RA - 9th

frozen dream

Very surprised at some of the responses here, I will say I agree with Jon Cocco's review. This album is minimum a 9 out of 10, and some of the best goa in the last 10 years, a benchmark to the newschool artists to show them how its done. The production is very good and original, I say this because its rather difficult to get goa to be high quality sound without loosing it, its also difficult to sound modern as well as "organic", in contrast to the fairly easy digital cheese you can pump out of reaktor or vanguard for most psytrance out there. The album sincerely is impressive, and I believe dead set on the right path. There are 3 years worth of art here.

only after the 3rd or 4th listen i understood how much this album is fantastic.

such a magical sound. its just getting better and better each listen i give it.

Transcendent is amazing, so nice to listen. also Other Self is great, im in love with it.

the intro it very weird. weird and stupid i guess. but somehow i like hearing it... maybe just to remmember how weird that voice is.

altough im not even finished listening to it, some quick thoughts.

I think its a wonderful release, perhaps a bit dull at starters, but then it gets realy good.

6 and 7 are realy blissful, complex tracks. Its been a while that a song (in this case two!) could carry me away like that just from listening to it once.

This is pure emotion and bliss running from top to bottom!

i just cant wait to listen to this album again and again, I feels very deep, complex but also superb balanced.

great job :clapping:

Just "bought" this from the internet :unsure: It sounded fantastic. I can feel this will grow on me. I'll probably listen to it in the train like I always do when an album needs to gain my full attention :lol: And when I have the money I'll buy it again :lol: Promise!

B E A U T I F U L ! ! !

I will write a review after more listens, but this is what I like to hear. The sound has evolved since the last release, but the nuances of the "old" sound are still there. Masterful production, liquid smooth delivery, and musically phrased. What else could you ask for? Sure, I liked some tracks more than others, but there isn't a poor track on this album. I just let the journey happen, and I wasn't disappointed. Thank you for blessing us with your gift!!!

i don't really like new school goa(except for khetzal) compared to old school.

but this album is tops.

have been listening to it again and again at different times in the last few days.

those crystalline psychedelic visions. and colourful petals and feathers falling.

i can imagine having emotional and blissful moments on the dancefloor, dancing to this.

Yes this album is something special indeed. I put the lights out, the headphones on, laid back in my chair and closed my eyes; the precise requirements for slipping into a sensational listening experience unique to 9th. What a wonderful feeling to be taken away through a portal to goa, a wonderful blend of sounds that at no time are unwanted, your every minds desire sated in the form of music.

You know those gum commercials where they show you this ridiculous scenario of experiencing the feeling of "what it's like to chew this gum!" Well, the previous statement is my experience of 9th in a start to finish listen akin to the commercials. An intense and overwhelmingly plush sensation of happiness. I mean, isn't that what this is all about? If you feel the connection between certain music and your being, mind you not everyone will have the same connection, that allows me to express my appreciation for the album and rate it highly.

This is one of those albums; for me. I don't even need to write a review about each individual track, because while some parts I enjoyed more, the experience was overall so pleasureable that I need not separate or differentiate the entire scope of music.

Buy the album, see if when you listen you feel and have that experience, then you too can write a resplendent review of an album that enriched your life as much as Ra, Christer, has for myself and others.

Isn't that worth $20? One of the best deals you can make in your life. BTW, thank you Alchemist HiFi, Sennheiser, Cardas, and Pro-Ject for being a major contributor to the equation.

H

but this album is tops.

have been listening to it again and again at different times in the last few days.

those crystalline psychedelic visions. and colourful petals and feathers falling.

i can imagine having emotional and blissful moments on the dancefloor, dancing to this.

well khetzal and this album are imo the most 2 albums who are like actual goatrance and not like new skool...

the pattern and kick off the baseline + atmosphere is what we we expect if been talked about goatrance 1994 - 1998

well khetzal and this album are imo the most 2 albums who are like actual goatrance and not like new skool...

the pattern and kick off the baseline + atmosphere is what we we expect if been talked about goatrance 1994 - 1998

I agree. actually I think that this RA CD is the most old school I heard for years.

Finally some real goatrance.

Congratulations! I just came home from a little party in the swedish forest, and my friend who was spinning some goa trance played a track from this album when i heard it i thought it was some old school goa track that i had not heard before... but it was the track Transcendent.. hats of! Great track.. egypthic and very balanced track it blended well in the set with the other tracks that where from the 90´s only. The bass line was exactly like the old goa basses as well :clapping: :posford:

Hi everyone! as i wrote on discogs, the album is a masterpiece, i have heard in my life a LOT of oldschool stuff and believe me there is some magical vibe to this one, i really admire a producer that despite the difficult times we are living musically speaking, managed to concentrate the essence of what used to be the music that had us dancing and dreaming. Regarding the chit chat above of being an album with no soul, i ask to the guy if he managed to find any soul in the modern produced material. To me it is impossible to find.. and if you say oldies were always better, ok i can agree but remember that these oldies are somehow magical because we all have great memories of parties, situations, atmospheres that were created because it was THE THINGh, everywhere the music played was the same and there was somehow a vibe over the world that was simply different. If theoretically right now they would play only oldschool music at every party everywhere in the world the vibe globally would change, both on the producers and on the people but this wont happen as for now for what i see. But back to the album i can say it has a balanced structure and the order of the tracks is also very well chosen, we build up to an apex of the fastest and most delirious track in the middle to get down and get more deep an mature to the tracks towards the end. So really overall, if u miss this album, you are missing a true piece of art. It will build its own history on its own, there wont be any need to speak furthermore from my side. Big respect to the artist for his work and all his dedication and a big thanks to the suntrippers for bringing us another gem :)

Hi everyone! as i wrote on discogs, the album is a masterpiece, i have heard in my life a LOT of oldschool stuff and believe me there is some magical vibe to this one, i really admire a producer that despite the difficult times we are living musically speaking, managed to concentrate the essence of what used to be the music that had us dancing and dreaming. Regarding the chit chat above of being an album with no soul, i ask to the guy if he managed to find any soul in the modern produced material. To me it is impossible to find.. and if you say oldies were always better, ok i can agree but remember that these oldies are somehow magical because we all have great memories of parties, situations, atmospheres that were created because it was THE THINGh, everywhere the music played was the same and there was somehow a vibe over the world that was simply different. If theoretically right now they would play only oldschool music at every party everywhere in the world the vibe globally would change, both on the producers and on the people but this wont happen as for now for what i see. But back to the album i can say it has a balanced structure and the order of the tracks is also very well chosen, we build up to an apex of the fastest and most delirious track in the middle to get down and get more deep an mature to the tracks towards the end. So really overall, if u miss this album, you are missing a true piece of art. It will build its own history on its own, there wont be any need to speak furthermore from my side. Big respect to the artist for his work and all his dedication and a big thanks to the suntrippers for bringing us another gem :)

sorry dude, can't agree, this has soul! electronic music has a soul, but maybe some electronic has less or no soul, could be...i see in this an artists soul, working 3 years on this, i think it is a bit arrogant to say this has no soul because its just electronic music??!! this album is pure emotion, it touches me as hard as deep old skool jazz or nice classical music of Mozart or piano music of Ravel!!!

this album is deep, melodic and well composed, so that's soul, it's music, it's made by humans, it has a soul to me! but we must disagree on something i guess, the rest of your review sounds like no different from my opinion!

this is my cd of the year, the last years, one of the best cd's in my collection, feel free to browse it on discogs, there are a lot of cd's, and well, this is one of the best!!! just saying it, i like this extremely much!!!! just trying to make my point stronger, nothing more :)

Damn you... why do you all mog me for Not-having Ra 9th?

It's a conspiracy i tell ya!

Those post just makes my craving towards that album even bigger, i wish there was some cd shop in Copenhagen that had it.

but so far it seems that psyshop are the only ones selling it.

But soon i will have it!!

as soon as i gain a hold of my brothers visa!

happyhorse.. you were answering to me? i said the cd HAS a soul.. not the opposite.. i said that in many new cds there is no soul but not in this one.. or maybe u just quoted me to answer to the other dude.?? otherwise i have to review my post if it seems i wrote something else..

happyhorse.. you were answering to me? i said the cd HAS a soul.. not the opposite.. i said that in many new cds there is no soul but not in this one.. or maybe u just quoted me to answer to the other dude.?? otherwise i have to review my post if it seems i wrote something else..

I think it was this line that you wrote

Regarding the chit chat above of being an album with no soul, i ask to the guy if he managed to find any soul in the modern produced material. To me it is impossible to find..

which sounds like you accept that this album has no soul because no modern music does, or could have been misconstrued as that. For me all Ra's music is full of soul. Some people can't imagine that electronic music can have soul & I think that happyhorse has mistaken you for one :ph34r:

I think it was this line that you wrote

which sounds like you accept that this album has no soul because no modern music does, or could have been misconstrued as that. For me all Ra's music is full of soul. Some people can't imagine that electronic music can have soul & I think that happyhorse has mistaken you for one :ph34r:

ah yes. you are right, that is badly written. what i wanted to say was: if he managed to find in modern produced discs of other genres, like the general mainstream psytrance released, or the full on stuff, som.e soul. that to me is hard to find and i was mentioning that this one and several others goatrance releases produced now have a soul. my apology for my terrible english :) but it would have been non coherent with my whole post the idea of no soul in ra, no? well anyway, the album is just wonderfoul! i heard it like 15 times already and works very well.. starting to love very much the final track.. so deep and enchanting

Really well said, Fede!

You took out words from my mouth...

Let's have a great summer with this new great album and get some memories to tell about it in years...

Thanx Suntrip :D

Cheers

Guest Cosmogenesis

It’s been some months that I disappeared totally from this forum and from other net places, and I failed to my promise to not comeback. But I received the “9th” a week ago and I absolutely wanted to leave a comment there, especially because I noticed some very unfair critics about this unbelievable release on the review section…

I’ll try to be short: for me, - and without exaggeration -, this is the BEST GOA ALBUM OF THE DECADE!! And you will tell me why? It’s been some years that such deep & “authentic” spiritual sounds didn’t cross my ears. Last great albums I heard were probably “Corolle” of Khetzal, “Anima Mundi” of Ethereal and the unfortunate “Earth Crossing” album from Chi-a.d. back in 2002. I don’t forget of course the Blue Moon releases of RA & D5 which came as a benediction back in 2000 when 90% of the psy scene played minimal or “non-sense” music.

Don’t misunderstand me: that doesn’t mean that quality goa music is a rarity today : of course, there is plenty of good goa songs nowadays, talented artists exist, but I can’t remember a recent single track among all of them that had this rare power to touch me so much emotionally like “Transcendent” and “Other Self” did. I literarily felt from my chair, speechless, while I give them the first listening, and I had to listen them 3-4 times in a row to believe it!! I don’t like comparison because they are not so objective but, for example, I love Khetzal album, it was a very beautiful and creative artpiece, perfectly produced and well inspired, but we definitely reach another dimension with RA. As a return to the source, their tracks transcend me (that’s the primitive goal & meaning of “trance”, isn’t it ?), I get shivers while listening to them, because they contain this direct physical effect (heritage of the 90’s) that can transport you out there, to other states of consciousness. I’m sad to say, even as former manager, that I rarely felt such feeling during the past years, even if I had the opportunity to hear lot of good goa tracks. Now, stating that RA has “no soul” as some guys told it in the review section is strictly a pleonasm, because if RA music isn’t spiritual, therefore I’m afraid that today spiritual goa music is almost nonexistent, to not say in complete dying out.

This album will stay easily in my stereo for some years, as I’m still listening and learning from “To Sirius” since 2002. The great thing with RA music is that there is always something to explore after each listening and I never get bored to listen to it again and again, because it’s the result of years of work that can’t pass unnoticed.

After “9th”, nothing else can impress me more now. I’ll be back on this forum for his next album (RA promised to not let us “to be alone” at the end of “9th”, and we definitely need more music from them), or when the 3rd album of Dimension 5 (“Transdimensional 2” or “Third Phaze”, whatever his future name) will be released under Suntrip Records. I’m confident that Fabien & Jos will make this other dream a reality, as they never failed to satisfy

all of us, our goa community. Be very grateful towards them that we can listen to a such beautiful spiritual goa album in 2008!

BIG BIG THANKS AND FULL OF RESPECT FOR SUNTRIP & RA!!

P.S.: I’m translating in English a review I wrote a week ago with my friend Infected_Goa and will post it there later. :)

but this album is tops.

I totally agree, this and Khetzal are the only modern goa I've heard that really "stood out" as being great and taking me into that special trippy world. Not only are the tracks amazing, but it's a whole album full of them :posford:

I've only listened to it a few times so far, but it's one of the best goa albums I've ever heard (new or old), and I agree with Cosmogenesis about it being the best of the last decade (along with Corolle :))

Exceleeent........... albumb especially TIME CURRENT is absolutely amazing track , each song takes u into a journey of dreams and imagination and

uplifts ur mooood totally Only Ra.. Has d ablity to take the litsner along with him on a journey of sound waves imo.

Track time current is as beutiful as "Deep space 5d "

Absolutely amazin albumb

this is how goa trance should be. deep , uplifting , hypnotic , happy , slightly melancholic and totally mesmerizing. the downtempo tracks are probably the best ive heard in the last year or so. definitely a contender for the best album of the year(all genres). i'll try and write a review soon coz i havent decided which ones are my favourite. damn each and every track frikin rocks. :)

im a fan! :D