~ Digicult : Out of this world - DACRU RECORDS (2008) ~

Sideffect...

ive not even been abale to finish the album, i really dont like it

not really psychadelics, yes but really cheesy psychadelics

its commercial imo, boring, unsophisticated, it would do the job at a party, but thats it

but other release this year would be a lot more fun in a party

You already heard this album without even listening to it

predictable, i am really dissapointed, i bought it because everyone said its really nice

the sample looked nice

2:20 magic, its pathetic, they dont know what to do, every songs is like the other: BORING

imo of course

a big listen before buying

and yes i have an open minded, its just that all cd's long is not original

NO ORIGINALITY, okay really nice production, fun to listen, but afterm 3 songs, im saying to myself, wow, i feel i dont want to keep on listening to this.

It fits so much into all the bad boring psytrance

i rather hear something not as crystal clear production, but really refreshing, than this shit, the only good thing i will say about this, its the production

Production is well done, no talent.

The songs are all the same

and yes i have an open minded, its just that all cd's long is not original

NO ORIGINALITY, okay really nice production, fun to listen, but afterm 3 songs, im saying to myself, wow, i feel i dont want to keep on listening to this.

It fits so much into all the bad boring psytrance

i rather hear something not as crystal clear production, but really refreshing, than this shit, the only good thing i will say about this, its the production

Production is well done, no talent.

The songs are all the same

uhu, well taste is taste,

refreshing, have you tried their debut album ?

Out Of This World makes for good listening if you're into the idea of a full-on science fiction experience. The music is not very deep but the melodies are dazzling enough at least. Movie samples constantly appear, establishing a theme by brute force. It is comparable to U-Recken's Deeper Into Man although I think I prefer this album... at least for now. I know enough about this sort of bold, accessible, and immediately gratifying approach to say: enjoy it while you can! Repeat listening might wear it out.

It is comparable to U-Recken's Deeper Into Man although I think I prefer this album... at least for now. I know enough about this sort of bold, accessible, and immediately gratifying approach to say: enjoy it while you can! Repeat listening might wear it out.

I agree with comparison to U-Recken buh I dont agree with "repeat listening" part :lol:

GREAT GREAT ALBUM!

That's a good point. It's why I haven't been able to get myself to click "buy" on this one yet. It's got a lot going for it but I worry that a year from now it may sound trite. :unsure:

Out Of This World makes for good listening if you're into the idea of a full-on science fiction experience. The music is not very deep but the melodies are dazzling enough at least. Movie samples constantly appear, establishing a theme by brute force. It is comparable to U-Recken's Deeper Into Man although I think I prefer this album... at least for now. I know enough about this sort of bold, accessible, and immediately gratifying approach to say: enjoy it while you can! Repeat listening might wear it out.

EDIT: I did buy it. This is cheese of the very highest order. It is a fine cheese. As long as I don't over-listen to it in the short term I'm sure I will still enjoy it a year hence.

• 8 months later...

A long time has passed since I first heard this and I still really like it. This is the oh-so-obvious and basic full-on that I really like. Takes it all very safe, doesn't do new things, but the things that it does, it does very well, mostly. Very crystal clear sounds and nice melodies(some of them could be cheese to someone, but I personally don't find them very cheesy.) I also like the spacey theme it's going for, this way it's not just plain full-on, per-se. Some gripes about some sample use though, as it feels somewhat forced in a few songs, but overall it's not bad and at times actually really good, like you hear in Icarus One. And about that Icarus One, it's one of my favourite full-on tracks. Atmosphere, samples and melodies, it has them and they're really good.

Favourites 1, 4, 5, 6, 8!

I could dance to this at some party. But for home listening the tracks lack the depth and innovation.

In the end, pretty basic full-on.

Agreed 100%.

To me, psytrance always has to be one step ahead of the listener - listening to psytrance needs to be a brain-bending, mind opening experience, and this album simply is too predictable (although the production quality is good for what it is).

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I loved it when it came out but now I'd say I bored of it a little. I think because it's too melodic (btw I mostly listen to melodic stuffs) and lightsome or something. Overall it's a good full-on album but missed the 'classic' title.

8/10

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

One of the albums to which I'm returning almost every week. It is not as detailed and deep as their 2012 and 2015 albums, some parts are way too trancey even for me, some parts are too simplistic and the movie samples are brutally overused but the whole thing has got the right vibe. Timeless classic for me. 

"This place ... is different"