Entheogenic - Flight of the Urubus

Rinpoche

After first listen I'd say 5 or maybe 6 out of 10... to be honest I found it too boring to even listen thru completely. There was some nice stuff, but all in all it was really boring.. I'll give it another chance later :drama:

edit.

Another day, another listen. Not only do I find it boring, but I also find it annoying. Very simple music..

10/10 ?? 9/10 ?? WTF is wrong with you guys :blink:

5/10

actually at first that was excatly what i thought. but for some reason I kept it on my stereo (because i had nothing else), and

for like two weeks I am waking up to the sounds of that album, and I don't know how did it happened now I love it. I still

think some of the tracks are annoying, especially microcondian. but stuff as Urubus and Skullcap, are definitely on my

playlist.

by the way, I got to say that even though I think the new albums have some qualities, good qualities, I still hate them

for some reason. this genre is annoying me, very bad. I don't have this passion to hear the music, but I know it's good.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over hyped average album..

Shut up, Beavis <_<:wub:

Last installment from Entheogenic. Have these boys taken us up and down or what? While I haven’t heard their first two albums (bowing head in shame) I’ve only seen these praised high and low. Personally, I like Dialogue Of The Speakers but with Golden Cap it seemed there was widespread agreement Entheogenic had lost their touch. Even I had issues with Golden Cap.

The more surprisingly Flight Of The Urubus lands. This doesn’t t sound as if it’s been made by a couple of long lost dinosaurs. This has an edge Golden Cap couldn’t dream of and a sinister vibe the ear pleasing Dialogue never attained for.

Sure, I have my issues with Urubus. No matter how many praisals I hear the vocals in Entheogen Spice are a complete turn off in my book. Vocals is such a tricky matter and it just doesn’t do it for me hearing someone pleading “Entheogeeeeniic ooohhhh …”. I’m sorry. I won’t have it. Then again, on closing Itaipava it actually works.

Anyway, Entheogen Spice’s vocals aside everything else delivers. Even the jazzy Rio Barro makes a home-run. I could easily image this in a couch on the chill-out scene at this summers festivals. Fly me to the moon, baby! Vervain is the master piece, though. This is music for before, during, and after sex. Oh, the climax at … oh well, from the beginng. Ever heard of dry orgasms :wank: ?

Alas, Urubus is already much hyped on various websites and these ears can’t oppose the hype. Entheogenic is back with a capital back! Essential chill-out material.

Oh! these fanboys are everywhere...thought they were lurking only on isratrance...

What part of "shut up" don't you understand :huh:

Oh! these fanboys are everywhere...thought they were lurking only on isratrance...

Not quite sure why you would label me fanboy. Didn't I just mention that Golden Cap was a let down :huh: .

Now they're back with a great album a quantum leap from Golden Cap and I think it deserves mention.

You don't like it. Fine. I do.

But I take issues with labelling my opinion fanboy. That's just stupid.

Not quite sure why you would label me fanboy. Didn't I just mention that Golden Cap was a let down :huh: .

Now they're back with a great album a quantum leap from Golden Cap and I think it deserves mention.

You don't like it. Fine. I do.

But I take issues with labelling my opinion fanboy. That's just stupid.

sorry for being harsh :)

sorry for being harsh :)

Perhaps I was a little sensitive <_<

Are you a follower of Entheogenic? If yes, certainly, you must appreciate that they're way more deep and psychedelic this time around. Golden Cap was a journey in, well, to be frank I've only head it a couple of times. It was boring.

Urubus has much more to offer. And as I saw mentioned somewhere it even has potential to cross over. Not that that in itself is any quality. It's not but I think it has both edge and mainstream appeal. Comparing it to Buddha Bar and Cafe del Mar is uncalled for, though.

This is way more edgy.

Well, enough rambling. I'm just very happy the boys from Entheogenic were able to make a come back. Gives hopes to the old bones :ph34r:

Shut up, Beavis <_<:wub:

Last installment from Entheogenic. Have these boys taken us up and down or what? While I haven’t heard their first two albums (bowing head in shame) I’ve only seen these praised high and low. Personally, I like Dialogue Of The Speakers but with Golden Cap it seemed there was widespread agreement Entheogenic had lost their touch. Even I had issues with Golden Cap.

The more surprisingly Flight Of The Urubus lands. This doesn’t t sound as if it’s been made by a couple of long lost dinosaurs. This has an edge Golden Cap couldn’t dream of and a sinister vibe the ear pleasing Dialogue never attained for.

Sure, I have my issues with Urubus. No matter how many praisals I hear the vocals in Entheogen Spice are a complete turn off in my book. Vocals is such a tricky matter and it just doesn’t do it for me hearing someone pleading “Entheogeeeeniic ooohhhh …”. I’m sorry. I won’t have it. Then again, on closing Itaipava it actually works.

Anyway, Entheogen Spice’s vocals aside everything else delivers. Even the jazzy Rio Barro makes a home-run. I could easily image this in a couch on the chill-out scene at this summers festivals. Fly me to the moon, baby! Vervain is the master piece, though. This is music for before, during, and after sex. Oh, the climax at … oh well, from the beginng. Ever heard of dry orgasms :wank: ?

Alas, Urubus is already much hyped on various websites and these ears can’t oppose the hype. Entheogenic is back with a capital back! Essential chill-out material.

I am with SkeletonMan on this one, great release from Entheogenic.

If you havent listened to their first two albums you should, both classics.

This one is different from them but real great, if it werent for Entheogen spice I would give it a 10.

9/10

i dont care for the last track, seems like filler material, the singing to me is awful!!

anyways the majority of the album to me is good, the release is an indepndant release and i believe you get it straight from the source without middleman!! so when you order a copy of the limited edition you are really supporting the artist 90% minus the shipping and materials!!

to me this album sounds like some cosmic leaf sounds for some reason!! im not sure how many of you got this album and a cosmic leaf album, but its the same style of some!! i can tell for some reason!!! anyways it has a nice grove to it and fun to dance trip or chill too!!

7/10

This is a real good release from Entheogenic, I missed their last one and wasnt too much impressed by the reviews, but this one was all over the internet. so I went for it, and I am glad that I did.

Excellent material all the way through, some tracks good, some outstanding, if you are like me and like some psy and some allrounders then dont miss this one!

9/10

Great stuff from Entheogenic.

Has been stuck in my CD player for two weeks in a row.

Much delighted by the new trucks and vibe.

Good tunes for summer to come.

:posford: :posford: :posford: