4. E-Mantra - Secret Prophecy | 7:12

5. Aes Dana - Lysistrata | 7:57

6. Asura - Altered State | 7:26

7. SiebZehn - Bongalore and Beyond | 8:11

8. Astral Waves - Contemplation | 9:36

9. Ra - Road To Shiraz | 6:06

CD1 - Uptempo

E-Mantra - Voyager II

Intro with a bang, deep space voyage with ecstatic melodies, sometimes restrained, but one massive track for an opener. It sounds like you're taking off with a space shuttle to an unknown destination in space without a return date. :ph34r:

Shakta - Ten Times Around Then Sun

Hasty uptempo track! This track needs to grow on you for a while to fully appreciate it! A real classic! Pulsating background synths and funky melodies give it a very groovy and catchy feel. No crazy sounds here, nice and laidback playful goa trance. This track won't go out of your head easily!

Filteria - Birds Lingva Franca

Nice uplifting track by Jannis Filteria! Some intense build-ups and melodic swirls make this a very enjoyable journey! A very catchy main lead also.

Artifact303 - Feelings

This is it! This is what it's all about! I got this CD for this track only and was very curious to hear how it turned out in mastering.

This is such a killer melodic track, especially the middle part! The whole feel of this track is very coherent, it's a real beautiful and intense story to go through every time!

Ajna - The Art Of Happiness

Like the 2nd track, hasty uptempo, but laidback melodies, nothing too hectic or ecstatic. A very nice one! Classic sounds and ambiance!

Radical Distortion - The Dreamer

Probably the best track on the album judging on content & mastering. A very crystal clear sounding piece and what kind of!!

This track is the true definition of goa trance itself; fat bass riff, evil atmosphere, ecstatic sounds and organic background soundscapes. Excellent build-ups and the tempo is rather on the slower side which makes it even better!!! This will be remembered longtime!!

Afgin - From The Heart

Wow what's this?? Can it get anymore beautiful??!! It's starts so soft and delicate much like Tribute To the Sun, and it just unfolds and unfolds into the most moving and heartwarming trance song with lush melodic touches and sweeps...

This track is truly very, very special and is worth getting the whole (double)CD for!!! You'll have to hear it to believe it!!!

Ethereal - Moondawn

Soft ending piece, gentle spacey atmosphere and nice strings in the end! Beautiful closure!

so far uptempo, expect downtempo review soon! so far: 9/10 B) !

CD2 - Downtempo

Mindsphere - Frozen Sleep

Wow, what a beginning! Comes on slow, so gentle, so beautiful... the strings make this a really special one! The atmosphere is very heavenly and celestial and everything seems to bath in morning light. The magical freshness of dawn itself. Beatwork is very good in the second part and the song rolls out perfectly! Absolutely stunning track!

Solar Fields - Confusion Illusion Remix

Next is something slightly similar, though in its own distinct solar fields-style. Vocals float around, keeps on building and opening up until the wave breaks and rolls slowly off.

Electrypnose - ChillinBerlin

Next is another favorite!!! Strong melodic work and soft breaks by Vince! The ending is very, very beautiful!

E-Mantra - Secret Prophecy

Mysterious vocals set the mood, floats on until finding itself in a steady beat and beautiful piano and synth riffs! Reminds a bit of the previous song!

Aes Dana - Lysistrata

Then we have something different! Strings take us to strong beats and sharded vocals, a track for those moments you want a dancing tune in the chill out! Very emotional track.

Asura - Altered State

IDM-ish percussions, strong kicks and moving pads in this one! Again a dancing tune but with more power in the pads and synth lines!

SiebZehn - Bongalore And Beyond

Subtle bassriffs and instrumental touches give this a very groovy touch! The break in the middle with the samples is extremely nice and enchanting! Fat saw stabs top it off!

Astral Waves - Contemplation

More grooviness! Though in a very different way! This song feels like walking through the jungle! Very rhythmic driven ethnic percussions and subtle sample use really make the track feel like a vivid safari.

Ra - Road To Shiraz

Very instrumental and slow track! Pure eastern cinematics all the way! Feels like staring into an endless desert somewhere in the Middle East! Asilah!

Stunning finisher!

favs:

CD1: 2,4,6,7

CD2: 1,3,4,7,9

All together a very special and varied double-album! A true must-have! If you're into newschool or into getting into it, get this album!

This album scores a phat 9/10 and is a real gem! Artwork included!

Thank You Suntrip Records!!!

You lucky bastard.

We don't need such a big cover btw. and don't forget to post this review to isratrance.

Thanks for the review :) ABout posting on Isratrance, better wait till you reviewed the ambient side as well :)

Can you describe the style of this CD? Suntrip sounds, for the most part, like a modern version of Etnica, with their trademark overly dense soundscapes. Is this more similar to, say, Transwave, with a little breathing space, or is it densely packed like Etnica or (well duh) Filteria?

Can you describe the style of this CD? Suntrip sounds, for the most part, like a modern version of Etnica, with their trademark overly dense soundscapes. Is this more similar to, say, Transwave, with a little breathing space, or is it densely packed like Etnica or (well duh) Filteria?

The first cd has more various styles this time, the first track is more melodic acidic night style, 2-6 pure dancefloor stuff, more massive, this time more Transwave style for sure instead of Etnica, lots of fat and uplifting melodies (ARtifact, Ajna, SHakta), Afgin is more blisfull astral projection like goa and Ethereal is more softish deep goa...

If you are for the more softish deep stuff the Ra upcimong album will 100% be your style...

Cd 2 has some danceable tracks as well btw (Aes Dana, Asura)

The samples and album is now available on saikosounds and psyshop. Enjoy! :)

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7130

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut2cd010.html

The first cd has more various styles this time, the first track is more melodic acidic night style, 2-6 pure dancefloor stuff, more massive, this time more Transwave style for sure instead of Etnica, lots of fat and uplifting melodies (ARtifact, Ajna, SHakta), Afgin is more blisfull astral projection like goa and Ethereal is more softish deep goa...

If you are for the more softish deep stuff the Ra upcimong album will 100% be your style...

Cd 2 has some danceable tracks as well btw (Aes Dana, Asura)

Sounds great. I think I'll buy this one.

This Compliation is really really great, loved it!

specially the downtempo side.

the uptempo melodic-goa side, is great, loved every track in it, but less then the downtempo side

i'm still waitting that suntrip will release a compilation with some weird-psychedelic-twisted-acid music that will cut my head off, im talking about something in the Green Nuns spirit :D

B.T.W: why on every compiltion u have guys there's leaves and same concept of painting? can't your designer design something else?

This Compliation is really really great, loved it!

specially the downtempo side.

the uptempo melodic-goa side, is great, loved every track in it, but less then the downtempo side

i'm still waitting that suntrip will release a compilation with some weird-psychedelic-twisted-acid music that will cut my head off, im talking about something in the Green Nuns spirit :D

B.T.W: why on every compiltion u have guys there's leaves and same concept of painting? can't your designer design something else?

HEY! That Anoebis' mum you're talking about :angry:

And can't wait to get hold of my copy. Ordering this weekend I hope ... :unsure:

THIS IS AN AMAZING RELEASE! THE BEST OF 2008 I.M.O. WORTH EVERY PENNY! BEYOND HAPPY THAT GOA HAS RETURNED.

Im not disagreeing about this releases greatness, but isnt it a bit early in the year to start judging for the best of 2008?

so so so good. I definitly waited for that one, and im not disapointed. RA is so good... does he going to release some of his stuff soon? I realy loved his track on "twist dreams".

I like mostly the downtempo, it's so good and I heard it all only once, so I can't imagine how im going to love it after like two weeks. amazing album...