What are these backdrops worth?

blasphemy

Hello to you.

I have two backdrops i want to sell, but i want some feedback of what would be a reasonable price for them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The second is a 100% handpainted wich i found in Goa. Its made for outdoor use and can stand some bad weather, thick fabric & good colors. Dimensions 1 x 2 meters (3.2 x 6.5 feet)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its also UV colors, but in more shades of UV. Also the picture is a little dark, it glows good under UVlight.

I have the top one, it's from spacetribe (i think it's still on sale on their website).

the second is quite nice...

I don't really know how much they're worth but depending where you are i might be interested.

20-25 euros would be ok for the first one, since its a print. But i never knew it was a spacetribe? It says "Moon Walkers Bali" on it. Could not find it on the spacetribes website either. Imho this backdrop is of higher quality both design & qualitywise then the spacetribe stuff ive seen.

The other one i would never sell for 25 euro since its a piece of artwork (Handpainted directly unto the fabric) and not a copy. Id at least have to triple that price to consider selling it. Maybe i should just put these up for sale and let people give me some offers. If to low i just keep it.

The other one i would never sell for 25 euro since its a piece of artwork (Handpainted directly unto the fabric) and not a copy. Id at least have to triple that price to consider selling it. Maybe i should just put these up for sale and let people give me some offers. If to low i just keep it.

I like the second one, what would be your price without sending cost ?

The second one is quite beautiful.

25 Euro is really too low for it (I'd immediately take it at that price though :P ), considering it's handpainted...

yep it's all a question of the artwork being an original or a print. Same goes for any artwork: a print of a famous Van Gogh painting can easily be found for 20€ but an original can be worth millions ;)

OK this ain't no Van Gogh but it might still be worth 500€ or more if it's an original I guess it all depends on how much someone who likes it is ready to spend.

OK this ain't no Van Gogh but it might still be worth 500€ or more if it's an original I guess it all depends on how much someone who likes it is ready to spend.

500 euro,

you have to be joking right ?

come one, it's handmade,

but how much did the buyer pay for it,

I'm not expecting 450 euros ;)

that's a variable you have to consider too imo !

500 euro,

you have to be joking right ?

come one, it's handmade,

but how much did the buyer pay for it,

I'm not expecting 450 euros ;)

that's a variable you have to consider too imo !

that's why I said

I guess it all depends on how much someone who likes it is ready to spend.

. Same goes for an old album: some people will say "Do you REALLY expect someone to pay MORE for a 15 year-old record than what it worth when it was released?" and yet others will say "OMG!!! Only 50 euros for this priceless rarity, it's a bargain!!". It's all a question of offer and demand. As long as you have people ready to put the money on the table you'll have high prices. And believe me, nothing is this world has more variable pricing than artwork.

that's why I said . Same goes for an old album: some people will say "Do you REALLY expect someone to pay MORE for a 15 year-old record than what it worth when it was released?" and yet others will say "OMG!!! Only 50 euros for this priceless rarity, it's a bargain!!". It's all a question of offer and demand. As long as you have people ready to put the money on the table you'll have high prices. And believe me, nothing is this world has more variable pricing than artwork.

true but there are some ethical ways of question and demand,

it doesn't give you the right to explode people (nothing to do with topic starter don't get me wrong ;) )

that was the main point I was trying to express...

true but there are some ethical ways of question and demand,

it doesn't give you the right to explode people (nothing to do with topic starter don't get me wrong ;) )

that was the main point I was trying to express...

again I say it's all a matter of offer and demand... personally I'd rather spend 1000 euros for that backdrop rather than spend a few hundred thousand dollars on this:

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...