Minilogue - Animals

Nurbs

I have been listening to an advance promo copy for a fair few weeks already, and I can tell you I really enjoy the album a whole lot.

The first CD is loaded with klik-klak / plink-plonk minimalistic groove all over the place, and it sure as hell portrays some amazing skill; the music moves, it is thought provoking and thoroughly enjoyable.

The second CD, on a whole personal level, does not strike me as much, but it's a fantastic CD per se nonetheless. The tracks flow into each other with seemless smoothness and make it an all around great release. Well worth your time and money.

If you have enjoyed virtually anything Coccoon has released during the past two years, and if releases like False's "2007" and V/A "Nothing Much And Something More" did it for you, you'd better grab hold of "Animals" a.s.a.p.

Enjoy!

So why did you gave it 5/5? :blink:

I guess I didn't have to since I will remember this one among the bunch of cds I'm going to buy.

But often I find I've put something on my want list and I can't remember why and when. By grading wants I can differentiate between the albums i, well, want :)

I know from one perspective it may fuck up the grading on discogs. But, honestly, can you use them anyway :huh:

I mean except for your own gradings?

On topic: I am really looking forward to hearing this :)

Off topic: Good to see you here again, Artur! :)

Guest antic

I guess I didn't have to since I will remember this one among the bunch of cds I'm going to buy.

But often I find I've put something on my want list and I can't remember why and when. By grading wants I can differentiate between the albums i, well, want :)

I know from one perspective it may fuck up the grading on discogs. But, honestly, can you use them anyway :huh:

I mean except for your own gradings?

On topic: I am really looking forward to hearing this :)

That's what I thought :)

Off topic: Good to see you here again, Artur! :)

Thanks Mike. I'm always here, but lately I'm more of a reader than writer, due to limited free time thanks to demanding job & two kids :)

Does anyone know where I can buy this? I want it :clapping:

I mean, it's Coccoon Records, the guys have world wide distribution. Their releases are available, like, everywhere. No joke.

If a shitty ass local neighborhood in Zagreb has it, any given darn store in Europe is bound to have it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love this whole album. Minilogue aka Son Kite show us once more that their musical skills are not as limited as other artists out there. Open thinking, new minimal meldodious stompy stomp trance :)