horror / spine chilling ambient

exotic

Wow thats quite a list Kryll. thanks a ton dude. im going searching now :D

it would be great if you could upload those mixtapes/livesets . :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thats quite a list Kryll. thanks a ton dude. im going searching now :D

it would be great if you could upload those mixtapes/livesets . :)

no probs for that imo

only thing is that i dont know if they're copyrighted (cant find any info on the first and third)

The chilliest stuff I've heard is Woob. Try it in the dark in headphones, maybe with some doob. Woob on doob.

If you really want to freak yourself out, listen to Strange Air this way, and loud. I promise you a serious full-body chill.

;)

If you gonna try dark ambient, just start with Lustmord - Heresy, actually. There's a recently remastered version out there.

And also The Place Where The Black Stars Hang, which isn't spooky or anything but still dark, yet extremely relaxing, it's awesome.

I agree - Stalker is eerie alright.

Higher Intelligence Agency & Biosphere - Polar Sequences is not too comfortable either...

+1 for both... Stalker.... uhhhh, fckn brilliant.

I add :

DELERIUM - FACES, FORMS & ILLUSIONS

DELERIUM - MORPHEUS

DELERIUM - STONE TOWER

SYNAESTHESIA - DESIDERATUM

LUSTMORD - JUGGERNAUT

+1 for both... Stalker.... uhhhh, fckn brilliant.

I add :

DELERIUM - FACES, FORMS & ILLUSIONS

DELERIUM - MORPHEUS

DELERIUM - STONE TOWER

SYNAESTHESIA - DESIDERATUM

LUSTMORD - JUGGERNAUT

Hmm. I think a lot of that stuff tries too hard to be scary, and therefore is not. To me at least. It's sort of like the difference between Solaris and, say, Event Horizon.

Woob - Strange Air (Again, suggested with volume, in darkness, in headphones, for full immersion, and it's imperative that one listens all the way through to the end. It's as much cinema as music. Suggest also finding better recording. ;))

Lull - Slow Fall Inwards... I bet this track has caused suicides over the years.

I'm surprised noone has mentioned Amon (Andrea Marutti) yet. The album, "Foundation" is a masterpiece. Tracks like "Mopula" and "Lost" makes you feel like being locked up in a dark boiler-room, with nothing but the sound of a giant furnace to keep you company.

Woob - Strange Air (Again, suggested with volume, in darkness, in headphones, for full immersion, and it's imperative that one listens all the way through to the end. It's as much cinema as music. Suggest also finding better recording. ;))

i wish there was a video :( this is that videogame right?

i wish there was a video :( this is that videogame right?

I played Portal this last weekend and didn't notice it. Maybe it's at the end, which I didn't get to (yet). Would be awesome if that was the case. I think it was posted like that because the album is super-rare.

Those are pretty good albums although I enjoyed m² more before he started to do dark ambient. Iszoloscope is very good also :)

not really a big fan of his older uptempo breaks, but can appreciate most of it

but for the work he did with vocals (as m² ) u can call me a fan :) (but not really darkambient imo.. )

his latest 2 albums are dark enough though .. but not quite the same as his previous work

the "Astral Disaster" album by Coil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_Disaster

three of the tracks on there are 15 - 20mins long and they are the best on this album. This will definitely satisfy your needs. Many of the coil albums actually bother me because they are really good but just too dark/creepy to play at get-togethers with friends into more-common chill.

Lustmord - Heresy

Lustmord - The Place Where The Black Stars Hang

Lustmord - Zoetrope

Lustmord - The Monstrous Soul

Robert Rich & Lustmord - Stalker

Robert Rich - Bestiary

Steve Roach & Vidna Obmana - Well of Souls disc 2

Troum & Yen Pox - Mnemonic Induction

Raison d'Etre - Metamorphyses

Raison d'Etre - In Sadness, Silence and Solitude

Raison d'Etre - The Empty Hollow Unfolds

Inade - The Crackling of The Anonymous

Herbst9 - From A Dark Chasm Below

Herbst9 - Eta Carinae

Lull - Cold Summer

Battle of the Future Buddha's - Twin Sharkfins

Track 9. Marshmellow (miditation mix) is a superb, dark and chilling Ambient score. It is one of the only ambient-influenced songs I have ever given an A to.

I can't believe no ones mentioned Coil!!

Musick to play in the dark is one of the darkest, most spine chilling albums i have ever heard. I still have not managed to get through the whole album by myself after smoking a spliff :ph34r:

You are absolutely right, Coil are exactly the right thing to recommend for this kind of topic title. ;)

They have Black Light District project and album A Thousand Lights In A Darkened Room and it is awesome, so minimal, so dark. :D

I can't believe no ones mentioned Coil!!

Musick to play in the dark is one of the darkest, most spine chilling albums i have ever heard. I still have not managed to get through the whole album by myself after smoking a spliff :ph34r:

dunno

i have that one on cd

i find it more the shimmering kind of ambient music

same as Troum & Yen Pox' Mnemonic Induction

don't really catalog these as Horror/Spine Chilling ambient

but everyone has it's own catalog-system hehe :)

both come recommended ofcourse

"I can't believe no ones mentioned Coil!!

Musick to play in the dark is one of the darkest, most spine chilling albums i have ever heard. I still have not managed to get through the whole album by myself after smoking a spliff ph34r.gif"

You didn't look at the third last post on page 2. :( I have a few of the coils and find astral disaster to be the best. 15+ min. tracks are always good.

You didn't look at the third last post on page 2. :( I have a few of the coils and find astral disaster to be the best. 15+ min. tracks are always good.

oops shit, sorry didnt see that post, you win :P haven't heard astral disaster, will have to check that one out too. i reeeeaally wanna hear time machines as well and see if all the hype lives up

Many of the coil albums actually bother me because they are really good but just too dark/creepy to play at get-togethers with friends into more-common chill.

that is very true, awesome music but definately only for solo listening. try listening to it on ketamine as well, and see how fast that sends you down a big, black hole ;)

that is very true, awesome music but definately only for solo listening. try listening to it on ketamine as well, and see how fast that sends you down a big, black hole ;)

LOL. nawww... it's okay. i'll stick with weed and my big headphones.