Greatest chillout/ambient?

buzzman

Whats up psynews, back from the US to annoy y'all :)

On my trip i have been listening to some ambient music.. Alot of ambient actually.. It's giving me something that i havent bin getting from any other music i have ever listened to, don't know why it took so long for me to understand.. But anyways, im wandering if anyone could recommend me some nice ambient/chill... I like stuff like CBL, Ott, younger brother and so on, where there is slow drumrythms in it... I don't like stuff like Shulman where there is to much noize and the drums are sounds like they are out of sync, like theres no flow in the rythm, so you can't tell what tempo the track is if you know what i mean(maybe it's just me who don't "feel the vibe" though, but hope you know what i mean)

Nut know you know a little about my taste, please help me find some treasures :)

solar fields , aes dana , ishq , androcell , distant system , asura , kuba , omnimotion , bluetech , anahata , blue pilots project is all you need. happy listening. :)

Actually, UTFSE idea is bullshit in this case - new people come to psynews all the time so the responses to this "best chillout" thread may be totally different than the ones that Buzzman would find by UingTFSE...

For instance, I can recommend highly Khooman "A Flexible Liquid" whereas a couple weeks ago I'd never heard of it...

It's always people with like, a gajillion posts too that get grumpy about others posting common or oft repeated topics...

But that doesn't mean you need to open a new topic for it, does it? Personally, I'd love to see all recommendations in one big topic... now it's all scattered; 20 topics with 5 replies < 1 topic with tons of replies and recommendations. The thing is: all these topics are the same and so are most recommendations.

UTFSE ?!! enlighten please :rolleyes:

I think it means "use the f...ing search" :P:D

Yes, we have a lot of ambient threads. But I think that's cool ... shows that people still care about that stuff.

If you want to bypass the issue of always somebody posting "recommendations for xyz"-requests you could establish master threads for genre recommendations (but then always somebody will come up with a special question) or a music map system - like gnoosic's one: http://www.music-map.de/ - but for psy/ambient only.

How about that idea actually?

abakus

aes dana

androcell

asura

bleutech

canartic

carbon b lifeforms

cell

celtic cross

crystal sound

cosmic tantra

divinorum

emou

galaxy

gaudi bass

gift culture

inca spirit

kick bong

ooze

mystical sun

ott

Phutureprimitive

shen

shulman

sideliner

slackbaba

son of the light

the infinity project

the mistery of the yeti I & II

fahrenheit project compilations

tripswitch

troum

chillum compilations

peace therapy volume 1 & 2

Vishnudata

welder

waterjuice

xanaproject

zero cult

sphongle

entheogenic

younger brother

etc...

if u like to look into labels and u want simple beats? Shulman randomness? (well I haven't had the same feeling about that, so I might not quite understand what u mean exactly)...

but try

Ajana Records

a magical journey 1 & 2 maybe a good start?

Celestial Dragon Records

where Distant System and Androcell would be a good place to start.

Ultimae (obviously)

Liquid Sound Design

VA -Butterfly Dawn, Tripswitch, Abakus would be good places to start.

well I hope its to some use!

ED:

just one more ;)

Electrik Dream Records

Cosmik Chill - Red is the perfect place to start, an awesome compilation!

Just about all of the ones from within the psy scene have been covered already, but heres a couple from outside it that have quite a nice psychedelic vibe ;):

Future Sound of London: Dead Cities, Lifeforms, ISDN

The Orb: UForb, Adventures beyond the ultraworld

The KLF- Chill Out

Kruder & Dorfmeister- The K&D sessions (not exactly that psychedelic but one of the greatest chillout albums ever IMO)

Just about all of the ones from within the psy scene have been covered already, but heres a couple from outside it that have quite a nice psychedelic vibe ;) :

Future Sound of London: Dead Cities, Lifeforms, ISDN

The Orb: UForb, Adventures beyond the ultraworld

The KLF- Chill Out

Kruder & Dorfmeister- The K&D sessions (not exactly that psychedelic but one of the greatest chillout albums ever IMO)

+1

let's add "boards of canada" :)

Oh no! Not another "best Chillout" topic!

UTFSE!!!!

The problem IMO is not the number of people opening threads asking for recommendations but that most replies don't really follow the request. People just recommend their favourites over and over again regardless if it fits the description asked for by the topic starter. For example Buzzman stated that he doesn't not like Shulman's style yet shulman has been recommended in this topic :ph34r:

if u like to look into labels and u want simple beats? Shulman randomness? (well I haven't had the same feeling about that, so I might not quite understand what u mean exactly)...

I think he means that Shulman is glitchy & glitchy it is :clapping:

great recommendations by the way, I'd second those as well as Native State Records :D

+1

let's add "boards of canada" :)

+1000! boc ftw!

The problem IMO is not the number of people opening threads asking for recommendations but that most replies don't really follow the request. People just recommend their favourites over and over again regardless if it fits the description asked for by the topic starter. For example Buzzman stated that he doesn't not like Shulman's style yet shulman has been recommended in this topic :ph34r:

You are so right about that! The usual problem :ph34r:

I think he means that Shulman is glitchy & glitchy it is :clapping:

great recommendations by the way, I'd second those as well as Native State Records :D

Oh I see... and yes glitchy is very nice'sa!

doh! how could I forget native state??! well maybe it is kinda glitchy... ahhh no its not :P

(and thanks mate :))

• 2 weeks later...

just to add few..

Dream Lab

Marco Torrance

Ailo

Astropilot - emmm...maybe it's upbeat !

Capsula

Cardamar

Chilled C'quence

Easily Embarrassed

En Voice

Flooting Grooves - again maybe it's upbeat !!!

Hoopy Frood

Ibojima

International Peoples Gang

Kilowatts

Kuba

Liquid Stranger

M-sphere

Pan Electric

Pete Ardron

Puff Dragon

Rena Jones

Saafi Brothers

Sundial Aeon

Ten Madison

Xerxes

302 Acid

...and anything else mentioned before

with emphasize on Ultimae....ANYTHING from Ultimae !!!!

I posted a list like this recently, so I'll just copy and paste, with a few minor edits since you don't want completely abstract stuff....

Another Fine Day - Life Before Land

Bola - Soup

Drøn - Homeworld

Future Sound Of London - Lifeforms

Gel-Sol - 1104

Global Communication - 76:14

Guardner - Paris Can't Wait

Gus Till - Electric Oceans

Ishvara - Magik Square of the Sun

JFC - Chrome De Lux

Norman Feller - Frameless Structure

The Orb - Orblivion

Ott - Blumenkraft

Nodens Ictus - Spacelines

Saafi Brothers - Liquid Beach

Thank you all so much for enlightening me :)

So far, Androcell, solar fields, Distant system, Asura and Ott is REALLY working out for me, still have loads to check out!

Can't get over how awsome this genre is, probably the most beautiful, relaxing de-stressing, entrancing music i have ever listened to! I am grateful for the fine recommendations!