New psytrance act from Sweden ;)

f0rce

Hi guys , this is a sample of our latest production of ours.. please listen =)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mhuotq

CHEERS :D

Judging by the name of the track (In English) Sausage Dick I am not expecting that much, but I will have it a go. Why the infantile name? Is it dark psy?

Ehm yes, forgot to rename the file.. Next one will have a proper name aswell , my friend and I have some different influenses of music...

The result is some kind of mixture of hardtrance and goatrance for the moment, (I am trying to introduce him to the classic goa genre) and I think we have some potential of making some really good music in the future!

Having a blast creating some good funky tunes in my living room =D

Judging by the name of the track (In English) Sausage Dick I am not expecting that much, but I will have it a go. Why the infantile name? Is it dark psy?

Even if you don't decide to change the name I think Sausage Dick is fitting, though the picture that comes to mind doesn't fit the music very well :lol:. I really, really liked this track and hope that you keep coming up with new ideas; it had that awesome acid grunge to it and got me bouncing a bit. I didn't like the beginning much because it seemed a little too rigid for my tastes. You should get some floating synths in the background to mask the introduction of new elements a bit. Also, towards the end it sounded like you just copied and pasted pieces of the first sequence and hooked it up to a new synth but I could be wrong. Finally, I would say fix the very end a bit. It's too abrupt. Just my two cents, but I really liked it nonetheless :posford:. Really spacey~.

If you wouldn't mind telling, what do you use for synths, sequencers, and things?

Even if you don't decide to change the name I think Sausage Dick is fitting, though the picture that comes to mind doesn't fit the music very well :lol:. I really, really liked this track and hope that you keep coming up with new ideas; it had that awesome acid grunge to it and got me bouncing a bit. I didn't like the beginning much because it seemed a little too rigid for my tastes. You should get some floating synths in the background to mask the introduction of new elements a bit. Also, towards the end it sounded like you just copied and pasted pieces of the first sequence and hooked it up to a new synth but I could be wrong. Finally, I would say fix the very end a bit. It's too abrupt. Just my two cents, but I really liked it nonetheless :posford:. Really spacey~.

If you wouldn't mind telling, what do you use for synths, sequencers, and things?

Thank you Trohr , that is what I call a review! Yes, the name is just our sick sense of humour when we are fiddling with the music. Im sure we are not the only ones who name their projects wierd! =D Yes I think I agree with you all the way here , the sound and the levels of the volume is good.. The bassline is nice , but the arrangement is not exactly in its final "state" or how u say =D... But it has its moments =) Its just nice to make music and to share it here even if its not at all done or anything.. We are taking a break for a couple of days , and going back to the studio later and rearranging (how i love the word "rearrange":P) this song. Nope we didnt add anymore synthesizers to the song, and yeah I think we were doing things TOO FAST.. :) But as I said in the post above , I am trying to introduce him to new and old school goa ... And the sound developing process here is soooo much fun !!! Being two doing music is much more fun then being alone!!!

Our current equipment its just tons of drumsamples, the Albino 3, the z3ta+ with virus mod, Audiorealism Bassline 2, for the moment just the original FL studio VSTE´s and FL 2008.. Love the synths and the sequencer program as it seems to be the easiest way to get the flow out of our brains ;)

Thanks Thror , now that some ppl said something I should contribute and do some reviews too ;D

:drama: :posford:

EDIT the ABL2 is not used in this sample I posted first , hehe its turned off to enhance the bass in it... if u want i can add the other one WITH the ABL2 in it ...

Okey I am sorry for that misplaced post :) .. Thought that the music promotion area was only for complete songs , and this area was for partial clips of the songs ? =D .. Listened to it ? =)

I've listened to it now. You've got the mixing really well (although I'd prefer the bass more to the centre). The melody you've got going with the bassline in the beginning (until 1:46) is really annoying. I'd rather have it play the same note repeatedly than that basic melody. Alternatively, you can add some fill-ins to make it interesting.

The melody that comes in makes it clear either that 1. You've got no musical education, or 2. You're going for a dark, weird atmosphere. Possibly both.

The track progresses nicely after that, with some harmonic content that actually feels like a bit more than filler (uncommon for psytrance in general); it's almost got something to tell me. Nice.

I think this track has the potential to become a good one, if you keep building on that chord progression you've got running near the end.

Thanks Ga2pir , yeah you are right. We got no musical education at all , but it was as you said that we added some "dark" touch in it...

We have not in fact used any headphones at all doing this song. My headphones are broken, thats all... :P So the panning should be done this weekend when the workiing days are over ;) .. Thank you for your comment my swedish fellow =) I am also most satisfied with the later part in the clip, and the sound overall in this clip... It is a big step for me to hear my sounds developing more and more...

sorry for the english , its getting worse than ever =))

Thanks Ga2pir , yeah you are right. We got no musical education at all , but it was as you said that we added some "dark" touch in it...

We have not in fact used any headphones at all doing this song. My headphones are broken, thats all... :P So the panning should be done this weekend when the workiing days are over ;) .. Thank you for your comment my swedish fellow =) I am also most satisfied with the later part in the clip, and the sound overall in this clip... It is a big step for me to hear my sounds developing more and more...

sorry for the english , its getting worse than ever =))

When did you start making music?

I advise you to start reading about music theory and playing keyboard. You will be able to create moods more smoothly if you know some stuff about harmony.

Keep it up!

Actually the keyboard playing is my strongest side :) believe it or not :P I have taken musical piano lessons when I was younger, but I have practised at home a LOT last 2 years.. So when it comes to music programs and sequencing I find it rather hard and thats were the "flaskhals" is ... But I should read on the music theory more, thats for sure =) ive been making music for 2 years also , but didnt give it so much time until now because of work, girlfriend, and other hobbies like videogames ;D ...

Actually the keyboard playing is my strongest side :) believe it or not :P I have taken musical piano lessons when I was younger, but I have practised at home a LOT last 2 years.. So when it comes to music programs and sequencing I find it rather hard and thats were the "flaskhals" is ... But I should read on the music theory more, thats for sure =) ive been making music for 2 years also , but didnt give it so much time until now because of work, girlfriend, and other hobbies like videogames ;D ...

Why don't you record yourself playing keyboard? It would be nice to hear how good you are.

Do you play pop songs and such, or just improvising?