Transdimensional vs. I.F.O. : prices of originals

Goa-Head

So, there you go, such a title will prop many eyes.

Here's my reflections about the prices the originals are being sold at.

If you look on Discogs right now you'll see 3 copies of the original TRANSDIMENSIONAL for sale with prices ranging from €75 to €99. One of the sellers (will not mention name) has originally listed it @ €500, an atrocious price that however 1 in a 1000 was prepared to pay. Another seller came along and listed it @ €180. These 2 sellers slowly chopped the price down after a third recent seller came in and was the 1st to put it for sale at below €100. And there you go - you have the chance to grab the original @ a really good price considering its scarcity due to low original quantity pressed.

Now look at I.F.O. Between the Dragonfly Original and the Nova Tekk version you have currently 10 for sale. Up to some days ago they were 8 for sale all skimming the €100 price. Recently someone listed it @ €79 and in the last 2 days or so a new seller listed it for €75.

Now consider the quantity in which they were originally produced. IFO was surely produced in "commercial" quantities (commercial: in underground terms of course) and was released on 2 labels in the same year. On the other hand however we all know that TRANSDIMENSIONAL was much limited. Anyone remember this being sold in high street stores like Virgin, HMV etc ? Don't think was sold there right ?

So why is it that people still continue to list I.F.O. for sale @ no less than €100 generally when it was so much produced in mass quantities and TRANSDIMENSIONAL is suddenly being offered for a "mere" €75 when it is so lowly produced ? Was it the Suntrip reissue last year which pushed back the price of the original ?

To me this is something un-conceivable.

I.F.O. should be offered for sale for much less. It was produced in mass quantities and we have a handful for sale right now! On the other hand I think that the price of the original Transdimensional has really touched the bottom and if I had lots of spare €€€ I would have already grabbed the lowest selling one for the fun of owning the original infamous edition.

A reissue of I.F.O. is the dream of anyone, if anything for a remastering for sure.

What are your thoughts when you compare the demand vs. original quantity vs. offered price vs. reissue ?

Discuss.

Well the remastering sucks and the kicks sound really horrible on the new one transdimentional (I was watching some shitty kiddy program which had a eurodance theme song and holy shit! It's the same kick). So theres certainly a good reason to buy the original transdimentional.

I think the rerelease of Transdimensional made the prices dump quite low, because now only real collectors will go for the original release while others who are just wanting the music (like me) would go for the rerelease.

I appreciate it for I dismiss the high prices of certain stuff in an underground culture. We are talking about Goa Trance and not hand signed Elvis records...

IFO however has no rerelease and therefore is still highly sought after. The quantity is not that much of a factor I think, except that it might increase the probability that somebody will sell it and doesn't know what it's worth, thus resulting in the possibility of finding this piece for a bread and butter ... which is what I concentrate on!

I hold a second copy of IFO (dragonfly) for nearly half a year, I thought about selling it but don't know what price to fix...

offered it for trade several times (here and there) but there were no attractive offers

This is a joke. This means that you don't advertise it.

How can IFO remain on the shelf for 6 months?!?!?!?!

I sold the Novatekk version for a 100 Euro ten days ago (no profit done - just what it cost me a month before to get - funny story I will not tell here)

You can get something(s) very nice from your wantlist if you are unsure what price to fix.

I think the rerelease of Transdimensional made the prices dump quite low, because now only real collectors will go for the original release while others who are just wanting the music (like me) would go for the rerelease.

Have you discovered file sharing yet? :D

Have you discovered file sharing yet? :D

alien words ... what are you talking about? :ph34r:

anyway, filesharing is :wank: ... a collector will never be satisfied with mp3s, even those who just want the music and not the original release...

I've never sold cds for the money... and I've never payed unreasonable prices for cds.

no "very nice" offers for trades so far

I'll try to publish it again, maybe this time also on discogs

This is a joke. This means that you don't advertise it.

How can IFO remain on the shelf for 6 months?!?!?!?!

I sold the Novatekk version for a 100 Euro ten days ago (no profit done - just what it cost me a month before to get - funny story I will not tell here)

You can get something(s) very nice from your wantlist if you are unsure what price to fix.

alien words ... what are you talking about? :ph34r:

anyway, filesharing is :wank: ... a collector will never be satisfied with mp3s, even those who just want the music and not the original release...

If you're just after the music you could download .wav's. I bet someone has ripped IFO and Transdimensional to .wav.