Melodies that sound like things... sort of?

Riton

Hey,

I just been playing the Sunhize album on repeat... and each time i hear track 5 Simplicity, i can't help but hear someone brushing their teeth (if you pay attention to it, even if you don't hear it like me, you can't miss it). It's this screechy noise and to me it's unmistakable!

Can you think of any other examples or am i just a crackhead?

Cheers!

Dav

Hey,

I just been playing the Sunhize album on repeat... and each time i hear track 5 Simplicity, i can't help but hear someone brushing their teeth (if you pay attention to it, even if you don't hear it like me, you can't miss it). It's this screechy noise and to me it's unmistakable!

Can you think of any other examples or am i just a crackhead?

Cheers!

Dav

Yes, I think you're off your rocker. When I hear screechy sounds, I don't associate them with brushing teeth.

Nobody got that album cept for you

hoooww!!! i just couldn't stand without replying!!!

no it's not a 'brushing teeth' sample! it's a hats and percussions loop with distortion phaser and and some reversed slices... but it reminds that too!

and pavel, thanx for being so kind with my work :)

but i want to inform that i have already given away about 10 cds!!! not just one...

my mother got one, my father too, as well as my brother, two were gifts from me to my two girlfriends (you know, one is never enough!), definetely one has side liner (manager of cosmicleaf and unicorn music), 2 for my friends and producers eniak and aviron, one is on lying next to my pc and last but not least, Riton claims to have the tenth! :D

and believe me, i'm more than happy and proud about my album than you would ever imagine :)

since it's ok for me, i don't care about anyone else. that's my point since i don't need music to live and i just do it for my pleasure :)

I understand exactly where you're coming from.

HH - Planetary from Tiesto's Magik 2: Story of the Fall album sounds like being high on Ecstasy.

Don't ask me to explain because I can't, but from the first time I ever heard this track it simply was like being high on Ecstasy, and it has nothing to do with buildups, breakdowns or any kind of flashback experience such as euphoria. The closest thing I can say is that there is an driving acid line through the track that simply cannot be described any other way than taking E.

lol i have no clue wtf is going on here anymore.

i hear a dude brushing his teeth. that's it :) nothing bad!

also about the CD, if you wanna send me a real copy, id be very proud! However, as a broke-ass college student, i resort to thieving... and im somewhat sorry :)

however i organize trance parties and spend a lot of money in the scene so yeah...

b00mz

That off-beat *ding* sound every eight bars (I think) in V.T.O.L. reminds me someone hitting a pot with a wooden spoon.

VTOL? am i being high and stupid but i got no clue what ur referring to lol

VTOL? am i being high and stupid but i got no clue what ur referring to lol

Technossomy - V.T.O.L. ;)

Check that track, it is brilliant piece of psychedelic artistry. :D