Aurora Festival

Ormion

Definetely there are almost all top names present when it comes to british full-on. But I also feel that there are a lot of mediocre full-on acts in the line-up (am I perhaps wrong there?).

I also wanted to ask those of you in the know about the progressive psy part of the line up. It seems quite good but how good exactly or not is it in your opinion?

I'm trying to make up my mind about the fest and I'm troubled about the good to mediocre acts ratio so to say. Thanks for any help and maybe see you there.

p.s. I'm not into psyambient so I don't really bother much about it though it perhaps could save the day during some boring pa's.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, those organizers must have mucho dinero with all of those big names! The location looks delicious, with the ocean right there. I have never been to such a festival, and I would wonder how safe these things are. Are people generally friendly to strangers? How would you recognize people from this board if you never met them before? I would love to hop a plane from the US and check this out. OF course, I need to be sure this festival will actually happen.

Mdk

Locals are for sure friendly to strangers, since many generations grew up with the tourism! What do you mean about safety? We don't expect any terrorist act in the Greek countryside anytime soon! If we decide to go there, we could arrange a meeting, lets say 1st day chill out area, 3pm or something so we'll all meet! Check the psynews album and keep faces in mind! I wouldn't worry about that!

I seriously think to do this fest! It would be nice if we could meet there altogether! Lets do it!

:)

Definetely there are almost all top names present when it comes to british full-on. But I also feel that there are a lot of mediocre full-on acts in the line-up (am I perhaps wrong there?).

I also wanted to ask those of you in the know about the progressive psy part of the line up. It seems quite good but how good exactly or not is it in your opinion?

I'm trying to make up my mind about the fest and I'm troubled about the good to mediocre acts ratio so to say. Thanks for any help and maybe see you there.

p.s. I'm not into psyambient so I don't really bother much about it though it perhaps could save the day during some boring pa's.

Actually as long Filteria is coming, i'm there! :D

It's true that there are many artists I don't recognise, but the great ones are enough for me :)

I agree that there are many filler acts - both in full on and progressive. That's the case with most festivals in my opinion though, and of course it's a matter of taste, but in this case I think many of the acts could be replaced by some good DJ's like Peter Digital, Emok, Banel, Pena, Slater, Mapusa Mapusa, Kasey Taylor and so on.

Anyways - some of the progressive acts I can recommend:

AKD, Andromeda, Earsugar, Gaudium, Liquid Soul, NASA, Protonica, Quantize, S>Range, Sun Control Species, Vibrasphere and Zen Mechanics

Have a good trip down there if you go :)

Couldn't beleive it when i first read about it a couple of moths ago..Such a line up right next to my door!!

I and my mates are going to be there 99% and i feel that this is going to be the best festival ever happened in Greece..

So i guess we' ll meet there!

:)

Cheers

• 2 months later...

That being said, I don't really get the 100% liveacts mindset at this festival

In my experience it is often the long sets from world-class DJs that provide some of the best music at festivals... I am thinking of guys like James Monro, D-Nox, Peter Didgital, Emok, and so on.

Edit: oh, I see here on page two that our taste coincides :)

Since Aurora will be my first festival I go that last more than one day I need to ask a completelly n00bish question.

Do I have to bring a tent?

Yes. But this festival being in Greece, a hammock might suffice.

Yeah, a hammock will be best, since I'm going alone and carrying a tent is not the best thing :D

Aha, well, as I will go there too, I wasn't sure of bringing a tent either... once the sun will shine it is a sauna... So let's make a hammock corner of psynewsers then... :P And specially for you, Ormion, you can make Ctulhu tentacles out of my dreads :D

Aha, well, as I will go there too, I wasn't sure of bringing a tent either... once the sun will shine it is a sauna... So let's make a hammock corner of psynewsers then... :P And specially for you, Ormion, you can make Ctulhu tentacles out of my dreads :D

haha :lol:

Sounds awesome!

Hey,

I'm gonna be in the festival, of course. Just wondering - what artists can't I afford to miss? :)

This is the list of artists performing, I've separated it into "must see" and "I don't know" lists. Help me move artists from the "I don't know" to the "must see" list - which give the best live performances, are the best talented etc?

"Must See"

Hallucinogen Live

Sphongle DJ Set

Younger Brother Live

Prometheus Live

OTT Live + DJ Set

Logic Bomb Live

Pleiadians Live

Vibrasphere Live

AES Dana Live

Asura Live

Solar Fields Live

Vibrasphere (Downtempo) Live

Carbon Based Lifeforms Live

Filteria

OOOD Live

Bamboo Forest Live

Klopfgeister Live

"I don't know"

Talamasca Live

Sun Control Species

Vaishiyas Live

Liquid Soul Live

Andromeda Live

U-Recken Live

Massive Live

Sirius Isness Live

Symphonix Live

True Lies Live

U-Recken Live

Freakulizer Live

Midimal Live

Zen Mechanics

Kularis Live

Nok Live

Daydin Live

Aerospace Live

Dualism Live

Dualsnug Live

Gaudium

Odiseo

Jey & Ex

H.U.V.A. Network Live

Cosmic Tone Live

Lightsphere Live

Quantum Live

Protonica Live

S-Range Live

Chromosome Live

Galactika Live

Visua Live

Visual Paradox Live

Visual Contact Live

Ultravoice Live

Earsugar Live

Audiomatic Live

Audiomatrixx Live

Magnetrixx Live

Rocky Live

Doc DJ set

Miraculix Live

AKD Live

Agent-17 Live

Frechbaxx Live

Ion Live

Fatdata Live

Sensifeel Live

Cycklones Live

N.A.S.A Live

Psynthex DJset

B. Moon DJset

Aquatica Live

Cell Live

Nordlight Live

Quantize Live

Frequent Pill DJset

Domestic

X-Noize

Conwerter Live

Pause Live

Headroom Live

FlipFlop Live

AMD Live

Paratech Live

Pixel

Safi Connection

H.X.O.R

Direct Connection

I AWAKE

Terra Nine

Nova

Billys Dj set (downtempo)

Goaalex Dj set (downtempo)

Cuich Dj set (downtempo)

I. Fairy Dj set (downtempo)

Still waiting for our plane tickets and other essential things. Getting slightly concerned - if anyone knows the organisers please could you ask them to get in touch.

That doesn't sound that good..... The festival is in 9 days. :unsure:

:ph34r:

Still waiting for our plane tickets and other essential things. Getting slightly concerned - if anyone knows the organisers please could you ask them to get in touch.

Ouch, you must be kidding... This sucks :( I hope they contact you soon...!

I know Filteria and the Ultimae crew had their tickets already... so well, let's pray!

That doesn't sound that good..... The festival is in 9 days. :unsure:

:ph34r:

I'm jealous !! I hope it works out for you all. I almost bought a ticket just then forgetting about the hand brake (aka Mrs Back) :)

What an incredible ambient line up.

Party hard !!

Got a phone call from the organisers... panic over :)

I just mailed them to cut the crap and call you, otherwise I would kick their asses!

Not really, but I would do it if I knew them :D

I'm super excited about the fest... it was all we were talking about with my friends:

My friends will arrive on the 19th and set-up "the camp", I'm arriving on the night of the 21st!

It's the first festival that I'm going to "properly organised", with equipemt (tents,umbrellas, fridge ...) and a large company... most of the time I just arrive with a backpack and nothing else...

but now I'm driving (well my GF will be) and we are READY TO PARTY!!!

BEWARE OF THE COPS!