Aurora Festival

Ormion

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there are some really great names on that lineup, and it's nice to see some good friends playing.

That being said, I don't really get the 100% liveacts mindset at this festival, and let's not forget there were some pretty bad incidents from festivals in Greece in the past. The fact that it's a completely new festival, with such a big lineup, also set the warning bells ringing for me. At least once a year we have completely new festivals with killargh, almost too good to be true lineups popping up in Europe, which fail in the last minute - disappointing ticket-sales and no permission from the relevant authorities etc. resulting in artists not getting paid for flights, many artists not showing up, half-empty locations, non-working infrastructure and so on - even total cancellation of the festivals.

I am not trying to spread bad vibes or anything, just stating my view on the scene in the past, and for the artists, organizers and the people who have bought tickets I sincerely hope Aurora won't turn out to be a disappointment.

Yes, there are some really great names on that lineup, and it's nice to see some good friends playing.

That being said, I don't really get the 100% liveacts mindset at this festival, and let's not forget there were some pretty bad incidents from festivals in Greece in the past. The fact that it's a completely new festival, with such a big lineup, also set the warning bells ringing for me. At least once a year we have completely new festivals with killargh, almost too good to be true lineups popping up in Europe, which fail in the last minute - disappointing ticket-sales and no permission from the relevant authorities etc. resulting in artists not getting paid for flights, many artists not showing up, half-empty locations, non-working infrastructure and so on - even total cancellation of the festivals.

I am not trying to spread bad vibes or anything, just stating my view on the scene in the past, and for the artists, organizers and the people who have bought tickets I sincerely hope Aurora won't turn out to be a disappointment.

Actually everybody is suspicious about this festival and this is why I opened the thread.

Let's hope... :rolleyes:

I hope Detox see this thread and responds. He knows well the Greek scene and I hope he has some input on the crew behind it.

The line up is damn right insane, although we're more inclined to head for Hungary and the O.Z.O.R.A. Festival, which has twice already proved to be the place to party out.

Oh yeah, and the fact that Hungary is right above Croatia only helps, as travelling to Greece is an expense not easy to cover.

Personally I have one week of vacation, no more, and I'll go to Aurora. All the moe as Filteria is playing there.

The festival is new but organizers have already made parties in Greece. They are the http://www.psytrance.gr guys.

Personally I hope they will list tickets sales points and give more information asap, but as for the rest I'm kinda confident :)

As far as i know the Aurora crew is giving their best to make this happen.

Did you guys check the location ?? Absolutely crazy!$

Back in 2001, i had the same thoughts as some people above mention : Its really gonna happen, all the artist gonna saw up, this.. that . I bought my ticket 3 months before though.

This festival was Sola Luna 2001

epic

indeed :)

i will try to go. but i bet that again nobody will want to come with me. (we cant organise going for a drink on sat. night, how are we supposed to go to a fest? my friends are baaaad when it comes to planning holidays, especially when it is amongst hippies.. i did sola luna 01 by myself, of course i ended up camping with 20 people, etc)

if im good enough health wise for camping i will try to get a ticket and consider showing up anyhow ;)

edit: i dont know them, but somehow i trust this organising crew is legit and not scammers ;)

I've already got my ticketsfor the Pre-sale price (70 euro) and arranged my days of with work, but I'll miss the first day ( :( )........ I hope it turns out to be good!

JOSKEEEEE!!!! My GF wants to meet you, she saw the pics of us from last year in Antwerp and she says that she wants to sit and look at your eyes all day.... So now she'll get the chance!

JOSKEEEEE!!!! My GF wants to meet you, she saw the pics of us from last year in Antwerp and she says that she wants to sit and look at your eyes all day.... So now she'll get the chance!

Lol, that's a weird request :D

Anyway, it will be very nice to meet you again :) I still owe you something for the 3 kilo pistache nuts :D

Wow, those organizers must have mucho dinero with all of those big names! The location looks delicious, with the ocean right there. I have never been to such a festival, and I would wonder how safe these things are. Are people generally friendly to strangers? How would you recognize people from this board if you never met them before? I would love to hop a plane from the US and check this out. OF course, I need to be sure this festival will actually happen.

Mdk

Wow, those organizers must have mucho dinero with all of those big names! The location looks delicious, with the ocean right there. I have never been to such a festival, and I would wonder how safe these things are. Are people generally friendly to strangers? How would you recognize people from this board if you never met them before? I would love to hop a plane from the US and check this out. OF course, I need to be sure this festival will actually happen.

Mdk

It will happen,people are very friendly to strangers since Greece in the summer is full of tourists,especially in August.

And that's not the ocean,it's the Mediterranean sea so it warmer with no biggy waves,perfect for an afternoon swim.