Bioshift - ArpOscilloSeq

Bioshift

I can see you are really tying to push yourself with your music making. I think thats awesome. Its the only way we can grow as artists, when we try to challenge ourselves.

Ok, so I think a lot of the melodies are very cool. The sounds and the composition in general is very dark and atmospheric which is nice.

I would work a little on arrangement... ( this can be very difficult and takes several years of practice )

and definitely try and improve the mixing ( this can be done in two years flat, if one focuses )

totally have to explore things like, pan, compression, more volume balance, less reverb, etc, etc...

Mixing music is damn hard to do unless you have a place to learn it.

I mean, composing music is a lot easier to figure out, cause, its having an ear, reading some music theory. Its very much the art of music.

Mixing music, is a damn science. ( there is a little art to it as well. ) but at the end of the day. its got defined techniques, that are employed, to achieve a certain result.

You want all your sounds to sit in there own space. This goes against the laws of physics really, so when we mix music, " this is the art of it " we mix it so all our sounds sit in there own space.

( here is where you think to yourself, " this dude is not making sense " )

Your right.

but its hard to type it all out.

I will give more feedback with your next work, but hopefully this is pretty good for now.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Thanks For The Replies.

I Understand You Waveshapist When You Say The Sounds Have To Sit In There Own Space,

I Have Listened To Other Artists And Have Noticed That A Lot Of Them Do That Same Technique.

I Will Try This In My Next Project And See If I Can Work With It.

BTW:

Every Time I Open FL I Always Start Something Totally From Blank Sequencer So, This Is A Good Method To Get New Ideas Out In The Open, But I Have So Many other Projects That Are Unfinished Or Just Started Because I Don't Always Get Enough Time To Finish Them. BUMMER I KNOW! :lol:

I Will Try To Get To It As Soon As I Can.

Thanks Again.

You Might Like The Next One Up So Keep An Eye Out!

Hey, man, will you just stop beginning every word with a capital letter? It's a bit hard to read what you're writing.

BTW, when giving each sound its own space: try to focus on choosing sounds that don't interfere with each other. Use the EQ to fine tune these sounds, subtly. The only radical cut you should have to make is a low cut below the lowest fundamental on each instrument (usually not needed with VST synths though, because those generate pure tones).

This will give you a more believable, less artificial sound. Good to know, even if you're going for synth stuff. Especially if you want to get those great atmospheres, which seems to be your thing.

Good luck.

Again, as with your other efforts, I believe you have many good ideas in your work. They just aren't fully realized.

I think you could benefit from slowing down and not pumping out a new song every couple days. Take your time and really perfect your work. Imagine how solid this song would sound after a month or two of tweaking.

Just a thought.