The Core - I Awake

Artist: I Awake

Album: The Core

Label: Ultimae

Format: Deluxe Digipack

Posted Image

The guys at Ultimae are not getting any rest it seems (better for us :ph34r: ). Another solid release coming late April, from a to me unknown artist Thomas Huttenlocher (it's funny with all these Swedish artists with very foreign names :)).

After listening to samples I can say this is top quality release, definitely worth buying even without having heard samples. Though I must say that I don't feel this is in the league of earlier releases like CBL, Solar Fields or Asura. More like a good album that still is going to play alot in you're cd player as another recent Ultimae release Hol Baumann - Human (ofc this is not a final judgement since only samples are available atm).

Label release info:

Stockholm based ambient downtempo producer Thomas Huttenlocher aka I AWAKE follows up his digital Ep release [ Birth ] with a full length album [ The Core ] out late April.

Built as a journey of audio neural beauty through organic microcosms, electronic vortexes, deep, tribal beats and vast soundscapes, the album takes us on a pilgrimage of sounds, with scents of parallel lives, glimpses of the future and overlapping, coexisting dimensions.

A superfine blend of psychedelic spurs, groovy bass lines and catchy melodies composed with the collaboration of Krister Linder, Fredrik Lundberg, Tara Avi and Planet Boelex.

As a film soundtrack producer, I AWAKE is one of the key figures of Ghostfriend, a Swedish underground movement of creators with a "peculiar devotion to the present and

strong love for the innermost".

For the first time in Ultimae's history of releases, the artwork was created by famous digital artist and designer David Vineïs aka Sub88.

Mastering by Huby Sea & Vincent Villuis.

Tracklisting:

1.One

2.Complete Garden (Eternal forest edit)

3.Constellation of the Heart (native edit)

4.Neveritized

5.New Time Nomads (Bass edit)

6.Reclaim

7.Leaving the known (featuring Planet Boelex)

8.Unleashed

9.Rebreath

10.Journey

11.Inferno (featuring Krister Linder)

12.Reflecting Impulses

13.Radical Marble City

Samples can be found here! Samples

The samples sound really good :)

The cover looks great, I hope ultimae don't change their cover art to any other style, just as I hope they don't change their musical style. If all the music sounds the same to you then don't bother with the label anymnore. Sure the music is a style of it's own but each release has it's own intracate nuance that make it really good for someone who really listens to their music. If you are a casual listener you should probably not bother with artists or labels that keep their styles the same as you will always be disappointed with the lack of variety because the variety is all in the deeper levels.

:D

The samples sound really good :)

The cover looks great, I hope ultimae don't change their cover art to any other style, just as I hope they don't change their musical style. If all the music sounds the same to you then don't bother with the label anymnore. Sure the music is a style of it's own but each release has it's own intracate nuance that make it really good for someone who really listens to their music. If you are a casual listener you should probably not bother with artists or labels that keep their styles the same as you will always be disappointed with the lack of variety because the variety is all in the deeper levels.

:D

Well spoken my dear padawan :lol:

You know what is funny though - I actually quite like most all Ultimae music - just listened to the Hol Baumann album today and really liked it (track 4 is fantastic!) - I liked the recent Asura and CBL albums too... The Fahrenheit series is one of my favorite compil sets as well...

However, despite that I very much like most all music released on Ultimae, I'm afraid I'll have to look elsewhere for really fresh, innovative, and groundbreaking releases...

You know what is funny though - I actually quite like most all Ultimae music - just listened to the Hol Baumann album today and really liked it (track 4 is fantastic!) - I liked the recent Asura and CBL albums too... The Fahrenheit series is one of my favorite compil sets as well...

However, despite that I very much like most all music released on Ultimae, I'm afraid I'll have to look elsewhere for really fresh, innovative, and groundbreaking releases...

Solar Fields - Leaving Home is to me the most groundbreaking musical composition ever made! In my subjective view ofc, so look no further!

Well, fair enough, I haven't heard that album so maybe I'll include it in my next order - the samples I heard when it came out though sounded very boring...

A I see it there are no "tracks" on leaving home, it's a journey and some tracks build up for 5 minutes slowly slowly. I can definitely understand people finding it boring, but I don't think they are trying hard enough while listening. It's a journey through life in 80 minutes! :posford: And ofc it helps trippin to it :unsure:

Leaving home is an outstanding album.

The problem with samples is that it is the ultimate shallow listen so you'll miss a lot of great deep music by going on an initial boredom from the samples

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest D N H

Tracklisting:

1.One

2.Complete Garden (Eternal forest edit)

3.Constellation of the Heart (native edit)

4.Neveritized

5.New Time Nomads (Bass edit)

6.Reclaim

7.Leaving the known (featuring Planet Boelex)

8.Unleashed

9.Rebreath

10.Journey

11.Inferno (featuring Krister Linder)

12.Reflecting Impulses

13.Radical Marble City

Very nice titles, really inspired and inspiring/trippy.

If the music of the whole album is so and expressing the concepts, then it is an audio poetry...

It will be great i hope...

This is something that will need some time & focus I think.

Gave it a feel casual listens & didn't think much of it but that's usually how I fare with ultimae. Initially I don't get it but then it gets under my skin like a delicious disease.