Should Simon Posford take an apprentice?

traveller

intreresting about alan parsons, i had no idea of this too!

thanks for the infos..

as for an apprentice, well, i wouldnt mind something crazy like him and some japanese artists like: masa, kuro, tsuyoshi, ubar tmar or the likely for some fusion of the uk sound and the japanese ancient arts.

Isn't Prometheus kinda his apprentice?

Also, that Alan Parsons is dank, lots of variety. Every other song is kind of jammy, with vocals. All I heard about the album before I listened to it was that it was a Parsons solo and kind of him dabbling in some kind of electronica.. I checked it out and heard the first track and I was like, wow psytrance, wtf?? he must be influenced by Shpongle. I mean "Eye in the Sky" and then this. Then I found more info, that Posford was involved and stuff. I really liked it.

No, Posford shouldn't take an apprentice. Remember what happened when God hired Jesus and Mohammed as apprentices? Much bloodshed.

I agree that Posford should produce music alone again, he should start producing some killer hallucinogen stuff again because i seems noone else will do it.

you guys are talking about 2 completely different things here:

Apprenticeship = a learner; novice; tyro. Someone that will learn from S.Posford to have the same mastery skills that he has (if you so may say that he is a master of any kind)

Collaboration = Someone that he makes music with, Like Shpongle etc etc.

I think he should start teaching his knowledge to people, that is for sure. But you can never teach feeling, which I think is the biggest part of Mr. Posfords music (in my humble opinion of course)

:)

I guess he could but I don't think it's gonna happen. I can't really think of anybody would be a good candidate for it.

Too true, there is nobody who needs to learn how to use crappy samples badly :ph34r:

a little off topic, but i've often wondered what would happen if some goa producers had the chance to study music in a much more thorough style. maybe attend some really good music school, get proficient in lots of instruments, get to know classical music and all that.

of course a lot of producers do have a good background in musical education but there are also many who are self-taught AFAIK.

i would really like to see what a very good musician would produce if he was into goa compared to an amateur..

a little off topic, but i've often wondered what would happen if some goa producers had the chance to study music in a much more thorough style. maybe attend some really good music school, get proficient in lots of instruments, get to know classical music and all that.

of course a lot of producers do have a good background in musical education but there are also many who are self-taught AFAIK.

i would really like to see what a very good musician would produce if he was into goa compared to an amateur..

I produced a track with someone who has studied music. It was rather monotone :D (I can upload the track if you want, its on my promo that I uploaded ages ago) :)

I've never heard of a goa trance musical school. Self taught musicians can be the most creative ones imo. Find your own way of making music rather then follow someone elses is a good way to be unique in your own way. imhfo :)

well of course finding your own way is ..the way.

being educated in music will not take this opportunity away from you. and i wasnt talking about a goa music school... just any music school.

an analogy i can think of is the architect gaudi. his work is very unique and influential. BUT he would have no chance of actually building all those works of art (imho) if he had not studied architecture (drawing, maths, physics, etc) in a good university..

^why not? it would be nice to hear ;)

or post a link to the whole promo!

Done. Check out the thread I revived. http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=913257

As for apprentice, I had another thought about it. I think that if Jannis "filteria", would be the apprentice, we would soon be able to hear music that would class as "Can make you mentally insane" :lol: