Entheogenic´s new album rocks!

ericflyer

I was hoping for new stuff from Entheogenic, and they delivered!

Brilliant album, different grown stuff from Entheogenic this time. They have taken their sound to a different new level, and it rocks.

Very happy about this one.

:posford: :posford: :posford:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldnt agree more.

They have finally done it.

Much better then their last one, mature sound, innovate and complex.

this one somebody posted:

FLIGHT OF FANCY PHAZESHIFTING SOARS INTO PSYDELICSPACE

very pleased to inform you that the new Entheogenic is out and it rocks!

there was some chitchat on the net about a new sound for this duo of psyberwizards, but i think what has happened is that Helmut Glavar and Piers Oak-Rhind have forged a new musical relationship that is the result of the world travelling that they have done recently and a reassessment of their own work to date.

i can confidently say that this album will silence all criticism that Entheogenic has fallen off from the top of the game. this album proves it. they are better than the recent Twisted releases. their shamanic authenticity is only matched at this point (to my mind) by the Waveform artist, Phuture Primitive.

the previous release, Golden Cup, was experimental in some ways and also the result of their being away from each other for a pretty long time while separately visiting spiritually powerful locations world-wide. on top of this, the album before that, Dialogue Of The Speakers, consisted largely of remixes in which other artists expanded some Entheogenic ideas and Glavar and Oak-Rhind needed time to digest all the wonderful ideas that had spun out from their music on that album.

the album *before that* was Spontaneous Illumination, which is a near-perfect electrodub disc. all these things combined resulted ultimately in Golden Cup being perceived as a less successful release (as so many transitional albums.) and after a while, my assessment was that Golden Cup primarily had the disadvantage of the artists being apart for so long.

On this current album, Flight Of The Urubus, the amount of time and care spent on it shows brilliantly. Our heroic duosages have created a work that can be proudly placed next to DOTS and Spontanteous Illumination.

The signature Entheogenic sound has never been crisper, funkier or more flamboyant. They've incorporated acoustic guitar plus some tasty electric guitar work of their own device. Astutely recognizing how FAR OUT !! the piano work they've incorporated WORKS REALLY WELL. the synthesis on this disc is inspired and passionate.

there are moments when the stereo field gets so densely deep with psychoelectronic patterning and the overall mix is so gorgeously sensual that the resulting thrills that course through one's body are nearly erotic!

it's almost like you have your own satchel of spice from the sandworms of Arrakis!

All this technical stuff aside, the tunes are just plain FUN! most would get the most laggard amongst us out of the seat onto the dance floor. the vibe is strong emotional positivity. at the same time, as on other albums, each song is like its own Ayahuasca tryp, zinging us through fantastic realms of innerspace filled with scintillating swathes of multicolored light and wild jungles of floral complexity.

this is the most FUN i've had listening to psyambient electrodub in a long time!!

I must admit I was looking forward to this but with all the delays I completely lost interest.

The great reviews kind of reignite my intertest but it's still not that far up my wantlist anymore.

Should it be?

I don't know ... the message of a new album didn't knock my socks off, because I'm fed up with Entheogenic's last outputs. But now that I see so many people talking about it...?

Would you say it's good? I mean, would you say this to a guy who liked them at first but then got bored by them aswell?

A big yes to that!

I just had my first listening and it is brilliant!

I was a bit scared to order it, since their last album wasnt much to my taste, didnt take me very far, but this is a whole different dimension. Nothing recicled, basically they took what they had going so much further.

Its more hypnotic then anything I have lsistened to lately, or for a long time that is.

Made my day!

i can confidently say that this album will silence all criticism that Entheogenic has fallen off from the top of the game. this album proves it. they are better than the recent Twisted releases. their shamanic authenticity is only matched at this point (to my mind) by the Waveform artist, Phuture Primitive.

this is the most FUN i've had listening to psyambient electrodub in a long time!!

good to hear, will have to check this out.

Can someone please post samples? It isn't on psyshop or saikosounds to date. All I can find is below..

http://www.entheogenic.net/

http://www.hunabku.biz/products.php?cat=143

their shamanic authenticity is only matched at this point (to my mind) by the Waveform artist, Phuture Primitive.

Phuture Primitive's Sub Conscious album is awesome. It is one of the last albums I bought in the Chill genre that I say is excellent... and that was several years ago! I would really love a follow-up to that one.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/wav/wav1cd001.html

Can someone please post samples? It isn't on psyshop or saikosounds to date. All I can find is below..

http://www.entheogenic.net/

http://www.hunabku.biz/products.php?cat=143

Phuture Primitive's Sub Conscious album is awesome. It is one of the last albums I bought in the Chill genre that I say is excellent... and that was several years ago! I would really love a follow-up to that one.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/wav/wav1cd001.html

Yes, its only available through their website, I guess more and more artists are doing it this way.

I can understand that they re selling through their websites

but

how come we can not even listen to some samples before buying, why should I buy some album without knowing how it sounds like, their previous album let me down, so I want to hear some samples at least before buying.

Is this a technical diffucilty, ignorance, or a lousy trading trick?

This is music, I want to hear it before I buy it.

but

how come we can not even listen to some samples before buying, why should I buy some album without knowing how it sounds like, their previous album let me down, so I want to hear some samples at least before buying.

Ofc I always taste all candy in stores before buying more of the species in question! (no joke)

I have to agree with ya all this is an impressive release!

Its a class on its own, probably my favorite album at the moment.

Anybody who has doubts, - this has nothing in common with their last release. A very strong, fat entrancing album. I am considering in writing a detailed review ( if I can find the time) but there are some real masterpieces on here.

Yes, they should give you guys some samples, just listen to Skull Cap or Microcondian, I garantee they will blow your heads.

This of course all my opinion. But I recommend this without a doubt!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

but

I hardly ever listen to samples before I buy something, kind of ruins it for me, and anyway, the samples never realy reflect the album as a whole.

well, you just order the cd s based on artists, labels, reviews or something like that then...

I ve been burned more than a few times like that, and not have that much cash you know

The samples may not reflect the whole album but not a single soundbyte reflects much less for me anyways

I ll wait till it hits saiko or psyshop to give it a listen and may buy over their artist site for the back up

I mean they could ve a myspace page or something like that with the new tracks in it, cant find that too

FLIGHT OF FANCY PHAZESHIFTING SOARS INTO PSYDELICSPACE

very pleased to inform you that the new Entheogenic is out and it rocks!

there was some chitchat on the net about a new sound for this duo of psyberwizards, but i think what has happened is that Helmut Glavar and Piers Oak-Rhind have forged a new musical relationship that is the result of the world travelling that they have done recently and a reassessment of their own work to date.

the previous release, Golden Cup, was experimental in some ways and also the result of their being away from each other for a pretty long time while separately visiting spiritually powerful locations world-wide. on top of this, the album before that, Dialogue Of The Speakers, consisted largely of remixes in which other artists expanded some Entheogenic ideas and Glavar and Oak-Rhind needed time to digest all the wonderful ideas that had spun out from their music on that album.

the album *before that* was Spontaneous Illumination, which is a near-perfect electrodub disc. all these things combined resulted ultimately in Golden Cup being perceived as a less successful release (as so many transitional albums.) and after a while, my assessment was that Golden Cup primarily had the disadvantage of the artists being apart for so long.

On this current album, Flight Of The Urubus, the amount of time and care spent on it shows brilliantly. Our heroic duosages have created a work that can be proudly placed next to DOTS and Spontanteous Illumination.

The signature Entheogenic sound has never been crisper, funkier or more flamboyant. They've incorporated acoustic guitar plus some tasty electric guitar work of their own device. Astutely recognizing how FAR OUT !! the piano work they've incorporated WORKS REALLY WELL. the synthesis on this disc is inspired and passionate.

there are moments when the stereo field gets so densely deep with psychoelectronic patterning and the overall mix is so gorgeously sensual that the resulting thrills that course through one's body are nearly erotic!

it's almost like you have your own satchel of spice from the sandworms of Arrakis!

All this technical stuff aside, the tunes are just plain FUN! most would get the most laggard amongst us out of the seat onto the dance floor. the vibe is strong emotional positivity. at the same time, as on other albums, each song is like its own Ayahuasca tryp, zinging us through fantastic realms of innerspace filled with scintillating swathes of multicolored light and wild jungles of floral complexity.

god bless, i ordered mine through their website, took some time to get there, felt almost like waiting in line.