Vertical (finnish night time psytrance)

Vertical is 23 years old Joonas Lehtinen from Finland and has been producing electronic music since 1998. In 2002 he got interested in psychedelic trance so soon after he started to produce some of his own. Today his project Vertical aims to make the dancefloor in the forest (or indoors) go crazy at night.

http://www.myspace.com/verticalhome

joonaslehtinen@hotmail.com

hey man. i really dig the unnamed 08 track. sound is pretty good. i'm about half way through mirror scissors. dope track, but i have some input. it sounds to me like the bass is a bit to loud. i'm wearing my sony's just to let you know. maybe cut the db's a bit and tweak the freq. i think the kick and the bass together are creating a bit of distortion. maybe check freq ranges to make sure no conflicts. also if it were me, i would boost the level of the snare, and hit a bit more mid and hi range. just to give it a little more snap and pop! anyway, just my opinion.i hope this helps. really good stuff.

thanks for your comments, my room isnt that ideal for mixing cos i've really done nothing to kill the reflections and other frequency distorsions and im using dynaudio bm6a for mixing. i tend to boost the low end a bit too much which is propably because of the acoustics of my room, i should use more PAZ analyzer :)

looking forward to move in to a proper studio acoustics :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...