of the festival

- Younger Brother: rediculous, really, shit, this was not good, remixes of disco tracks etc...

- Shpongle: well, almost all known tracks, only 1-2 new ones... And well, after the Ultimae bliss this simply sounded pale and weak, sorry Simon...

Well, so far the music itself, now a last comment

A pitty not so many people are really there for the music, as Ormion said, at some point I don't care, but when you see Asura has to play for 100 people on a festival of 6000 people it is a pitty... But we made this theory before on the festival, maximum 1 out of 10 on a festival is really into the music, the rest is there for fun (and some for drugs) and dancing, which is great of course, but when you are obsessed by music like so many psynewsers it's sometimes a bit weird... :)

So conclusion: this festival fulfilled my expactations! it gets a straight 8/10!

First of all, my friend with whom I was in the festival with said that OOOD's set was by far the best of the lot - so good job on that :)

Unfortunately, I missed it - was asleep.

Second, Anoebis, since I've never seen a better set by Shpongle, and have only seen once a slightly better set by Hallucinogen - my opinion might not count for much, but I enjoyed the Shpongle set very very much. The Younger Brother set was great as well, I couldn't stop moving - and it is was refreshing hearing something a bit different. The Ott set took me to another world, and was the best set I got to see in the festival. His DJ Set was great as well, and I heard it - and then went to watch the sunrise and take a swim in a completely empty sea... could things be any more perfect?! "The Queen of All Everything" is still playing in my mind, since that set.

Filteria was incredible as well. Prometheus... I expected more - I came for his set, mostly. I don't like his older material as much as I like his new stuff. He did play 3 or 4 tracks from his latest album which I went insane dancing to.

I have several regrets: I missed Aes Dana (rather - slept with it, in the chill stage), I missed Solar Fields (was at the sea), I missed Carbon Based Lifeforms (sleeping, again, getting ready for Younger Brother), I missed OOOD (sleeping.. :(), I missed Vibrasphere's sets (had to leave the festival) and I missed the Pleiadians (had to deal with a friend's crisis). I hope to at least see OOOD and Vibrasphere in Israel, soon.. the others I'm not very hopeful about. :<

All in all - this was a great, intimate festival. I will come again next year, if there is indeed another festival.

Second, Anoebis, since I've never seen a better set by Shpongle, and have only seen once a slightly better set by Hallucinogen - my opinion might not count for much, but I enjoyed the Shpongle set very very much. The Younger Brother set was great as well, I couldn't stop moving - and it is was refreshing hearing something a bit different.

It's all about taste of course... :) But I have the feeling Simon really ran out of ideas, after 11 years of his last album he is STILL playing the same tracks and the same remixes (yes, even the full on rmx of Gamma Goblins) over and over again, I have seen him 5-6 Times live already, and this was really the same as before, nothing new... no surprises... :s same with Shpongle, just the tracks over and over again... I agree with Younger Brother it was something different and refreshing, but not my style at all (but I guess, I was a little critical after the whole Ultimae eargasm, the difference between Shpongle ambient and Ultimae ambient is really big... The Ultimae ambient brings you in deep trance, Shpongle makes you rather happy and shaky :))

But I heard other people saying SHpongle was pure bliss... so my opinion is just An opinion as well of course :)