3. Firsthand experience

4. Frontiers

5. Far Away

6. Lost in velocity

7. On the road (vs. Alpha)

8. Evolving Moods

9. Prototype (Album Edit)

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dac/dac1cd006.html

Ephedrix are Jochem Peeters and Joris Marckx from Belgium.

They have been producing and performing for many years, but now the time has come to present their long awaited debut full album. 'Far Away' is all about looking beyond the sky, expanding boundaries and borders, seeking for the unknown. Their unique melodic style is bound to bring fresh energy and enjoyment to your homes and the dancefloor. Psytrance with uplifting melodies, groovy percussion, crystal clear bass lines and a pumping sound, a mesmerizing experience for body and mind!

Add tasty design and an airtight mastering by Silicon Sound and this album stands for the continuing effort at Dacru records to bring you only quality releases.

review:

The concept you can expect here is morning fullon not only as a category, but it is actual morning fullon, floating from one melody to another ephedrix takes you on an trip of traveling sounds where the sky is not the limit but just a phase of euphoria...

their sound and baseline is nothing new imo, we have heard this types off patterns before

considering baselines and melodies but again they prove the difference between having the gear and actual knowing what to do with it. They managed pretty good for a debut

album... This kind of fullon was the first fullon that created the typical dancefloor killer

style like atomic pulse, Delirious, astrix and etc... after a while most listeners became bored with the non variated baselines and the 6 min waiting for one climax a track... a second generation of artist perfection zed their sound and made it clear that with one main sound you can create variated morning fullon if you put enough effort in it. Artist like audiotec and vibe tribe were able to create such albums and more followed. Ephedrix is one of them... A good combination of samples with a major melodic sound that can fade away and

caress your ear but 2 mins later explode into a vast wave and bliss.

Mostly I have favorite parts when it comes to such a releases, remembering reviewing vibe tribe I had the same with their second release. Some elements are always present, long announcement for climaxes or upcoming waves, no actual surprise but you can count on the entire release. Ephedrix created their own sound in the beginning of the tracks, the advancements, reminds me a bit of some earlier rastaliens work. It fits and influences the psychedelic level of this release what is often low when it comes to morning fullon. The baselines are variated within the concept of morning fulllon baselines. The kick is often crystal clear with a more soft bass and ephedrix tries to keep it as variated as possible imo.

The first track is one of my favorite, it has the typical revelation sound power, that

becomes stronger. Consequence is that atmosphere is highly influenced in a positive way.

In the second track I prefer a part in the advancement where one wave floats strong and non dependent from the baseline what is normally not the way it's done in this kind of morning fullon.

Third track just has a very good melody, who we experience in different ways that speaks to

the mind, that's it, but it doesn't have to be more, you can count on it...

very nice...

Fourth track just like the third, Ephedrix are becoming on of the masters of melodies and this track is pure evidence...

In far away, the track contains more trance sounds, but you see it coming in previous tracks,

it's good, lower psychedelic level but atmosphere perfect, some infected mushroom (not for

long) but fits perfectly...

Lost in velocity has the same intelligence level like the first track, the power & strength

combined with good melodies and different sounds.

On the road has a great intro, well done, nice to start a morning fullon set, the baseline

doesn't accept no for an answer Posted Image

Evolving moods is a good track, more subtle way of using their sound, less overloaded

compared to the others and I like that.

Prototype is a goodbye song, pure melody, the baselines goes along with melodies, surfing on

the waves of sound, again they prove to be genius when it comes to melodies. I recognize a

silicon sound sample from the track "the shell" and fits good...

conclusion:

to keep it short, if you are in a good mood, and you like strong fullon that is perfect for

10u in the morning when the sun is coming @ it's highest peak, this will be yours, no doubt

about it...

grtz k

Great stuff from Dacru records.

However let me just express a little something i felt as i first heard the CD.

Track one doesn't have Astral in there for no reason. Play it, then listen to Astral Projection - Mahadeva.

Overall great stuff!

• 1 month later...

The haters have more posts than the lovers. So I shall say I love this album.

Its nice, something that can fit into any of my moods of hyping up or relaxing, which is what musics about.

It almost seems to be a blend of morning trance with full-on. Full-on style but more relaxed?

• 5 months later...

I'm surprised this one isn't getting more love. 2008 has been a banner year for the morning fullon style. While I prefer Artelligent, Deeper Into Man and Out Of This World to Far Away, it's still very impressive for a debut!

If you like the style, def. give this a try.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...