Name ONE favorite electronic track!

buzzman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, didnt see your reply

why the rolleyes ?

Well the rolleyes would be something like "wishful thinking".

You seem to have broad and nice taste, hard techno mix would be sweet. I'm just about the check the one with the oldies...

" :rolleyes: "

:lol:

Well the rolleyes would be something like "wishful thinking".

You seem to have broad and nice taste, hard techno mix would be sweet. I'm just about the check the one with the oldies...

" :rolleyes: "

:lol:

ah k, for a split second i was thinking u were being sarcastic (with the rolleyes and stuff) :D

thanks for the compliment :)

need to make some new mixes, and there's definitely something tekno/acidcore brewing in the back of my head =)

must be Aphex Twin-Mt. Saint Michel + Saint. Michaels Mount

or another track from the Drukqs album (maybe Vordhosbn)

that cd is even 1000000 times better then my 2nd favorite cd! :blink:

sometimes i wonder if music can get better then this

I can't answer this honestly, so I'll say somthing that could be very close the truth.

The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds

+1

And Smack My Bitch Up by Prodigy.

Yeah.. I honestly don't like to think about my music this way. It changes always :unsure:

Same here, but if I had to pick one, just to partecipate to the poll, perhaps it would be

(though, I must say, there are dozen of contenders):

Aphex Twin - Xtal

opener track from "Selected Ambient Works 85-92", one of my preferred (electronic) album of all times.

B)

Same here, but if I had to pick one, just to partecipate to the poll, perhaps it would be

(though, I must say, there are dozen of contenders):

Aphex Twin - Xtal

opener track from "Selected Ambient Works 85-92", one of my preferred (electronic) album of all times.

B)

Same here :)

As for a favourite.. this is really hard to tell. My music orientation keeps evolving, it's hard to pinpoint one track of them all. But if I there's one track that was my favourite for many years, and still is among the top (out of all genres), it would have to be

Astral Projection - Trance Dance

Joey Beltram - Energy Flash

Pedro

Great choice! I reckon it was originally recorded in too slow a pace - but heh, mixers are there for a reason. :)

You mean Joey Beltram, or is that different?

Joey Beltram and John Beltran - how many times have I confused these two... :rolleyes:

Great choice! I reckon it was originally recorded in too slow a pace - but heh, mixers are there for a reason. :)

Joey Beltram and John Beltran - how many times have I confused these two... :rolleyes:

Joey is from New York, but he was putting out his stuff in Belgium - the R&S label no less. So it does sound like New Beat, which of course was created when people started slowing down the BPM of hardcore house music to create this slower, but more menacing sounding stuff (rumour was that they initially started playing 45 stuff on 33). Hence it may sound slow to us (and it is - only 122 BPM, similar to a lot of NewBeat). But at the same time, it has a lot of the feel of the trance music as well.

A revelation when I first heard it (although I loathe the "ecstasy ecstasy" bit, which is naff).

Pedro