What to include for Psy radio show?

Feng

Hey guys I'll be running an hour-long weekly psy radio show soon on my uni's radio station and it will be podcasted over internet as well. I'm planning to do a psy/ambient/chillout liveset - featuring psychedelic music and some obscure electronic, with probably a segment introducing a classic psy tune and a new release. Gig info will probably be also included if there are gigs around the area. If I can get access to recorded interviews from psy artists, I might also consider putting them on a fortnightly basis.

I'm seeking advice from you guys here as to what other things I could include as part of the show to make it more interesting and more accessible to people. (Most people here don't listen to psy anyway) Anyone with experience in radio broadcasting, I'd also appreciate it if you could let me know some of the things to consider when running such a show.

Thanks

I've attended to a couple of shows like that.

LOTS of music interrupted by:

- Artists/labels interviews

- New releases reviews/chatting

- Some chronicle about what'up in your country or the world of psy (rumours, etc)

- Parties planner and upcoming festivals for the summer

- Psytrance on the internet (sites to watch out at the moment)

- A debate about music styles or the future of the movement, the money around it, drugs, etc (but you have to prepare it carefully)

Well - you could pick a few less challenging tracks ie. melodic/mainstream. Would perhaps increase the amount of listeners. :)

do you think its advisable to play psy remixes of "mainstream" tracks to make it more accessible?

do you think its advisable to play psy remixes of "mainstream" tracks to make it more accessible?

You're there to entertain right? :)

I would think that hardly any of the listeners are ol' grumpy connoiseurs who get mad when hearing a pop track gone psy. Quite the opposite actually. And it doesn't even have to be a remix of pop track to be accessible. Something like Astral Projection does the trick just as well.