Engrish psytrance-releases

pr0fane

This must be one of the worst cases yet: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/DVDs/yab/yab2dv006.html

Some examples:

"...is including DVD that put full details without remaining, and CD that is compiled in many killer tracks..."

"If you take and watch, you seems to become too happy summer, you will feel dear summer."

Looks like a babelfish-translation to me. Discuss.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dej/dej1cd014.html

70 minutes digital and analog impulses do ultrafast paranormal connection with another one reality. Ultraviolet sun, digital matrix cod is on the ocean water and nothing usual! People can fly! People can fly on the plane with the jet engine!

Rofl I love the promotion text of Dominator Project.

I feel some kind of paranoic euphoria in those sentences...makes me laugh like a hysterical madman.

Especially when they do the People Can Fly Jet Engine XD...

Wow.... I am almost 90% sure that Yabai label isn't a babel fish translation, but at least they tried ^^;.

Being an English teacher in Japan I would agree that it probably isn't a babel fish translation. After awhile here you tend to be able to notice "Japanese" English mistakes fairly easily.

Bwahahaha :lol:

Incredible!

Is it only in our scene, that promo texts for releases are THAT engrished?

• 5 weeks later...

Actually when I listen to the samples I feel this rigid unusual music really could make me fly on the airplane with the jet engine, I liked it :)

• 1 month later...

Engrish Psy trance? The master is back! Slum's got a new album out and as usual, he completely embraces Engrish for every song title. :posford:

& here is the release notes

The difference society of all parts of the world ,The base push up, The top to flat! This is japanese most important an ideology psytrance artist [sLUM]fs 2nd album. Sound is very psychedelic and strong style. The music is characterised FULL-ON, DARK FULL-ON, DARK and MORNING all mix very psychedelic and very strong by uplifting bass-lines, aggressive riffs and speedy strong sound.

Great track-titles by that Slum guy. Who can forget memorable tracks like "Get close behind men only of pretense", "Sneak, beneath my notice" and - my favourite - the aptly titled "Why you have my beer? No problem" :lol:

Great track-titles by that Slum guy. Who can forget memorable tracks like "Get close behind men only of pretense", "Sneak, beneath my notice" and - my favourite - the aptly titled "Why you have my beer? No problem" :lol:

If you ever met Shuji somehow his track titles would make more sense.... well maybe not make more sense, but be more fitting. He is more or less the same in person. I remember the summer before last he played after me at an event and was pounding on the table his gear was set up on so hard it collapsed. Doing what any proper artist would do, he got someone from the staff to hold up the table on the side with the broke legs and then continues to pound on it as hard as before. I also recall him grumbling later on that later that set he threw his underwear out into the crowd (he has been know to expose himself on occasion during live sets) and then was upset that someone made off his with undies and never gave them back afterwards. Good guy, but in his own little world at times (I mean that in the best possible way).