Greatest chillout/ambient?

buzzman

Guest deffect

Trollz in Dub, Shulman, Pan Electric, Pitch Black, The Peaking Goddes Collective, VA - Oxycanta and Oxycanta Winter Blooms, VA - Albedo, Zero Cult, Astropilot and all others mentioned are :wub:

D-Clock - D-Clock(B-Side)

Simply the best chillout album I've ever heard. It's actually a mixed compilation of tracks from 2002-2003, but excellent nonetheless. I still haven't found anything else like it :(

Wow, amazing!!! Love the "acoustic music" feeling with guitars and stuff on top of the electronics.. Very nice

Secede and bluetech!!!! Beautiful stuff.. Don't like the beatless tracks though, gets a little to boring... Maybe i just need some ajustments, i don't know..

But again thanks, this is more than i was hoping for :)

And why do some of you keep recommending me shulman?? Hehe.. But thanks anyways

So far, Androcell, solar fields, Distant system, Asura and Ott is REALLY working out for me, still have loads to check out!

Can't get over how awsome this genre is, probably the most beautiful, relaxing de-stressing, entrancing music i have ever listened to! I am grateful for the fine recommendations!

If you like them then be sure to check Aes Dana, Rena Jones, Carbon Based Lifeforms and Celtic Cross. Some of the best brain massage music ever :)

And if you like ott then pick up slackbaba's and the beat goes om. little more upbeat than ott, but awesome nonetheless

If you like them then be sure to check Aes Dana, Rena Jones, Carbon Based Lifeforms and Celtic Cross. Some of the best brain massage music ever :)

And if you like ott then pick up slackbaba's and the beat goes om. little more upbeat than ott, but awesome nonetheless

Aes Dana and CBL i allready know, but i will check out the other you mentioned! Thanks :)

Aes Dana and CBL i allready know, but i will check out the other you mentioned! Thanks :)

Love Rena Jones' album & the Celtic Cross album.

Check out Native State Compilations Left Coast Liquid Vol 1, Bioluminessence & Beneath the Surface for some idea for good artists. You might like the Ultimae Comps Fahrenheit series & Albedo ;)

Banco De Gaia

Shpongle (check tales of the inexpressible)

Ott (Blumenkraft!)

Younger Brother, their last album is too good, check the song All I want (with sample from Salvador Dali)

The Orb

Shulman

and like sbdy said: K&D Sessions from Kruder and Dorfmeister; too good!!

Banco De Gaia

Shpongle (check tales of the inexpressible)

Ott (Blumenkraft!)

Younger Brother, their last album is too good, check the song All I want (with sample from Salvador Dali)

The Orb

Shulman

and like sbdy said: K&D Sessions from Kruder and Dorfmeister; too good!!

People just keep recommending shulman hey?

Has nobody read the original post?

People just keep recommending shulman hey?

Has nobody read the original post?

:lol:

Yeah, some of the recommendations are pretty far from what i'm looking for... Some ain't even ambient.. But doesn't matter, i found a good bunch of albums i like :)

Rena Jones sounds pretty sweet, will deffinatly give it a try, thanks

I'm pretty confident that discovering quality ambient-nature music would take forever. You'd never know how many outstanding projects still out there; you would never know if you have already reached the ultimate point in your favourite music, or it's still there waiting until you discover it. And that's the great thing about underground music, since ambient, basically, is in a major part still relatively an underground division of music (I'm talking about real psychedelic/experimental/intelligent type of ambient, rather than of various kind of new age'ish and other orthodox publicly renowned projects, like Vangelis, etc).

I'm personally currently looking for some dark nature ambient music. Quality material of this genre is relatively rare; I think I'd hardly be able to highlight even a couple of projects, as I haven't yet reached them, basically.

Here's some interesting almost unknown amateur project I discovered while back:

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=18034

Most notable tracks for me are "Kaamos" and "...blabla..something... Kehto" (excuse my finnish :)). It's just what I'm currently looking for in ambient music - deep, dark and intelligent sound; so discovering this project was like a revelation to me, like "here it is, finally!".

Right now there's another underground project I'm badly missing:

http://www.discogs.com/release/375059

http://www.discogs.com/release/861337

So called, Tugend. There's a note for the first album: "first edition limited to 100 copies.

second edition released with different artwork cover.", which only adds more value and importance for such releases to have in your collection.

A lot of interesting projects are underground. Discovering them is like fever - you never know what size of nugget you grab with your pickaxe. I love it.

you should try Amberdelic Space

or this one

lovely ambient compilations with many different good ambient artists

further on i can also recommend Xingu Hill - Maps of the Impossible

which can be legally downloaded from the Hushush-vault (hushush = canadian label)

if you're looking for chillout

Smoke City is quite nice

and Morcheeba

will post another one if i new things pop in my head ;)