1. Paranoid Life (7:38)

2. Sensitive Strings (7:32)

3. Atari Days (9:40)

4. Angels Of Light (8:30)

5. Cosmos (9:21)

6. Trip To The Infinite (8:16)

7. Cold Computer (9:16)

8. High Templar (8:37)

9. Trancing In The Center Of Earth (7:35)

Zybex is Roberto Tello, born in the South of Chile. In 1999 he began to experiment with virtual synths, but only as a hobby. In 2003 he met his friends; Hector (Ovnimoon) and Luciano (Psypsiq Jicuri) who had began to compose at the same time, but in differents cities. In this way he was able to share ideas and learn so that in the future he could define his own style of psytrance music. Zybex has worked with labels like Magma Records (Italy), Synergetic Records (Austria), Moonsun Records (Greece), Goa (Geomagnetic) Records (USA), Kagdila Records (USA) and Freeze Magazine (Greece).

(taken from http://www.myspace.com/zybex)

1) Paranoid Life

Soft melody and slow rhythm launches the album. The synth line comes in and brings darker tones. The middle part is very beautiful combining percussion, voices and atmospheric melody. Actually this track is really deep and emotional but not cheesy in any way.

2) Sensitive Strings

This one sounds much like typical full-on in the beginning. But later it expands into much more interesting form. Nice driving rhythm and sensitive melody are very well balanced and makes this track very pleasant to my ears. Backing guitar a little bit softens the whole drive. Nice one too.

3) Atari Days

Very different from the prevoius tracks. If the first two were melancholic this seems even agressive in some way. But then the flute in the middle part is much brighter and changes the mood of the whole track nicely. The last two minutes are filled with deep and positive energy. The last 30 seconds reminds you of the atari a little bit, bit, bit... :-)

4) Angels of Light

Again rhythm is kinda rushed but the synthline is astonishing. Melodic part becomes more tense with every minute. All in all it sounds really psychedelic by the end. Not a bad track but could be better.

5) Cosmos

Electric bassline takes off to the cosmos. Dark and cold samples layering one on each other gives the feeling of venture in galactic corners. Zybex invites to a dangerous trip here. I like this track a lot. The finish of the journey is trippy indeed, just listen to the synth.

6) Trip To The infinite

After the countdown beat lifts off. Expertly used sounds create some amazing feeling. This track is really special. The middle part opens the heart of the creator and the listener. But that's not all, you'll hear some amazing psychedelic samples later sending your brain to far out space. I could easily lose myself hearing this one on the dancefloor. As for me the best track on the whole album.

7) Cold Computer

Computer madness. It's not as cold as the title says. I'd say it's more electric and repetitive. The darkest track on the album. Here Zybex denies soul and passion of human instead fills space with alien army of programmed droids. Chaotic structures by the end destroy everything on its way.

8) High templar

Another hard stomper. But here i don't like the samples. They seem uninventive and uninspiring. This one is proclaimed the worst track on the album by me. I skip this one everytime i listen to "Surreal Energy". But that's just me.

9) Trancing In The Centre Of Earth

What can i say, this one is not lighter then the previous one. But much better in terms of creativity. Still i'd like to have the last track to be more expressive so the final feeling of the album was as deep as in the beginning. But that's not a problem at all.;-)

"Surreal Energy" took all my attention when i first heard it. After a couple of more listens i found tracks that i liked more than others and found only one track that i really disliked so my rate would be 8/10. Favourites are "Paranoid Life", "Cosmos" and "Trip to the Infinite" (which is the winner). The art of the cover is also great and it perfectly fits the mood of the album.

• 2 weeks later...

very nice album,

it seems more & more we can expect some good fullon this year...

the melodies follow very fast to each other but are crystal clear, good variated and put together in a nice combination...

the baselines is not overloaded, subtle tinted...

after a third listen I'm not that pro anymore...

the nitzho influences they use sometimes, in baselines, once melodic wise in a track,

didn't like that,

over all, some good track but not an album listening from beginning to end imo...

after a third listen I'm not that pro anymore...

the nitzho influences they use sometimes, in baselines, once melodic wise in a track,

didn't like that,

over all, some good track but not an album listening from beginning to end imo...

What do you mean by "once melodic wise in a track"?

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very nice surprise to me here, my most played tune in these moment. I really like the track 1,2,3,5, and the third is a bit goaish oriented with rythmi element that made me think about miranda / cyan / hunab-ku ... very melodic and energic. The first track is very pleasefull, a slower track with nice melody during, :) perfect for me. Thanx Zybex

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say that I expected more after hearing his other tunes released last year. I like "Trip To Infinite". The rest...I dont know...nothing special really.

Sofar this year has been very bad when it comes to more melodic fullon stuff...

• 7 months later...

Love this guy heard him on compilation Altares with fox on synergetic records dint know his album was out litsened to the sampales on saikosounds totally awsome stuff..... Just ordered it very nice album if u into melodic full on..... :drama:

Love this guy heard him on compilation Altares with fox on synergetic records dint know his album was out litsened to the sampales on saikosounds totally awsome stuff..... Just ordered it very nice album if u into melodic full on..... :drama:

Are you shure it's Zybex ? i checked and saw Zyce, and it's prog ... nothing equivalent to the Zybex crazy style

Are you shure it's Zybex ? i checked and saw Zyce, and it's prog ... nothing equivalent to the Zybex crazy style

Ya i got him confused with zyce this ofcourse is a different album.Ordered his cd from saikosounds thinking he was zyce anyways if he is good full on then probably will love him.:)

still waiting for the cd to arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

Surreal energy is unique, vibrant and epic crazy-madness-of-awesome. This release reminds me of Electrypnose's, it's the same level of quality and style, just darker.

Favourites Paranoid Life(!), Sensitive Strings(!), Atari Days, Cosmos(!!!!), Cold Computer(!!), High Templar(!!)

9/10(4/10 scale) Awesome.

Edit: I Really need to emphasize on how effin brilliant Cosmos is: Cosmos is effin brilliant.

this is raw energy , full power full on at its best. the title is the best track in this genre ive heard in years.

respectomundo!

Just to make it clear: This might be full-on, but it definitely is FAR from most full-on.