just got the new pendulum album

technosomy

any good recent breaks you can recommend?

i havent bought any new breakbeat for a while actually. the plumps are still producing wicked stuff as always, also be sure to check hybrid if you havent already (my all time favourite breakbeat group and one of my all time favourite electronica acts)

also have a look through some of the artists on the glade festival´s breaksday line up. they always have lots of new and interesting artists playing there

Pendulum stuff is pretty reasonable, but the best stuff out there that comes to mind is Ed Rush's stuff, and LTJ Bukem (neuro and liquid funk, good stuff ;) ).

Pendulum: the Infected Mushroom of drum 'n bass.

+1

Im so UNBELIEVEABLY pissed that glade festival, the festival that claims to be the UK representative of all things underground and electronic (and up until this year has proved to be so) has booked them as their headlining act this year :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

What to say? Hold Your Colour was better, new album has a rock feel.

To much vocals and not enough harder style tracks like Slam & Through The Loop.

The Upbeats - Nobody's Out There, check them out. Guys from New Zealand, really good CD.

Im up for Breakbeats too, CTRL-Z, Screwface, Autobots, Breakfastaz, Agent K, Broadbeats, Equalizers Factor E.

The first time I heard slam in a club I thought "cheese" yet found myself going mental anyway, and I liked the first album for that same reason: Lots of energy and something a bit different and more melodic than most dnb.

Second album got deleted after 2 listens. A lot of male vocals which isn't my thing but there's nothing wrong with going in a different direction. However, that direction seems no different to me than all the dance music I hear - vocals, beat, repeat - it all sounds the same. Really disappointing.

Of course this comes from someone who doesn't listen to a lot of dnb so perhaps others saw the first album differently to me. If I listen to dnb it's normally more "chilled" stuff like Seba, Ethereal77 etc.

At the moment I like "Stay Forever" by Blame.