Tracklist

1 Crown Violet Selflessness (7:36)

2 Brow Purple Wisdom (5:48)

3 Throat Blue Unity (7:35)

4 Heart Green Contentment (6:49)

5 Solar Plexus Yellow Radiance (6:17)

6 Naval Orange Purity (8:02)

7 Base Red Patience (8:18)

Having taken a long time to get in to Elemental Journey but ending up truly loving it and instantly loving the Pan PAcific album Conscious Pilot released recently I was very curious as to how the first release from this record label would sound. The title filled me with hope that it would be a beautifully relaxed horizontal eyes closed synaesthesia inducing album & I was not disappointed. This album is a wonderfully peaceful journey that soothes a tired head & makes you forget your stresses & lets your troubles float away into the ether. "The tracks are composed in keys that resonate with each of the seven chakras in turn, all below the tempo of the human heart at rest."

Crown Violet Selflessness is an eastern sounding track with lots of natural sounds. The eastern feel comes from the melody making me picture Tibetan mountains on a warm summer day. From the feel of a cool breeze to the mystical melody it’s all very self-reflective.

Brow Purple Wisdom takes us from the mountains of Tibet to the white sandy beaches of a tropical island getaway. It is once again quite peaceful with a lot of water sounds, most noticeably being what sounds like a downpour of rain on the ocean but each time it’s very brief. Big bass sounds cut through the air accompanied by a light melody. Loving those water sounds so much.

Throat Blue Unity takes us up a notch in the chillout stakes. I am left thinking that the last track was a mess of harsh sounds compared to this. A very simple melody repeats over nothingness, a few other noises come in & out, some rushing water sounds a few brief melodious sounds & brief strings etc but it’s all basically just the same few notes repeated again & again. Less is most definitely more.

Heart Green Contentment I think is a title that perfectly sums up the music. I get a feeling of happy peaceful contentment listening to this track. From the slow, slightly melancholic melody on the flute & piano to the upbeat chimes rising like bubbles & cascading down I get a lot of emotion from this piece. Very simple again, some might call it boring but it’s extremely calming. This really is Music for a Busy Head.

Solar Plexus Yellow Radiance has more energy with a melody played that seems to be constantly rising yet always stays in the same place. The big ambient drones add a lot of spacious atmosphere to the music & the flurries of flute combined with the very eastern melody sends my mind right back to Asian rice paddies on a warm spring day. Another beautiful track.

Naval Orange Purity takes advantage of the human voice in a very pure way. A few times in the track you can hear chanting that sounds like it’s coming from a great distance but that has been carried on the wind to us with no loss in clarity. This is another very reflective track with nice outdoor sounds for a warm heart.

Base Red Patience is the coldest sounding track with a deep dark bass drone & a wind like sound rushing through it like it’s a dark windy night outside but I’m snug as a bug in a rug wrapped up in my warm blanket by an open fire. Very relaxing ambient, I like it a lot.

All in all this is a wonderful collection of tunes. Very beautiful each of them & although very different they combine together nicely to create a lush journey for your mind to float away on. The sounds are very warm & natural, a perfect album for anyone who likes their ambient warm and cosy like a summer’s day or a big fluffy blanket. I think this album has definitely been overlooked by many but it’s still readily available in shops like Saiko Sounds so give it a try.