2. Alitheia Skotadi (160 bpm)

3. Exotic Souvenir (162 bpm)

4. Iron Tag (162 bpm)

5. Kore BTK (164 bpm)

6. ACAB 2 (feat. Darkshire) (168 bpm)

7. Quantize (170 bpm)

8. Puzzle Fussion (170 bpm)

9. Powered Psidm (190 bpm)

This is the second Furious album, made by Nikolay Golutvin from Russia. His previous album can be considered as morning dark psy, excellent music to play around sunrise after a night of heavy dark psytrance. This album is way more intense as you can guess by seeing the bpm's. Most of the time I dont like this überhigh bpm's, but if you know Furious from his previous work and the excellent track 'Some Ossf Psidm' on VA - Nritya Shastra you know you can't let this one pass!

Let's review this track by track

01 Furious - NIshtyak (154 bpm)

This track starts already at a high bpm, but the intensity is building up.. the bassline starts pretty lowpassed and subby but at a sudden moment it becomes very tight like a motor engine. the details are all over the place and the atmosphere and drive is just amazing. Great screechy leads make this track very danceable and when you just think you had it all, he makes it more intense! Amazing track!!

02 Furious - Alitheia Skotadi (160 bpm)

Here we are getting already at 160 bpm. This track starts of in an sort of breakbeat rythm. This track is a bit more calm then the previous one. It has some great formant melodies who sound like old hux flux (bring your own bios).. The end is getting very intense again, with the typical russian lead which tears everything to peaces. Great Track.

03 Furious - Exotic Souvenir (162 bpm)

Exotic Souvenir is getting pretty intense again. Darker atmosphere with liquid sounds and multilayerd leads. Personally not my favorite track but still very nice.

04 Furious - Iron Tag (162 bpm)

This track has a short intro and an amazing bassline gets in together with a palet of 3d sounds. this track has it all: perfect bassline, very high psychedelic level, great drive, orginal sounds, great buildup, ... At 3 minutes we get a great climax, and at 3min 40 it is getting sooooo amazing. All those excellent sounds drive me mad because I don't know which one i should listen too! And it just keeps going at the maximum psychedelic level! Outstanding Track, maybe the best dark psy track ever :ph34r:

05 Furious - Kore Btk (164 bpm)

I know that Furious has a track named "Btk", but I'm not sure if this is a remix or not. Very colorful atmosphere with liquid sounds who sound like they were made with real water! At 4 minutes we get a nice part some catchy melodies and a funky bassline. At 5 minutes again a very nice highpassed russian lead. Again an amazing track!

06 Furious ft. Darkshire - Acab (168 bpm)

I don't really know Darkshire but he also has a track with him called Fovos Entromos which is pretty nice. Acab means all cops are bastards in case you dind't know. It starts of with a soft bassline, but at a sudden moments a new bassline falls in which gives a very overwhelming effect because of the contrast with the previouis bassline. This is an atmospheric track with some nice tribal percussion. Again very intense. Great Track

07 Furious - Quantize (170 bpm)

This track is getting very fast and is one of the more chaotic and crazy ones. Very nice rhythms and again so much sounds which makes it hard to follow. Very good track!

08 Furious - Puzzle Fussion (170 bpm)

Puzzle Fussion is getting into darker regions again. Lots a russian trademark leads again. Very intense again and very psychedelic. The bassline and leads are so psycho, it's like a madman on speed. Great Track

09 Furious - Powered Psidm (190 bpm)

On Va - Nritya Shastra he released a song which is called "Some Ossf Psidm", this one is in the same style but only 20(!!) bpms faster. Apart from Osom - Night Flirt I have never heard a very good track at this speed in psytrance. Well this one starts of very intense and glitchy. It keeps getting very very intense and overwhelming. For my taste it is just a bit too intense for listening except if you are in the right mood, but for being 190 bpm trance this is a masterpiece! Good track

So overall this album is a very intense one and maybe a bit too intense too listen it from 1 to 9, but this sure is top 3 dark psy albums ever and for sure the most original one in ages. this is what should be referred to as PSYCHEDELIC DANCE MUSIC. Don't be narrowminded on the bpm's because Furious proves that it is perfectly possible to make perfect tracks in this range.

Favorites: ALL but especially 1,4(!!) and 5

Yeah, this is top quality stuff. And the high bpm doesnt bother me, like it does on some of the fast braindead tracks from noisepoison rec. for example.. This is true dark psy on speed.. You gotta love it if your into darkpsy in general!

Great album and one of the best of '07 for sure :posford:

the best. ;)

awesome tripping material. sends me straight to hyperspace B)

Yeah, this is top quality stuff. And the high bpm doesnt bother me, like it does on some of the fast braindead tracks from noisepoison rec. for example..

Same here but Furious is not random at all and no annoying breaks every 30 secs :P

Yeah, this is top quality stuff. And the high bpm doesnt bother me, like it does on some of the fast braindead tracks from noisepoison rec. for example.. This is true dark psy on speed.. You gotta love it if your into darkpsy in general!

SPEEDALICIOUS!!!!! :posford: 10/10 for my style great dark psy

This album is a masterpiece of the genre. I don't know if there's something that could fit better to the name "darkpsy" than this album. Extremely tight production, serious approach and absolute breakthrough in the dark psychedelic trance genre.

• 2 weeks later...

indeed nice release, and very high bpm what mostly bothers me, but here not because of the good production,

I still prefer their debut album, a bit slower,

but furious is very good dark psytrance.

good work

• 8 months later...