Psytrance like Infected Mushroom

Flaringo

Hi, I discovered Infected Mushroom maybe 3 weeks ago, and I've barely been listening to anything else since then! So, I'm kind of getting a liiiittle tired of IM, so I'm looking for something else. I tried a few ones like Shpongle, Vibraspehere, Skazi, but none of them seemed to be (excuse me for using this term) as catchy as IM, so I'm looking here for recommendations.

Thank you very much in advance! :)

What IM stuff do you like? Their recent poppy stuff like IM the Supervisor and Vicious Delicious or their old trancey stuff like The Gathering and Classical Mushroom?

Let's see, I'll just mention a few songs. I think I like their newest stuff the most, but I think I like their old stuff as well. Anyways:

I like:

Gamma Goblins (+)

Power of Celtics (+)

S is Here

Semi Nice (+)

Shakawkaw

I wish

Blink

Converting Vegetarians

Stretched

Cities of the Future

Suliman (+)

Illuminoughty (+)

Symphonatic (++)

Drop Out

Becoming Insane (+)

Vicious Delicious

Heavyweight (+++)

Forgive me

Change the formality (+)

I actually like all their stuff, but I've mentioned the ones I like the most, and put plusses after the ones I like more. Hope this helps! :)

Thank you all for helping!

I'm not that keen on most of the tracks you mention (at least those I know), so these should be taken as guesses as to what you might like rather than recommendations:

For something similar to "the other side" of CV you might check out this by Michele Adamson, the singer on Illuminaughty, or this by J. Viewz, which features the original version of Muse Breaks.

For something similar to the guitar-heavy stuff on on IM the Supervisor you might like this.

If you go for the whole Israeli vocal trance thing you might just like this. But if so then don't admit to it in public ;)

Hi, I discovered Infected Mushroom maybe 3 weeks ago, and I've barely been listening to anything else since then! So, I'm kind of getting a liiiittle tired of IM, so I'm looking for something else. I tried a few ones like Shpongle, Vibraspehere, Skazi, but none of them seemed to be (excuse me for using this term) as catchy as IM, so I'm looking here for recommendations.

This isn't a joke no? :unsure: Skazi? IM? I think you can find some better stuff my friend :)

But the tracks you mentioned is quite different.. From gamma goblings to becoming insane.. Thats oldschool in one end and pop shit in the other... Some you mentioned is fullon as well..

Does it have to be similar to those?

Caus im listening to Artifakt-the magus and i most say it is pretty KILLARGH! Think you will like it :)

This isn't a joke, no. :) I'm a pretty big metal fan, and I used to think all electronic music was crap, but damn, was I wrong!

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look for some samples.

EDIT: Wow, I am really tired. Looks like my brain's not functioning properly. What I was trying to say here, is that I'm pretty new to the genre!

If you like guitars you might as well check some recent SUN Project, Johann Bley and... try perhaps Cosmic Experience by Electric Universe (not much guitars but interesting full on).

I don't really have other things to recommend, this is not really what I like in psy :)

This isn't a joke, no. :) I'm a pretty big metal fan, and I used to think all electronic music was crap, but damn, was I wrong!

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look for some samples.

EDIT: Wow, I am really tired. Looks like my brain's not functioning properly. What I was trying to say here, is that I'm pretty new to the genre!

Don't be sad, my brain is not working proberly either.. But theres a different reason for that ;)

Try Tube-personality it's pretty filled with metal like guitars, in a good way of course!

hmmm... Otherwise im not really into electric guitars in psychedelic..

Edit: OH YEAH, maybe this will please you : Electic universe-burning

infected mushroom is pretty unique... but here are a few things u can try out

try x-dream ("older stuff like radio album", "we created our own happiness" album)

hallucinogen (2 albums out they are both really good)

some cat on mushroom tracks (space cat and infected mushroom).. best one is "the fly" imo...(its on space mantra compilation)

try the shiva shidapu album (has power of celtic remix)... it was one half of infected before they did the first album...

try pleiadians (both albums)...

etnica - vibra (album)

try those and let me know what u like/don't like... i can go through more stuff when i get home...

Tube and Electric Universe seem promising, thank you!

Ahh, so many recommendations, I'll sit down tonight and find some albums and listen to some samples! Again, thank you all very much for helping me, I really appreciate it! :)

you've been listening for a mere 3 weeks & you're already tired of them? <_<

try one of t h e s e btw ;)

Tube and Electric Universe seem promising, thank you!

Ahh, so many recommendations, I'll sit down tonight and find some albums and listen to some samples! Again, thank you all very much for helping me, I really appreciate it! :)

No problem champ ;)

Maybe it's to wierd, but try Penta! Penta-horn please is my favorute.. Lot of people don't like it here, so maybe it's a far out try, but my brother whos normally into heavy metal as well was very pleased about it.. Not that it have guitars or anything, but the agressiveness and atmospheres can be a little similar maybe :)

Ohh yeah... Xenomorph-Demagoguery of the obscurants TRY IT!!! metal atmospheres!!!!

If we're turning this into a general psytrance recommendation thread rather than just a similar-to-IM thread,

I was just wondering about it, since I personally try to make recommendations which sound "similar" but I also try to give some names of things that are a bit different, just to try and broaden things.

Do you think it is a right approach? Sorry to hijack Flaringo.

if i like metal check sun project as someone said earlier... check the older albums..

then check for sure : dark soho - depth of emotion

i played that track for someone who loved metal but never heard trance and he loved it....

it's on the first album called sunspot...

strange to see nobody mentioned

TALPA

and also Principles Of Flight has some nice infected influences...

I was just wondering about it, since I personally try to make recommendations which sound "similar" but I also try to give some names of things that are a bit different, just to try and broaden things.

Do you think it is a right approach? Sorry to hijack Flaringo.

true but maybe better categorize the ones who are more broaden things and the actual IM similar to get a better well-organized survey

for the topic starter...

If we're turning this into a general psytrance recommendation thread rather than just a similar-to-IM thread, then I wholeheartedly recommend that Flaringo buy this and this. And this. And this.

I dont know anything similar to IM... So its kinda hard.. I gave him recommendations after hes love for metal! Tracks with guitars and metal atmospheres... The best i could do... And he liked my recommendations so thats cool for me :)