What's your relation to psychedelic trance these days?

Oopie

Polls are silly and oversimplifying.

This is actually a good topic.

My relation to psychedelic (hate that word) trance is extremely casual nowadays, I just can't seem to get anything out of it.

E.g a friend borrowed me the new hippie killer compilation and all the songs on it bar a couple, don't infuse me with any feelings so to speak.

Also the party scene has deteriorated from what it was in the late nineties-millenibum years. Crap music and clueless kids who just want get fucked up on drugs it seems, people overdosing on ghb etc... not nice. Personally I have no interest in paying a lot of money to go and see a mediocre or over the hill foreign artists, which are nowadays brought over here on a monthly basis.

Suomisaundi was awesome in those days that I mentioned, I actually felt that we were on the cusp of something new but alas, it stagnated. So much uninspired music nowadays like Salakavala. Squaremeat has gotten progressively worse over the years and so has TF.

Meh.

Also the party scene has deteriorated from what it was in the late nineties-millenibum years. Crap music and clueless kids who just want get fucked up on drugs it seems, people overdosing on ghb etc... not nice. Personally I have no interest in paying a lot of money to go and see a mediocre or over the hill foreign artists, which are nowadays brought over here on a monthly basis.

Yes. Invasion of the "Krocha" (the new species of chavs, the ones with the fluo hats, we call 'em here like that), it's happening. "Terrible" is a word far too harmless for this utmost horrific latest outburst of chavness. I find myself rambling about the spoiled youth of nowadays like a grumpy ol' pop lately, it's funny. But it's horrible to watch. If they are coming to a psy party, which they are now, it means stress, unfriendlyness and generally bad vibes. And they are starting to infest them nowadays ... and it's going to get worse, I have it in the urine...

Fortunately last time, as S-Range was playing, there people said there were so many of these Krochaz, but I was not noticing any of them, was too busy dancing and hurrying to toilet for water and not looking left and right. And I'm so happy about that ... because Krochaz and S-Range, if I saw that I'd have hanged myself right there from a lamp on the toilets, I swear! But it wasn't the case. And now I can die in peace, peace, peace ... because I had one tremendous intense time, the best time of my life ^_^

Actually now that I touched the peak it's actually sad it was the peak. And it was the peak, because I almost collapsed that evening, more is not possible, not physically, not psychologically. I touched the peak! Well, but that's the thing that makes me a bit sad now, because from the peak you can only descend anymore, there is nowhere higher to go. And I somehow have it in the urine that in the future i'll focus more on other things than psytrance. I'll probably get my diploma, a girlfriend, a job ... I'll not have time for this anymore. I'm growing up...

Well, of course, I can not let go of it, never ^_^ ... but it will decrease, I'll be less on parties, less after new releases, more focus on other things.

But I'm so glad it went so good till now. And that I touched the peak. I had such great times in this scene. And that's what I'll probably treasure until I'm dead :)

(gosh, I'm speaking like if this was the end :lol: ... I assure you it's not :D )

Evolved.

My musical sensibilities were shaped by goa & my mind was twisted with the psychedelica infused with visions.

My life has taken me on a more relaxed note so I'm more into ambient now but it has to be a journey like goa was.

I'm still in love with goa but other psychedelic sounds have crept in and kept me warm.

Yeah, me too. I listen to psytrance in my car, and occasionally my favorite tracks at home, but I haven't bought anything or downloaded anything in a while. There are about 10 discs I wouldn't mind having, but I can't justify the expense right now. I'd pay good money for another Ka-Sol disc, though. Or another really good S.A. disc, like if Multistate made another one. I've listened to the first one an insane amount because it's exactly what I like, and I don't expect that to happen again anytime soon.

I feel like I've really fallen behind, but I'm not altogether worried about it. I don't buy much music at all these days, which is a dramatic change from my last 10 years or so. I think there's something about attempting to actually make decent music that might put one off an obsessive listening regimen.

there's not much of an relation anymore. The Scene here sucks - lot of the new music sucks (imho - with outstanding exceptions). I'm attending some Festivals every year - and the only important thing that decides which festival i will go to is the Lineup. I'm exepcting a lot from the Ozora festival this year :)

Still madly in love with it... Still collecting the last bits and pieces I am missing from the golden era... Partying/Dj-ing almost every weekend, and well... it is still a huge part of my life :)

(altough Ambient became more and more important, but not as important as goa trance yet)

Well, I can proudly say that I sill love the music! :) The scene and the audience itself has for sure grown bigger and also more commercial but actually I don't care. There is still a lot of good music around from various subgenres and I'm glad it's not hard to find a party that suits me when I finaly feel like going out again. Most of the music I buy is still psy and I can't imagine stop listening to it. The crowd hasn't changed that much imho. Sure, more people also means more non-psy people and also more idiots, also lots of younger people. On the other hand the old-timers I know used to be those young kids when goa started so maybe we shouldn't point with our fingers too much. But that's just how it is in Switzerland, I think it's different (more commercial I mean) in Israel for example.