New to Psytrance

Krez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well fellow, judging from your comments on the music you've heard, you don't really like psytrance at all. You like some kind of progressive trance. Perhaps progressive psytrance or just "regular tranc" (wth is it called for rly?)

Well fellow, judging from your comments on the music you've heard, you don't really like psytrance at all. You like some kind of progressive trance. Perhaps progressive psytrance or just "regular tranc" (wth is it called for rly?)

I was thinking the same thing,

new to psytrance, he wants it fast and loud,

try fullon and melodic uptemo progressive like neelix... the newest gaudium, yotopia, etic, maybe skulptor...

try fullon and melodic uptemo progressive like neelix... the newest gaudium, yotopia, etic, maybe skulptor...

don't give him such strange artists, give him some of the more famous ones thats easier to download illegally from the interwebz :P

don't give him such strange artists, give him some of the more famous ones thats easier to download illegally from the interwebz :P

those are famous and in good quality probably ten times easier to download so stfu :P;)

Yes, I'm still here! Thanks for all your continued help everyone!

have u checked Aes Dana ?

btw

Music is never TOO trippy !!!! The trippier the better ;D

I haven't listened to Aes Dana yet, but I'll give it a try asap! Haha yeah, trippy stuff is still good, for example I found this amazing album Good Trip by Mushroom Lab, reaaalllly trippy but still pretty sweet. Anybody else listen to this and know anything else like them?

Sigh. I suppose you're right. It seems like most the psy stuff yall like isn't what I like. Especially Goa, most Goa I can't stand, for example I tried the Old Is Gold compilations 1-3, I really didn't like them. Although I really like Afgin's track From the Heart from Opus Iridium, that is one amazing song :wub:

Well, it's not like loud and fast is all I like, although it is the majority. For example, I really love Solar Fields - Extended, and that is by far the slowest music I've ever heard :) (some parts don't even have a beat!). Oh and I did listen to CBL - World of Sleepers again, and this time I love it! I'd love to hear more like them. But I'll also try the other stuff you suggest, thanks a lot!

jesus fucking christ on a motoped you are going to hell son.

just for the shpongle comment you are doomed in purgatory, and bashing the awakening will get you on the lowest pits of hell.

I have to agree. I can't really see how Shpongle is dull or repetitive: you're looking at genres where you could say every single song is repetitive. So either get used to it or find something else.

As for me, I don't really have any suggestions since people have put up a lot that I would have mentioned. I'm still fairly new here myself anyway.

Sigh. I suppose you're right. It seems like most the psy stuff yall like isn't what I like. Especially Goa, most Goa I can't stand, for example I tried the Old Is Gold compilations 1-3, I really didn't like them. Although I really like Afgin's track From the Heart from Opus Iridium, that is one amazing song :wub:

Old is Gold is just some amateur crap :)

Try Hallucinogen, Transwave, Pleiadians, Total Eclipse, Cosmosis for real goa.

some more ambient/trance

Bluetech

Ticon (progtrance)

Ishq

Electric universe

as for unmentioned goa i'd say

Bamboo forest

Wizzy noise

Astral projection (i dont really like it and wouldnt really call it goa but you might like it)

MFG

Synsun

and as for downtempo

Abakus

Shulman

Tripswitch

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got around to listening to En Voice. Both albums, Inclination for Composure and Hall of Dreams are absolutely stunning! What an amazing listen. I especially love how much instrumental music is in it. I'm starving for more, but those are the only albums they've come out with so far :(. Anybody like them? What can you recommend along the same vein?

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got around to listening to En Voice. Both albums, Inclination for Composure and Hall of Dreams are absolutely stunning! What an amazing listen. I especially love how much instrumental music is in it. I'm starving for more, but those are the only albums they've come out with so far :(. Anybody like them? What can you recommend along the same vein?

Chris Zippel - Genuine Horizon

• 2 months later...

hey

1st off all i adivce u to pay some attention to what Basilisc says , he is the one u can trult trust

and another one , u have to decide , if u gettin into the psy trance culture , not that u just lik a few tracks of some particular artist

for me , i can handle with some tracks from pop shit so calles pesudo trance artists but u wud never like their entire music becoz this is something thet is for sure do not belong to me

well , its either u like it all , not an any lil part of it , or u dont really like it at all

im not that young , have some long long life expirience , but , belive me , i have found nothing to like that is better then psy , nothing to love else then psy trance culture