Araras

Entheogen Spice

Microcondian

Urubus

Vervain

Fellowship

Rio Barra

Itaipava

Entheogenic have been around for some time now & are seen as an important influence in the Psy-Scene ! their debut album was almost perfect [typical debut playful stuff].. their second album ''Spontaneous Illumination'' IMO is perfect - timeless... but the 3rd & 4th seemed to have lacked the same integrity & intensity... So ''Flight of the Urubus'' was always going to be an interesting release to see what happens next....

So, insert CD - press play & inhale...

Skullcap:

Fantastic opening track, very melodic & driving through the hyper-dimension.. a real journey begins to unravel with lots of interesting FX, dubby bass lines & powerful melodies..

Very entheogenic track especially with the water intro... Great starter for things to come

Trara:

Quite a long build up with this one... but eventually rolls out into a very funky phat kicking break-beat tune with very strong melodies.. a real stomper

Araras:

Similar feel to the previous track, but more subtle & melodic.. great tune this ! really dig the drums & bass in this & it all flows along beautifully twisting & turning

Entheogen Spice:

Nice intro.. very intense beginning with synths etc.. & then breaks out into acoustic guitars & singing !!!! the guitar work here is superb & the singing is soft & provocative... very imaginative song is this... again really enjoy the acoustic guitar !

Microcondian:

All albums need consistency & a classic.. this seems to be the classic on the album & maybe a classic tune of all time !!! very intense intro.. typical Entheogenic trademark & then as we love them for - follows a huge melodic synth that seems to go from top to bottom, from sideways to in-ways & backwards to forwards... spine tingling stuff ! ends with a great build up of bass & beats & weird FX... Fantastic Tune is this one - still recovering from it

Urubus:

Again, quite a long build-up... but eventually flows into an orgy of melodies & mind blowing FX - very Psychedelic & emotional

Vervain:

Interesting tune - lovely intro with electric guitars & arpeggios.. a bit samey through-out ! but nice tune.. more subtle than the others...

Fellowship:

Suddenly a complete change in direction... a very jazzy feel to this one & apparently to what I've read somewhere else, this track breaks out into 5/4 - as far as I can tell.. it does !!! which gives it a very interesting feel.. ends with a climax of noise & subtle melodies, reminds me Ju Ju Space Jazz... quality tune

Rio Barra:

This is a lovely timeless tune with a very cuban salsa feel to it... very laid back, lots of nice guitar & beats - different to the rest of the album, but fits very well with the whole theme of the album

Itaipava:

Great Intro... another double bass, bass line with a Plaid like feel here - & then it flows into acoustic guitars & very powerful singing !!!! this is a beautiful track which for sure will make any gurner & grinder twitch & implode - but for those enlightened & colorful minds out there.. this will certainly make the hairs stand up on ones back & even make them cry !!! I'm not sure who is singing here [male] but it is very original & emotional... another classic !

I did not have great hopes for this album... but this has been completely exceeded - this is for sure a classic album which will go far beyond the Psy scene ! it definitely shows much maturity from Entheogenic, but still carries that innocent feeling that most music today seems to lack ! not really sure if this is chill-out music as some of it is stomping - but it is for sure pure mind food & will please trippers & lovers & all walks of life for years to come... Entheogenic have delivered another very shamanic album here which is great relieve & I very look forward to having some beautiful trips with this album... enjoy

8/10

Favourites - 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a masterpiece...

entheogenic has proved himself again...

this is what I was waiting for...

keeping their concept but improving/changing it again,

together with the first two releases the best ones...

good work :)

I think I said it already, I love this album!

I was hoping for new stuff from Entheogenic, and they delivered!

Brilliant album, different grown stuff from Entheogenic this time. They have taken their sound to a different new level, and it rocks.

Very happy about this one.

A big yes to that!

I just had my first listening and it is brilliant!

I was a bit scared to order it, since their last album wasnt much to my taste, didnt take me very far, but this is a whole different dimension. Nothing recicled, basically they took what they had going so much further.

Its more hypnotic then anything I have lsistened to lately, or for a long time that is.

Made my day!

Well having it now for two weeks or so and appreciating it even more.

It seems like this is a wonderful album based on what I've read. But I don't blindly buy products like most people. Why is this album not on saikosounds and/or psyshop like the others? Can someone post samples? Are their any available? I think that would be a great help for many people who are on the fence about purchasing this from... their site alone?

It seems like this is a wonderful album based on what I've read. But I don't blindly buy products like most people. Why is this album not on saikosounds and/or psyshop like the others? Can someone post samples? Are their any available? I think that would be a great help for many people who are on the fence about purchasing this from... their site alone?

maybe you write to psyshop and ask, on discogs it says limited edition, what if they only sell those?

You guys where right, this is great different cooking from Entheogenic and I absolutely dig it!

The first track already worth having the album - Skull Cap is so fu_* yummy so are Trara - Microcondian and fellowship.

All the rest makes for good listening. Not one track I dont like, thats pretty rare.

No doubt the most awaited, and then most talked about album of late. The internet is full of talks and reviewxs on this.

One thing is sure, it gets everybody`s attention, you can`t leave it alone, even artists cant leave it alone, some going to great length to rant about it.

It just shows that these two guys have the ability to get everybody`s attention, and that`s already one thing that sets them apart from the rest.

To the music, I do like it!

It is not as profound a journey as - Entheogenic ¡ or Spontaneous Illumination, it is more on a slightly lighter positive line. The quality is very good, some compositions might be called more mature then their older tracks. Microcondian is probably their best track to date.

It`s a great summer release, a bit early maybe.

Its fun, its quality, its just great music.

After first listen I'd say 5 or maybe 6 out of 10... to be honest I found it too boring to even listen thru completely. There was some nice stuff, but all in all it was really boring.. I'll give it another chance later :drama:

edit.

Another day, another listen. Not only do I find it boring, but I also find it annoying. Very simple music..

10/10 ?? 9/10 ?? WTF is wrong with you guys :blink:

5/10

:clapping: Great album :clapping:

I Really like this album !

I've listed to it twice and the album sudenly grows on you in a very possitive direction.

Safe purchase if you ask me !

After first listen I'd say 5 or maybe 6 out of 10... to be honest I found it too boring to even listen thru completely. There was some nice stuff, but all in all it was really boring.. I'll give it another chance later :drama:

edit.

Another day, another listen. Not only do I find it boring, but I also find it annoying. Very simple music..

10/10 ?? 9/10 ?? WTF is wrong with you guys :blink:

5/10

thank god...i thought something was wrong with my ears...

Ok so my patience ran out and I downloaded this album since it never seems to arrive in my mailbox. After 2 listens I cans ay to all of you who thinks they have gone back to something more like their old sound will be greatly disappointed. If Golden Cap tried to do something different this is even one step further in that direction. I don't know what to think about this album, sometimes it's very psychedelic other times not at all. Sometimes it sounds almost as lounge music, and I come to think of the Mar.Y Tierra compilations. There are indeed very good tracks and also som lesser good, still it's obviously a great album. And I need yet to have more listens before I can do any final judgment. But what I can do is for all you people having you're hopes way up high after all the positive feedback plz try to take it down a bit. It's not nearly as good as people are saying here. Maybe bcs that why I haven't gotten into it yet but it's always better not having so high expectations, one thing is for sure it cannot match what they did in their 2 first albums.

At first listen I was a bit complexed, didnt expect this. But I have to admit now, I really really love this album. It is rich and huge and shows musical abilities I havent detected before.

Maybe not as Psycedelic as Spontaneous Illumination, but I like it even better. Cant put it into any category, it transcence many directions, all in great style.

I would even say the best Entheogenic album, and one of the best chill releases eva.

10/10

I would even say the best Entheogenic album, and one of the best chill releases eva.

I would suggest that maybe you try to get your hands on the thousand of Chill Out Buddha Bar Shiva Lounge Goa Beach Cafe Del Mar compilations cos that's pretty much what this album sounds like..

Or maybe I

downloaded

the wrong album :unsure:

At first listen I was a bit complexed, didnt expect this. But I have to admit now, I really really love this album. It is rich and huge and shows musical abilities I havent detected before.

Maybe not as Psycedelic as Spontaneous Illumination, but I like it even better. Cant put it into any category, it transcence many directions, all in great style.

10/10

damn good album imho

I wouldnt go as far as giving it a 10/10 but its a good album.

They left the indian samples behind and changed their sound. They show some courage into exploring other styles also their own singing adds flavour here and there.

My favorites : 1, 2, 5, 6, 9

9/10

This is arguably the best album in a while. It's positive, fun, sometimes dark, twisted, interesting... definitely different from what we are used to hear from Entheogenic. The beats are very cool and then again its a different couragious release. They have broken the mold, have set a new mark. No weonder there is so much talk about it.

Skullcap is a gorgeous psychedlic downtempo track !

Trara another psychedelic beauty!

Microcondian cant put it into a box but its totally owesome!

Urubus is another great one.

The others are not that psychedelic but none the less great material Vervain, reminded me of some Radiohead intro.

I would give it a 9/10 but have really nothing to compare it too.

Very good release from Entheogenic, some of it is powerful and yet calm, some psychedelic, and some just nice chill.

Flight of the Urubus has much more variety then earlier releases, some of Entheogenic´s best tracks yet.

Two thumbs up!