Ka-Sol - Ghost Story

stupidfatugly

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Whoohoo!

I finaly found this great album in my mailbox today!

I think it's much better then the first one, don't know why, can't put my finger on it, but I like it much more.

Ka-Sol his music is a style on it's own, unique, original, dark yet not evil, hard but subtile, minimal and full-on, melodic and industrial at once, there's allmost humorous glow, you can feel the light shining through the mask of darkness.

All great tracks!

I'd say 9/10 at least.

Whoohoo!

I finaly found this great album in my mailbox today!

I think it's much better then the first one, don't know why, can't put my finger on it, but I like it much more.

Ka-Sol his music is a style on it's own, unique, original, dark yet not evil, hard but subtile, minimal and full-on, melodic and industrial at once, there's allmost humorous glow, you can feel the light shining through the mask of darkness.

All great tracks!

I'd say 9/10 at least.

I agree. It's more mature than the first one, more nuanced, yet still dark, hard and very engaging.

I agree. It's more mature than the first one, more nuanced, yet still dark, hard and very engaging.

Good to hear. I really liked the first album, but it didn't stand the "test of time" quite as well as I had hoped (not that I don't still like it, just not as much as when I first got it).

• 1 month later...

So what do you think of this album so far? I hate to admit that I find a little bit boring, despite being chock-full of really authentic and original sounds and beats. I've listened to it many times, and I was excited about it initially, but I found myself needing more to hold on to, like more lead elements/patterns/melodies/textures. A lot of the music sounds like very complex backgrounds. There are some moments that are really great, too. I've got mixed feelings.

too bad forest trance is not my style,

I recognize the greatness of this album but reading

all this positive posts I'm totally not experiencing it like you guys do,

I guess derango fits perfectly too for you guys ?

still great work, too bad for me :(

I like the forest concept but it's always to fast and to noisy for me,

krumeleur - animal is one of my favorite albums, that's subtle forest style imo,

very psychedelic and not overloaded...

but that's the only one I know who achieved that goal...

or not ?? any suggestions are welcome :)

I didn't like the Derango album at all. I found it way too noisy and unfocused. But I do like Krumelur's stuff a lot, although I don't equate it with forest trance. I realized last week that the samples from my favorite Krumelur track, Outdoors from Paramoral, are from Tarkovsky's film Solaris. Always fun to be watching a movie and hear where samples come from as a surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

Awsome!!!!! :posford: :posford:

Is there any tracklist?

Offcouse :)

0 Blogz

7:58 DFG remixed

12:31 Steptoa

18:06 Downside Up

25:26 Revange (dirty as hell mix)

33:30 Tää bää fel 100 fel

39:54 Scraqp

47:37 Ambientnot

54:28 Schlumpen

61:31 Stainless recreation

67:50 Trollmor

71:33 Puke in the dust

77:12 White magic

80:16 Tech (melodic goa mix)

85:42 Disney on mushrooms

• 4 weeks later...

0 Blogz

7:58 DFG remixed

12:31 Steptoa

18:06 Downside Up

25:26 Revange (dirty as hell mix)

33:30 Tää bää fel 100 fel

39:54 Scraqp

47:37 Ambientnot

54:28 Schlumpen

61:31 Stainless recreation

67:50 Trollmor

71:33 Puke in the dust

77:12 White magic

80:16 Tech (melodic goa mix)

85:42 Disney on mushrooms

Wow, okay I've been looking forward to a new album. And I want to hear the tracks I haven't heard yet above, those that weren't on Fairytale.

But what type of album is this exactly? It appears to be a combination of older and new tracks, a handful which already released on Fairy Tale, so is this a "mixed album" or a "best of" album? It doesn't appear to be a real sequel.. I'll check.

I finaly got my ass out of the wagon and got a paypal account so i can sell the Ghost story album.

I am charging 15 euro including shipping.

Whoa. 30 dollars for an album?! That's like 2-3 albums in the US, without shipping.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7382

Update.. Wait, what is this?! I just became aware of this at saikosounds. The new album is out? But it looks completely different from the tracklist above? Am I getting confused with two different things here? I just found out about this today. And of all things, the long awaited sequel to Fairytale is unavilable at saikosounds. It also says it came out July 3, 2008 but I can't find a review thread for it on here. Was that July 3rd date never updated and the album hasn't officially come out yet?

Wow, okay I've been looking forward to a new album. And I want to hear the tracks I haven't heard yet above, those that weren't on Fairytale.

But what type of album is this exactly? It appears to be a combination of older and new tracks, a handful which already released on Fairy Tale, so is this a "mixed album" or a "best of" album? It doesn't appear to be a real sequel.. I'll check.

Whoa. 30 dollars for an album?! That's like 2-3 albums in the US, without shipping.

Update.. Wait, what is this?! I just became aware of this at saikosounds. The new album is out? But it looks completely different from the tracklist above? Am I getting confused with two different things here? I just found out about this today. And of all things, the long awaited sequel to Fairytale is unavilable at saikosounds. It also says it came out July 3, 2008 but I can't find a review thread for it on here. Was that July 3rd date never updated and the album hasn't officially come out yet?

I think you are getting confused with 2 different things here. The album "Ghost Story" is a proper follow up album but that tracklist is just a mix,

http://www.di.fm/calendar/event.php?event=10492

This dosent have much to do with the Ghoststory album but

it could be interesting for some pepole here. :-)

Take care /Christer

It was available at saikosounds but not anymore. Must have sold out.