Trance parties = rubbish dumps ?

Roberdo303

Posted Image

What does Trance mean for you?

Some call it a special state of mind. Some others speak about it as a music style. And again some others claim it to be a whole lifestyle. What is your opinion: What does Trance mean for you? What is the most characteristic about our scene? What differs it from all other scenes? And especially: What is it that makes you loving or perhaps also hating this scene and this style of electronic music?

Share your treasures! Contribute to the global trance network and tell the world: What does trance mean for you? Submit one piece of media which represents your attitude: Is it a certain photo? Or did you write a short story or a poem? Perhaps its even your brandnew track or painting? No matter what, the new version of Chaishop.com enables you to submit your own

content more easy than ever before. If you can handle a simple word processor- you can handle Chaishop!

As an additional incentive a jury will select the 3 most extraordinary contributions:

1st price: 50 CDs from the Chaishop headquarters archive- including the last 10 years of trance history

2nd price: 2 Tickets for BOOM festival 2008

3rd price: 50 packages Ultra Eco transparent papers

How to submit your contribution:

1) Browse www.chaishop.com

2) Click “register” right below the Chaishop logo on the right side. Fill out the form to get your account.

3) Check your mails for confirmation. Sometimes the confirmation mail may have landed in your spam folder.

4) Now you can log in! Click “Add content” and… here we go!

5) The form works just like word or a similar program. You can chose different fonts, sizes, insert links- just check the toolbar at the top. It actually explains itself, its really easy!

6) To upload your pictures please use the browser on the right side. Once uploaded you just have to double click them to insert it into the article.

7) If you want to submit audio material, please send it (or a link) to roberdo [AT] chaishop.com

8) Finally click “Add article”! It will not be published immediately but very soon after you have sent it.

9) Please submit your contribution until April 22nd 2008

Check contributions from other people at http://www.chaishop.com/v4/groupdirectory/22

We are looking forward for your contribution!

Trance parties are indeed rubbish - the majority are aggressive chavs on speed. It's sometimes so much sparkling aggression there the hair on your back stands up. And you have to constantly keep a lookout to right and left to not touch anybody at all costs because that would piss them off resulting in you risking getting beaten up. Awful.

Psytrance parties on the other hand, they are nice :)

You obviously haven't been to any big festivals.

Right, because I get crazy when I listen to that music stuff for too long :P

Trance parties are indeed rubbish - the majority are aggressive chavs on speed. It's sometimes so much sparkling aggression there the hair on your back stands up. And you have to constantly keep a lookout to right and left to not touch anybody at all costs because that would piss them off resulting in you risking getting beaten up. Awful.

I went to a Japanese psytrance festival last summer,(Mother-Space of Sound) and there were these yakuza (mafia) guys beating the shit out of another Japanese guy for having some sort of tatoos on his arm that offended them, it was sad to see at a party. In Japan the mafia has their hand in everything, and psytrance is no exception. Also a few years back in Tokyo I was at a psytrance party and I went to the toilet to take a piss and these yakuza guys were slamming this other Japanese guys head into the wall and there was blood everywhere. They are truelly disgusting people.

I went to a Japanese psytrance festival last summer,(Mother-Space of Sound) and there were these yakuza (mafia) guys beating the shit out of another Japanese guy for having some sort of tatoos on his arm that offended them, it was sad to see at a party. In Japan the mafia has their hand in everything, and psytrance is no exception. Also a few years back in Tokyo I was at a psytrance party and I went to the toilet to take a piss and these yakuza guys were slamming this other Japanese guys head into the wall and there was blood everywhere. They are truelly disgusting people.

Nice company you got there at your parties, mate :rolleyes:

wow, seriously, I've been to a lot of trance & psy-trance parties, indoors, outdoors, for around 10 years and I NEVER saw anything violent in any rave/festivals. I don't know where you saw those kind of people, but I never wanna go there.

Nice company you got there at your parties, mate :rolleyes:

Well of course the majority of people are nice down to earth souls, its just the few really bad apples that ruin the scene for me. When under the influence of any type of drug seeing something like that can ruin your high, it can even bother you deeply as the drugs intensify any feelings.

wow, seriously, I've been to a lot of trance & psy-trance parties, indoors, outdoors, for around 10 years and I NEVER saw anything violent in any rave/festivals. I don't know where you saw those kind of people, but I never wanna go there.

I have been to a trance open air last summer. Paul Van Dyk was coming, so I thought I'd go see him. Well, I witnessed two fights in the middle of the crowd and from one I even got hit as a bystander. Nice, huh? Because you don't only have to look out that you don't bump into anybody, you also gotta keep a lookout if others begin a fight so that you don't get hit by anyone of them. And the music was quite dull and uninspired (I only like the old PvD stuff, but he didn't play any). All in all an experience that I can afford to miss with a smile next time.

Well of course the majority of people are nice down to earth souls, its just the few really bad apples that ruin the scene for me. When under the influence of any type of drug seeing something like that can ruin your high, it can even bother you deeply as the drugs intensify any feelings.

you're right ... that's actually the reason why psytrance parties are quite peaceful, because many people are on some substance and the ones who aren't (mostly) know it and don't make stress. At least in general. I mean yeah, I also occasionally witness a bit of ennerving stuff going on, yeah, but never violence. And it's no comparsion at all to trance parties (from my point of view). I didn't go to that many, but I kinda always was nervous there ... and I felt instantly at home on my first psy party as I saw the contrast.

Still, I wouldn't want to have Yakuza's there. I'm actually happy that in my little country we don't have this kind of violent openfaced mafia stuff. It's there still, but hidden (yep :ph34r: ) and nobody wants stress, you know? That's why you're quite safe here if you know where to go and stay off chavs...

Ever met a hippie who was for real like (s)he thought (s)he was? Hypocrisy, it's everywhere :drama:

It's not about hypocrisy, dear Traveller, it's just about the pure egoisitc fact on which parties I have a cool time ^_^

any big festivals will be rubbish dumps because is very difficult to control big crowds ( especially when alcohol/drugs are involved ). But I must admit psytrance raves/parties are by far the nicest ones ( I guess people are not drunk and don't take "aggressive" drugs ).

You know, sometimes when I read these kinds of things I have to say being gay has its advantages. I've been clubbing for 14 years and I've never seen anything close to a fight or even a scuffle in a gay bar. When it gets crowded in a dance space and you need to move through the crowd, all you have to do it put your hand on someone's shoulder or back and they politely move out of the way most times without even turning to look at you, or if they do it's with a smile. Sure, there's attitude and pretention sometimes, but nothing physical or hardly ever verbal. It's pretty much the same whether it's tame with alcohol being the only poison of choice or if there are other chemicals in the mix.

I finally gave up on big name trance DJs and parties here in Vancouver because the atmosphere feels so different in a these types of straight venues. Here in Vancouver Asian gang members stand on the sidelines of the dancefloor with dark sunglasses and arms crossed. Among the guys in general there's a lot of macho posturing with drunk, pushy agressive people and it's like someone else said here you're afraid to accidentally brush up against someone for fear they'll punch you in the face. You can't ever just be free to be yourself on the dancefloor because you have to watch that either you don't accidentally touch someone's girlfriend or any guy. Lucky or unlucky for me, I'm 6'2" and weigh 225 so I don't get picked on that much. That's just when they're drunk and then around 1:30am or so not only does everyone get drunk, they also get high and then personal space goes to zero and the shoving and pushing begins. I've had people put their hand in my my back and shove to move past me.

It's simply a fact said without prejudice, but there are also typically groups of Asians who all get high and then shove around the club or dance space in packs. They ignore the queue at the bar or washroom and literally shove right to the front, lean in front of your face and order. God only knows how they're connected; so I'd never be stupid enough to say anything to their face. They also have this tradition that in Vancouver rave circles are knows as "swinging circles of death" where they join hands in a ring of people and then literally thrash around like mad all over the dancefloor. I have no idea of the origin or why the reason for this.

The only other types of scenes I've found that are the same as gay clubs is the psytrance scene here in Vancouver. It's small but thriving and on our weekly Friday psytrance night Organix the club is usually packed to the gills with people from all nationalities, walks of life, orientations and ages and it's the same. I've never seen a fight or scuffle.

When it gets crowded in a dance space and you need to move through the crowd, all you have to do it put your hand on someone's shoulder or back and they politely move out of the way most times without even turning to look at you, or if they do it's with a smile.

as far as that part of the scenario, here in SF area i have never seen anything other than what's described above.

other types of clubs and parties have that "did you bump into me" crap, not usually psytrance. More like people give you a little hug or push when you're in their way, and you move, maybe say hello.

i brought one of those type idiots to a party once, before we went in he starts telling me how "he doesn't look for trouble but it finds him"

i explained to him it was NOT going to happen and he better just be a freaking human being and NOT need to fight people for bumping into him, etc.

dude had the time of his life, no troubles.

i kind of am one of those scary dudes who people feel like they have to apologize to when they bump me, i always smile, half the time don't even turn to look who bumped me. Who the heck gets in a huge tight dancing crowd and doesn't expect to get bumped?

Who the heck gets in a huge tight dancing crowd and doesn't expect to get bumped?

yeah, right

You know, I actually hate to get bumped because it lets me drop out of my thoughts, besides that I don't like physical contact. But that's just what I have to expect when dancing in a crowd, so it is impossible to get pissed off about that. I sometimes bump into others aswell, that's just human. Either I stay and take into account that I get bumped now and then or I go, that's the options (and in 90% of the cases I don't even think about that). But never to get angry. How pathetic would that be? If you can't cope with bumping, don't go there...

Oh and +100 for that "put your hand on somebody's back"-technique. I always do it like that, the universally best way to advance peacefully through a crowd of people.

But on these chav trance parties many people are actually there because they are looking for some kind of trouble. It's not that they can't stand getting bumped, but they just want to beat somebody up or pose with their machoness. Add drunken stupor or badly mixed speed or other drug cocktails to that and you have a bunch of pissed off creatures who don't hesitate to get on the nerves of anybody peaceful around. It's like I can feel this in the air when around them. And that makes it so uncomfortable - that and the fact you actually must take care what you do (not bumping into anybody), where you look (don't ever look at the chicks for an instant too long) and what you say (hold your mouth in the toilet queue - or actually don't hold your mouth, because then you face comments like "what's with you asshole, why don't you say anything, think you are too cool for this place or whut?") ... awful...

Oh and forget that universally best technique with the hand on the back ... chavs just think you're gay and wanna fuck with them and that makes 'em pissed off aswell :D