Jikkenteki - Flights Of Infintiy (Par-2 Productions)

abasio

Anyone who listens to this on CD & doesn’t like it can feel free to never recommend me anything again as I am sure your taste is so far from my own that I would call it shit & never want to visit your house & hear your crap.

How can you write that???? just tell me why???? cause really, it feel so pretentious, i feel i know you more than you do, hahahaha

:lol:

I wrote that because it's how I feel! I like this so much that I think people who don't like (it's fine to not like it by the way) will have music taste vastly different to my own (not bad taste, different) so going to their houses & listening to their choice of music would not be fun. OK maybe saying "I don't want to listen to your crap" was harsh but hell, I'm not a professional writer & this CD stirred a lot of emotion in me!

really, tons of your reviews stuff you loved i dont like, stuff i like you dont, and stuff completely forgettable, you says its good

yes your reviews are well written, but fuck, i rather read some good cds reviews but not well written, then shitty cds, well written and good cds not well reviewd by you

If you don't like my taste, then why do you bother reading my reviews. They are pretty long & can't be that interesting for you. I don't review too many CDs that I don't like so if you don't like what I like & don't want to read my rave about music you don't like then the answer is simple; don't bother reading my reviews. Or just check the end!

One thing I'm not going to do is say music I like is bad & say music I don't like is good just to please some faceless internet guy I've never met. Remember mate, taste is taste.

listen to rock or folk cause what you say about jikkenteki its scary for the psyfans, jikkentenki sounds like a kellogs surprise compared to anything that posford touched. puff dragon shouldnt even exist, but you say its a good realease

really start listening to other styles, grab a guitar, youll feel alive

Taste is taste mate! Just because you like something doesn't mean it is good. Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it is bad. Unless of course an artist just releases old material rehashed & pretends it's new. That is crap. But usually I uphold the principle of taste is taste. You seem to believe otherwise. Fine. But don't start slagging me off for giving my (well thought out, I thought) opinion.

By the way I listen to all genres of music but these electronic styles are by far my favourite. Not keen on guitar music :ph34r:

I think this album is interesting throughout even the 30 odd minute track. I put this on the other day after not listening to it for a while & the music still managed to make me feel fantastic. I really do love it :wub:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i know, yesterday i was fuckin pissed about everything, i dont mean to be mean, i don't speak english very well, so its hard to find my words, so its coming out all wrong, sorry didnt mean to diss you or anything.

but really, im not an idiot, taste is taste? lol everone know that, but you know when you really like something, and someone come say its not good, and thats whats happening with your reviews abasio. well, it makes me angry. its okay, im not mad.

i know, i get super pissed and i say tons of crap, getting all involved with my feelings, sorry really, you have the right to say that cd is good.

but i meant in what i said, is that i feel that reviews always put a first impression on cd's, and ccan make cd better then its really is, because of all the good reviews around it. fuck, i can never say exaxtly what i mean, i hopew you understand

but dude, why saying stuff like your not invited in my house if you dont like that, we dont wanna know that. maybe in your country saying stuff like that its accepted, but in mine, i would laugh at your face, but thats not the point.

and U.F.ORB, wasnt funny, oo but you will say it wasnt to be funny. it was just unessesary, i wasnt even talking to you. okay if you dont want to invite me to your house, like who cares, aa shit im being rude again. nywayz sorry abasio, your reviews are okay, but i feel like its rare you say that the albums are not good, i bought some cds because of your reviews saying its THE shit, and beign super dissapointed, it comes out wrong, sory

okay i said sorry enough now, i feel like a girl, bye

:drama: :drama: Another pienews drama -

I love jikkenteki's Flights of Infinity, I almost listen to it every day.

And i kind of feel sorry for the situation you are in.... you flamed a very good album, an user, and an artist..

I may have to flame you. You sir, Are a useless spammer. which i don't even wonna spend time on flaming, you clearly lack the neccesary braincells.

i really hate to flame you. Really. but it's neccessarry.

Forgive me. Nothing personal.

you clearly lack the neccesary braincells.

HAHAHA, if it makes you feel good! but insulting other intelligence, hahah, when you dont even know him

come on! get a fuckin life

please, what if i flamed your engrish, i don't wonna contaminate this thread with useless babbeling, especially if it's directed to you. We can continue this over pm's.

well i don't know him, True. but that doesn't mean that i don't respect him, Jikkenteki is a great artist, and i enjoy his music. Anyway giving it away for free.. That is awesome. I think you should pay the man some respect, he clearly deserves it.

Later on you flame abasio, for expressing his views on what he believe is great music. we don't tell you to listen to it you hypocrit.

everyone has there own taste when it comes to music, and expressing the views of oneself doesn't mean that you have the same views.

So please, it's not about knowing someone or not, but respecting their indviduality.

And i know you apoligized for it.

And btw... since this is free. You should have nothing to complain about.

But being bitter about something someone said that you're not invited to his house is nothing special, and YOU did have it coming.

I rest my case.

and once again i apoligize for flaming you, nothing personal.

its okay, i started the crap, sorry, can we move no please, i asked god to forgice me, and he did :lol:

so please forgive me too lol

-_- i do, you aknowledged it and i respect that. Sometimes we all have those exess feelings :D

• 2 weeks later...

AND ABASIO, MOSTLY ALL THE CDS YOUR REVIEWD, I HATED IT

so you wouldnt come to my house because i wouldnt invite you in my house, even if i would like jikkenteki

you don't even like simon posford,

really we differ in taste, some people are more metallica others are more aerosmith

im more psychadelics, your more commercial

i really tried to listen to it, i talked about it with my friends, and really, we dont like it

:lol: :lol:

Yeah Abasio is totally commercial :lol: All your reviews sucks :huh: Tsk tsk.. I love your reviews Abasio, really nice reads. And i know that if you wrote it, ther's 90% chance that i will love the music... So keep it up :D

And murphy, go listen to THE ZAP, and shut the hell up :P

• 1 month later...

With this second album coming after the brillant "The Long Walk Home", Jikkenteki is one of the new school artist i like the most.

While not being out of this world, his music sounds unique to me - its just nice to hear something that doesn't sound like a copycat or a "try hard".

I would have loved to hear more downtempo stuff from him though, knowing how good he is in that genre (hint for the third album!).

Anyway thats some really great music Jikkenteki has done there, sure worth listening (and buying!).

P.S: I won't comment on some of those rude posts above, but i think it's unacceptable to have them in a review thread.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a super album. Jikkenteki's style is cutting edge, great. Though I favor the debut over the follow up because of the chill side too, this is excellent. His Psytrance has improved since the double CD packaged debut. No track is less than great. I feel that the second track is excellent because of where the artist takes the song past the 7 minute mark. The general artist would have not created this infectious extension. But this artist seems to top himself even when I least expect it. The last track is great too; the female/skipping vocals and atmosphere compliment the track. The first song, though impressive, is generally longer than I prefer, regardless that it develops and remains entertaining for 31 minutes somehow! Overall the artists style is dynamic, often taking the listener through soundscapes that become tastier as the track progresses. This stuff deserves to be selling on saikosounds, psyshop, Amazon MP3 and Apple iTunes.

This is one of the best PSY albums of 2008 and Jikkenteki is one of my most favorite Psytrance/Chill artists. I've recently updated my review on page 1 and I'm looking forward to the third album, whenever the artist is ready to release it.

• 3 weeks later...

I try today to download but could not do :) I may order the CD then...

Totally worth it if you ask me, 10$ shipped for such great music is just a bargain.

Best album of the year for me, already a classic in my book.

I try today to download but could not do :) I may order the CD then...

Yes! Buy it, it is definitely worth the tiny cost of $10, it's worth much much more.

Totally worth it if you ask me, 10$ shipped for such great music is just a bargain.

Best album of the year for me, already a classic in my book.

Definitely :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Go Jikkenteki :)

I object! needs A+ at least :angry: :angry: :angry:

You're not entitled but always free to your opinion. I hate the world entitled when it comes to freedom; it's like having conditions, and that's my opinion. Moreover, there's no such thing as an A+ from me. An A captures scores from 9.4 to 10. Like college grades here in the USA at least. Naturally a 4.0 is a 100% or an A, but I don't do the little decimels in my head. Although if you insisted I gave one song a 10 if I had to choose one, it would be Asterope, but again, that's subjective even if 9/10 people agree. Let's not get into that here. Nothing is perfect essentially but to the mind that believes it so. And yes, there is always room for improvement but the artist is not far from getting an A from me if he continues to improve. I don't know if anyone knows this but the last new school act/album I gave an A to was... it has NOT happened to date. Not Filteria. Not Khetzal. Not even RA. In my heart I don't like the scoring thing as much as some people may think. If I focus too much on the scoring part I end up not enjoying the music as much; it becomes a job, like work, an analysis process and that's the point I suppose. Also, not everyone will agree with me and I respect that. That's one of the reasons why I often write openings and conclusions to my reviews. Because if I just throw grades around it seems less explained why I find the song good, great, excellent, and/or superb aka outstanding, potentially groundbreaking, etc. Is this album groundbreaking? For psytrance and music in general, the answer is yes. I breaks ground. It innovates and elevates the Psytrance genre in some ways. Again, I don't want to have a discussion about this here; I just want people to know who are or were ever curious.

To be honest, I didn't buy this album because after hearing it for free, it took the edge off from me feeling more encouraged to buy it; however I've become more appreciative and "present (read my sig below on this)" without how wonderful this artist is for giving us the option to hear it for free. I have also told more people about this artist since, and directed them to various pages where on saikosouns for instance, it was UNAVAILBLE to buy. This should be available there. I think $10 for this album is hugely generous, a sale/discount price for one of the best albums I have ever heard, and I would really like to buy the next album. Once it's done and the artist is happy with it. So there Jikkenteki you see. We like your music from all over the world. Keep it up! Blow us away on the next release! :)

yah i ordered the CD instead..

Awesome. Or, cool! From what I've heard some people think the word, umm.. they don't say awesome in their country. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well after reading all the good reviews on this guy and listening to the samples on the PAR2 site I decided to order his CDs. I paid 20 USD even for both albums and thats with shipping included... You can't beat that price for 3 discs, especially if the full tracks are as good as the samples make them sound! I'll be sure to give my thoughts on both albums once I recieve the discs.

• 3 weeks later...

This is an essential release.... just for the 1st track, epic!

and then there is all the rest of the tracks :rolleyes:

Jikkenteki has a unique sound, and this release definitely brings something new to that! It is like a bird flying high and dipping low, seeing the wide horisont and rough details of the textures surface at the same time! Trippin' man!

Thanks! :clapping:

• 3 years later...

The atmospheres of this release are beautiful and epic. My favourite track is The End Of The End, and I liked the use of an alternative bar signature (6/4, 6/4, 6/4, 8/4) in this track.