3. Predator

4. Other Self

5. Ultima Energica

6. Time Current

7. Spirit Complex

8. Transcendent

9. Expand Consciousness

10. Light Receiver

Suntrip is known for selecting its releases carefully and amaze the dancefloors.

This time again, no compromise on quality. Christer Borge Lunde set some of the Goa Trance genre milestones, as part of the famous group Dimension5, or in more personal projects (RA, Electron Wave). With his team-mate Lars W. Lind, they offer us an enlightening story, a subtle dreamy adventure across eastern melodic ambiences. This album was 2 years in the making and artists were let as much time as needed for an exhilarating release, which explains this Suncd07 is out after Suncd10.

Right before the summer, a colorful release, contrasting with galore mainstream-unsurprising releases all around. Here is the chance to rediscover the pleasures of real melodic psytrance with modern production.

review,

We all know RA from sideprojects mentioned above and still thank him for making one of the last melodic goatrance albums back in 2001 when psychedelic trance was becoming mainstream instead of goatrance and full melodic waves faded away for many years. With this new release called the 9th, RA proves again to release a concept in a time period that we haven't seen for a long time. Although many suntrip releases and other new skool releases have been keeping the goatrance spirit alive this album is different compared to other new skool projects. Better or less is not the case. Different; because it has no modern influences at all. As far as the amazing mastering this album contains this could be perfectly released in 1997 and classified as an top notch goatrance album. The most exciting part of it, that from all "fresh goatrance" releases we heard this one is pure morning trance... The typical one layer trance (home listening experience of course) like california sunshine, dimension 5, future prophecy etc... is what you get. RA uses it's unique sound but doesn't exaggerate it or explode it... This is very subtle, wave to wave, spiral to spiral pattern. The baseline is goatrance 1998, the kick not that doff like most < 1997 releases but provides us a motivated baseline. It has been done before, of course it is, it's 100% goatrance, considering it's morning trance the level of psychedelic is lower compared to what we are used to these days. But that is just what morning trance is all about. Euphorically moments with a crystal clear sounds that remind you of the sun. You have too search the variations is small corners and directions. RA uses it's main sound all the time, I wouldn't want it to be the other way, otherwise it wouldn't be morning trance as we know it from the past. If you like the sound RA is presenting and you have no fear of travelling back in time this release will satisfy you. Repeating myself RA's newest release isn't overloaded so a second listen will follow very fast. But you have to give it some time. Listening to it once not being in the right mood can cause the effect you will experience it @ boring because the unique atmosphere won't caress your ears...

well enough said, it has been reviewed many times I notice, great job btw, if you don't like it after 5 times listen it's not you're style... but I'm sure many goatrance fans will appreciate this release each time / listen just like I did.

conclusion:

trancy, euphoria, subtle, motivating, floating and well produced...

grtz k

Hello All- I really liked the first RA release. This release is a full bodied Goa release with a passionate attention to detail. As for the fluffy sounding tracks-not everyone is against them. Dance floor pounders are very rare these days especially in the morning/psy genre. This is a versatile release made for before or after an intense musical peak when mixed by a skilled DJ. It could be worse-it could be a Skazi inspired release-lol

9/10 :posford:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, this is really one of very few new school goa trance albums i have bought and i dont regret buying it, it really feels like a CD that you dont sell if you get it, its a keeper for sure :) Transcendent track makes me forget everything around me when i listen to in my mp3 player on the bus or the train, its so damn mystic and that is really what i have missed in a lot of the other new school goa releases, khetzal also has that mystic vibe in some tracks but this one is for sure my favourite.

This is the best album I've heard so far all year by a main artist. It it was well worth the wait.

Just ordered it yesterday! - i am looking foward to it!!

I was almost at the point of writing to mars to send it to me since there wasn't any Ra 9th cd's out there.

But psyshop suddenly had some more! so now i'm waiting for it.

Soon very soon!!!

Hello everyone,

after such wonderful reviews and great response all around, I felt it was time to write a few words.

As an artist it is truly inspirational to read responses such as these.

It surely gives inspiration for continuing to make tracks when we see that the music still has such an effect on people.

I'm sure I speak for both me and Lars when I say that we feel grateful for all the kind words so far.

On a personal note I must admit I was unsure of how the scene would welcome this new album considering that me and Lars

had not worked together for some years, and that we were both coming from a more experienced and somewhat different

standpoint musically than before. Fortunately we both agreed totally on what we wanted to do and did it with conviction, not thinking

too much on what people might like or not, but rather making the next chapter and picking up where we left off with To Sirius.

Still, no matter how many tracks you have released you are still at the mercy of the public wether you like it or not, and so we

were both excited and nervous to see how this album would be perceived.

Luckily for us we have seemed to please most new school goa heads (with a few exeptions: hello there pawelek :lol: ).

As for future plans, I can mention that we are working on a 3rd album and an ambient release. Which one will be finished first

I cannot say, but more tracks are in the pipeline, and we'll just have to see how long it takes to finish up.

I can promise however you will not have to wait for another 7 or 8 years until the next release. ;)

Finally I wish to say that I hope to continue our good working relationship with Suntrip.

They have been outstanding, and I must say I have yet to encounter a more honest, hard working and ethical record label.

They are truly wonderful to work with.

Thank you Jos&Mars :clapping:

And a big thanks to all of you for listening and giving us more inspiration to continue. *bow*

Chris[RA]

This album keeps growing on me with every listen. Beutiful magic, and a bit mysterious at some points, which I find truelly amazing.

Time Current :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford:

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I listen to this album every 2 days over and over again, it is simply perfect, in my top 5 EVER, one of the best trance cds ever made, period... This is almost the definition of trance, great melodies without becoming cheesy, I love it, I adore it!

This is the first proper Suntrip release

Perhaps you are right, but don't forget Ka-sol, Filteria and Goasia, No?

I only own Ra - 9th, and this would be proper to say that it for me will always feel like this is the first proper release.

but that's just my oppinion.

This is the first proper Suntrip release

I'd say Filteria's Sky Input was a huge first impression. And Apsara can barely get more proper for a new school Goa compilation.

Naturally everyone's entitled to what they believe.

This is the strongest Suntrip Records release by a main artist since Khetzal's Corolle.

Just as V/A - Opus Iridium is Suntrip's best compilation release since V/A - Apsara.

By the way, thank you everyone who enjoyed reading my review, and for the kind words. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what the... samples are saying in this album particularly in the last track towards the end of:

T10: LIGHT RECEIVER

I can't quite make it out. :unsure:

Sounds like english, with a strong french accent.

7:00 elapsed...

There is a sample sounds like it's saying :

"I will deliver" then it fades out. LOL

This can't right can it? :lol:

Then it starts up and sounds like he says

"There is always solution" =) right?

Then after that...it says

"Always Close?" "Always cloossed" ???

And then after that...

"Always Homp" "always whole?" eh...?

and then...

"I know" or "and know" "your are not alone"

this sounds pretty clear here after those before =)

"You are not alone"

I checked the psydb but they haven't put it up yet. =/

If anyone could help decipher these samples i would be grateful =)

Superb album RA 10x thx for your beautiful work... timeless :drama:

I agree with pawelek.

Even though I listened to this 10+ times and it's a nice release, the best from Suntrip probably, I cannot remember a single track from it. Note that I think the same of To Sirius as I cannot really remember it right now even though I listened to that many times too!

The problem with this is it lacks epicness/direction. These tracks seem to pick up melodies but never take them the full way, and just float in from one melody to another. It seems like it does not build up to anything. In comparison, I think Transdimensional is near a perfect release. There is a 100% point to every track on Transdimensional and every track I can remember from hearing it the first couple times. However in this album I feel no point/direction to the tracks.

How many classics like mahadeva, lsd, goaway etc. we have these days ?

Tracks these days are just too generic. Nobody is taking a chance doing something big enough that might end up being a classic.

There are some nice melodies but they don't build / aren't coordinated.

I cannot remember a single track from it.

hi sunwolf, just because you cannot remember it, Ex. "it doesn't play in my head" doesn't mean it's not good.

i actually read today in a very interesting article about music and how we percive it..

The brain doesn't remember favorable songs, just because we think it's good.

For Sakes unknown i've had many crappy songs play in my head, yes mostly Infected Mushroom and Skazi songs such as Becoming insane and Hit n' Run.

i don't like those songs, but as simple as they are with a simple melody and a very catchy chorus,

The complexity of the song determines ther catchyness, meaning that we wont remember those really complex sounds. ie, Ra 9th which is a really complex piece of art-

I love this cd, and is currently one of my favourites.

My favourite cd's as of now:

Ra - 9th

Vibrasphere - Archipelago :wub:

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger.

Eat Static - Back To Earth :wub:

Theyre all complex songs which i listen to alot, I never grow tired of them, as those cd's has so many layers of sound. I almost rediscover new sound everytime i listen to it. "lately i've been listening alot to the diverse album "back to earth" by Eat Static. Earcandy btw.

But back to Ra - 9th,

I really enjoy listening to music with Ethnic Touches to it. I would listen to alot of Claude Challe Before i got into Goa Trance.

and now i really have a choice of listening to both. in a kind of way :P

But i feel like i have to thank somebody for making this cd, So thank you SUNTRIP for releasing this cd, I apreciate it. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

hi sunwolf, just because you cannot remember it, Ex. "it doesn't play in my head" doesn't mean it's not good.

i actually read today in a very interesting article about music and how we percive it..

For Sakes unknown i've had many crappy songs play in my head, yes mostly Infected Mushroom and Skazi songs such as Becoming insane and Hit n' Run.

i don't like those songs, but as simple as they are with a simple melody and a very catchy chorus,

The complexity of the song determines ther catchyness, meaning that we wont remember those really complex sounds. ie, Ra 9th which is a really complex piece of art-

I love this cd, and is currently one of my favourites.

My favourite cd's as of now:

Ra - 9th

Vibrasphere - Archipelago :wub:

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger.

Eat Static - Back To Earth :wub:

Theyre all complex songs which i listen to alot, I never grow tired of them, as those cd's has so many layers of sound. I almost rediscover new sound everytime i listen to it. "lately i've been listening alot to the diverse album "back to earth" by Eat Static. Earcandy btw.

But back to Ra - 9th,

I really enjoy listening to music with Ethnic Touches to it. I would listen to alot of Claude Challe Before i got into Goa Trance.

and now i really have a choice of listening to both. in a kind of way :P

But i feel like i have to thank somebody for making this cd, So thank you SUNTRIP for releasing this cd, I apreciate it. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

+1 (in a way)

and sheeeeeeiit man, sunwolf suddenly replaced the hat position! :)

What I meant was I don't remember anything good or bad about the tracks. I can't remember making any mental notes about any of the tracks. After I listen to an album a few times I usually remember the best and/or worst tracks from it amongst other things. This album I just don't remember much of anything about, which indicates it was neither something especially good nor something really crappy. All I can really remember after 10 listens is: "very powerful and high production quality, but the music doesn't go anywhere (build) or intensify. I remember there is an intro & outro and one track is called Predator, though nothing about this track. The intro had a cool sample."

To contrast, I have recently heard the Ethereal album only a couple times and I remember way more about that: "Best track is #2 (builds best & best sample use), then #3 (more atmospheric). Track 1 is a little boring, 4 is boring and 6 is slower. Nice oldschool sound, the tracks build very effectively & use samples very well, weaker tracks are in the middle (4-5) & maybe the last track. Near complete tracklisting: all systems are go (expand cons. remix), cosmic lobster, distant lights (03 mix), cosmic lobster (dreamweaver mix), don't remember, radiator, elysian fields."

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah... I found it hard to reply to this thread cause I don't really see myself as a good reviewer but this... is just perfect... I was like "wow... wtf" when I first heard it and I didn't know what to think of it BUT that's usually a good thing since most good albums/songs tend to have that effect on me and just grow and grow. I have to say that this album is just GODLY. It's just... an example of how the "newschool" goatrance should sound like.

It's also one of the few suntrip albums I will purchase :P (next to transdimensional)

my favourite track of this cd is: Expand consciousness!

the whole cd is good, & can't understand that some people say it has no soul or it's not dancing music (some ppl said that on belgian psy phorum)

but then again, the ppl who said it, don't understand the ways of trance...

so Ra like i said to you @ heron festival: keep going, you guys KNOW what trance is!!!!!

finally relistening it, wanted to do it for quite a while and finally got round to it, i don't think my review has changed, still a very good album, i even like it more i think. massive endless melodies. this is gonna such a B-I-G classic it's hardly imaginable, maybe someday people may even come to think this is what egypt was all about :P