Should Simon Posford take an apprentice?

traveller

Guest antic

Nhjo!

But seriously, I have no idea. There's a lot of talented young people in our scene, but it's really hard to name one that deserves it more than the others. He could definitely teach few things about good melody and song structure to Jannis/Filteria and other Suntrip artists in general (well, except maybe for Khetzal & Ra), he could give few tips about mastering and fx to Troll Scientists guys, share some psychedelic tricks knowledge with Wildthings Rec. crew etc.

But above all, I'd die to hear him collaborating with Cosmosis and/or Colin OOOD. They're both older than SP (I think, at least Bill is for sure), so it'd be hard to call them 'apprentice', but I'm convinced they could learn a lot from each other.

I volunteer for an apprenticeship. ^_^

(or: me! me! pick me!)

Or, if we're talking collaborations, since Simon has already done interesting collaborations with so many psy artists, I think it would be very interesting to hear the results of a collaboration with someone from another "school", like say Richie Hawtin, or Squarepusher, or Adam Beyer, or something even more different like, say, Sigur Ros... or Daft Punk! That could be hilariously crazy. :D

i loved his collaboration with Alan Parson ( and david gilmour )....i want more of that !!!!! maybe a complete album with gilmour :rolleyes:

shed some more light on this please. i had no idea :o

meeo would be a good option even tho i think meeo's album was better than posfords first. can you compare the two ,, i dont know.

shed some more light on this please. i had no idea :o

meeo would be a good option even tho i think meeo's album was better than posfords first. can you compare the two ,, i dont know.

First track, "Return To Tunguska", on Alan Parsons' last album "Valid Path" is a collaboration between Alan Parsons and Simon, and David Gilmour plays the guitar...

http://www.discogs.com/release/382019 :drama:

a breathtaking track imo

Simon Posford should have TAKEN an apprentice when he was in his peak. While still a master it would have been much better to learn from him in his hay day not in his twilight years.

• 5 months later...

First track, "Return To Tunguska", on Alan Parsons' last album "Valid Path" is a collaboration between Alan Parsons and Simon, and David Gilmour plays the guitar...

http://www.discogs.com/release/382019 :drama:

a breathtaking track imo

I just discovered this song. Alan Parsons and Shpongle (the site for the album credits Shpongle, not just Posford), with David Gilmour!! :posford: :clapping: This song is awesome!

http://www.last.fm/music/Alan+Parsons/_/Return+to+Tunguska