Traffick Jam - Pittsburgh, PA - 4.11.08

djmeghan

Posted Image

We are proud to announce Traffick Jam, a benefit event for the Project to End Human Trafficking, a local non-profit organization based out of Carlow University. Their website can be found here:

http://www.endhumantrafficking.org

There is also ample information available from other websites and from me [Jaime Turek] if anyone would like more information on the cause [punkisphun@gmail.com].

When: Friday April 11th

Time: 9pm-2am

Cost: $10 minimum donation

Where: Anthony's

950 Ohio River Blvd

Pittsburgh, PA 15202

Who: 21+

Now really, WHO:

DJ Meghan (Goahead/Psylicious/Xcience) vs. Eryn Evans (Sinister Movement, Phoenix Management, B.A.D. ASS) [Psytrance]

DJ 7UP (Steel City Funk) w/ live percussion by percussionist/DJ Anthony Fugate [House]

Matt Monroe vs. Paul Alexander (Humanaut) [Tech House/Techno]

Jason Cuban (Full House Productions) vs. Brandon Andrews (Cool House Collective) [Tech House/Techno]

Sean Kramer (B.A.D. Ass) [Progressive]

DJ Kip Collins (AMPM) [Progressive]

Sound and Lights by BigB

Some people suggested that I give some information about what I do so here I go. I go to grad school for international development and my major is human security. I focus on human trafficking and plan to pursue a career in that field once I graduate. I am currently volunteering for this organization and will be interning with them over the summer. They have a very small staff but are trying to expand. I have planned this event with the help of my boyfriend and 100% of the ticket sales go directly to the organization. Myself and the DJs are doing this soley to raise money for this cause. Now some info on human trafficking:

The trafficking of human beings is the recruitment, transportation, harbouring, or receipt of people for the purpose of exploitation. It is estimated to be a $5 to $9 billion-a-year industry. Trafficking victims typically are recruited using coercion, deception, fraud, the abuse of power, or outright abduction. Threats, violence, and economic leverage can often make a victim consent to exploitation.

Exploitation includes forcing people into prostitution or other forms of sexual exploitation, forced labour or services, slavery or practices similar to slavery, servitude or the removal of organs. For children, exploitation may also include forced prostitution, illicit international adoption, trafficking for early marriage, or recruitment as child soldiers, beggars, or for religious cults.

I'd be more than happy to supply anyone with more information upon request. I don't want to write a book on here.