Sundance Records

Basilisk

Sundance made a huge splash with the original Vibraspirit compilation and Talpa's debut album The Art Of Being Non. Since then I haven't heard too much about them (although they have continued to release all sorts of new material). What do you all think of their newer releases, or what oldies might be worth another listen?

Here is the current Sundance Records discography:

[sUNDCD023] Various - Vibraspirit 23

[sUNDCD024] Various - SunDaze

[sUNDCD025] Talpa - The Art Of Being Non

[sUNDCD026] Various - Vibraspirit 11

[sUNDCD027] Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception

[sUNDCD028] Various - Vibraspirit Vol. 23.11

[sUNDCD029] Planum - Elaborate

[sUNDCD030] Various - Vibraspirit 11.23

[sUNDCD031] ITP - Lose Your Illusion

[sUNDCD032] Planum - Spying Imagination

[sUNDCD033] Various - Vibraspirit 23.23

[sUNDCD034] RAZ - Twisted Fairytale

[sUNDCD023] Various - Vibraspirit 23

[sUNDCD024] Various - SunDaze

[sUNDCD025] Talpa - The Art Of Being Non

[sUNDCD027] Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception

I all liked alot, the newer ones were generic melodic full on that did not catch my attention too much

ITP - Lose your illusion was the pick of the year...not the regular fullon...the album is a great debut IMO..Guatemala, Knul Hfaf Bash, Advertisment tracks stand out ... Raz's album isnt that bad either.

The first Planum album and also the Nystagmus album belong to the best releases in the last few years imho. Very inovative and special for my taste. Talpa is ok but so far it didn't move me as much as the other stuff. I also own the first Vibraspirit comp, also very nice. New Planum was not that mindblowing anymore and I haven't heard the newer releases.

• 11 years later...

:)

http://sundancerecords.bandcamp.com

Yes it is still availible, and all tracks / releases are now free. I almost went ahead and bought all of their releases but stopped when i listened to them all.. Well many of thrm. A lot of not so good stuff, and a lot of gems. Which releases by Sundance Records is a MUST HAVE? Talpa, Nystagumus, any VAs? Write your list of recomendations from this label! 

http://sundancerecords.bandcamp.com

:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Redo said:

Other than the ones mentioned, Terrafractyl is pretty good.

Thanks. I bought it. I bought now 7 releases off of them (Sundance rec.), some I already have on CD, but yeah when in Rome .. 

I still deeply regret selling my Talpa CDs some years ago, this will be a good chance to get them back. I'm still oldschool in that I'd like to have the CDs, but with prices ranging from 100€ to 500€ on Discogs, that's not even an option.

I skipped to buy Talpa's "When the Somber..." album because when trying to listen to it i find myself skipping all the tracks, which is annoying and not worth my money/space. I know his debut album is amazing 'cause i bought it back when it was released. But after it I totally fell off the Talpa waggon with his 2nd album etc. and never checked out his Suntrip Records LP release either. I did however yesterday buy his The Path album 'cause I found myself not skipping tracks. . 

7 hours ago, psytones said:

I skipped to buy Talpa's "When the Somber..." album because when trying to listen to it i find myself skipping all the tracks, which is annoying and not worth my money/space. I know his debut album is amazing 'cause i bought it back when it was released. But after it I totally fell off the Talpa waggon with his 2nd album etc. and never checked out his Suntrip Records LP release either. I did however yesterday buy his The Path album 'cause I found myself not skipping tracks. . 

I agree, there are a lot of skippable tracks on "When the Somber.." but the two tracks that are good makes it worth it IMO. 1 to 3 good tracks per album is pretty standard I think. The problem with the bad tracks on this album is that they sound a bit like someone released a cat on the midi piano in some parts. :D It gets hectically random at times with the melody programming. Also I think it suffers a bit from the fact that it's very inspired by Infected Mushroom, so the bar is set quite high. And if you compare the melodies on some of the skippable tracks, to those on Infected Albums released prior to this Talpa album. It becomes obvious that Infected had some more distinct and memorable melodies.

In Moronic Evil RMX and I Feel Nothing, it sounds more controlled. Which I love, these tracks are in the same vein as Four Leaves Clover.

I got to say, that the LP by Nystagmus is THE best release on Sundance rec. in my opinion, and (thanks) I really like the album by Terrafractyl, glad i bought it. And of course Talpa yeahyeah. But yeah, the NYSTAGMUS album is something special and unique. Track 4, and 5 are triggers for me. Cool, and Beauty: 
http://sundancerecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-immaculate-perception

#Nystagmus ~ Does anyone know anything presently about the producer? He came and went, and that's it shows over? Do tell if you know any trivia. Masterpiece release. Special. My ex-gf fears/hates the Tommy is Dead track first time she heard it, only time. Funny.. Can't blame her though, it's .. (too) special/dark. 

• 10 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 8:27 PM, psytones said:

I got to say, that the LP by Nystagmus is THE best release on Sundance rec. in my opinion, and (thanks) I really like the album by Terrafractyl, glad i bought it. And of course Talpa yeahyeah. But yeah, the NYSTAGMUS album is something special and unique. Track 4, and 5 are triggers for me. Cool, and Beauty: 
http://sundancerecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-immaculate-perception

#Nystagmus ~ Does anyone know anything presently about the producer? He came and went, and that's it shows over? Do tell if you know any trivia. Masterpiece release. Special. My ex-gf fears/hates the Tommy is Dead track first time she heard it, only time. Funny.. Can't blame her though, it's .. (too) special/dark. 

The Nystagmus album is very good!

He has another act called Anahata. There's a very good psy-trance album called Conduktor and an equally good ambient/downtempo album called The Unmade Sound.