Direct Note Access

Just found this promo video on an awesome piece of software. I suppose some people will bash it as a tool for losers who can't play their instrument (and that's partly what they're marketing it as) but I think it's a cool hack and when it's out I'd love to see it used on sound it wasn't meant for :)

I saw it on MusikMesse Frankfurt, and it seems really really cool. Of course, it was only demo'ed on the obvious melodic sounds, and not anything like drums or complex mixes. It appears to be working, with a few drawbacks:

- Sounds can be slightly mangled when movved far distances in frequency. Time doesn't matter, it sounds good anyway.

- When there are a lot of notes to be separated, the general noisefloor seems to be increased considerably.

- A

That video was beautiful; I almost cried :lol:. This thing is going to have some cool possibilities.... It's absolutely amazing to see how far electronic music is coming along. Screw flying cars, synthesizers and VSTi's is what turns me on :posford:.

Yup, some people are really pushing limits... DNA was the only real new and surprising thing on MusikMesse though. There is a lot of bigger-better remakes of old news around these days.

Oh yeah, and the stand-alone VST host (don't remember who did it) is kind of neat too.

- A