Distant System - Spiral Empire

abasio

I listen to this album 3 times a week, it keeps me awake on the bus heading for work,

it's perfect for an early morning and not wanting to fall a sleep :D

like I posted before great concept,

More of that, I have been waiting to long since asura debut album :(

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimae-like? Well, maybe, but more sci-fi, something you can't find on the great U label.

One of my favorite albums this year, yet I want say things I don't like about it - in my opinion it lacks flow, I just can't connect these tracks story-wise, though they are brilliant! It may be my problem, but I would really like to travel all this "distance" to the far away "system" starting from the first second and reaching the point somewhere in the end, instead it's too discrete and track order does not represent order of places I visited listening through. If that makes any sense :mellow: But well, that would be perfection.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Big thanks again to all of you supporting the efforts. :)

I put up a lo-res preview sample of the "Lost Sequence" track coming up on the Celestial Dragon compilation "Vampire Sunrise" at the DS website for those of you interested.

Should be released in October.

http://distantsystem.com/

Here is an inside peek at the tracklisting:

Celestial Dragon - Vampire Sunrise

Compiled by Pete Pan

1> Colourform - Magic Carpet (Ishq rmx)

2> Evan Bartholomew - Spirit Happening

3> Overflow - Scintilla

4> (val)Liam - As Is

5> Distant System - Lost Sequence

6> Ishvara - Nomad (Arabian rmx)

7> Open System - Rise and Shine

8> KiloWatts - Nub

any update on this one ?! :)

For me my best purchase ever , this has to be the album of the year this is perfect down tempo album . just one thing whens the next album will be out

m waiting till then distant system wont leave my SYSTEM. :clapping: ;)

More pls...........

The 2008 review forum has 1624 replies at this point.. 132 (133 including my post now) are attributed to this album alone... Distant System has opened us to a new dimension of audial space, never before imagined.... all I can do is offer a standing ovation to one of those experiences in life that just knocks me off my feet... this is one of those albums that can only bring the response of "holy s***" as far as I'm concerned... bow down, the next generation of psychedlic music is here. 10/10.

The 2008 review forum has 1624 replies at this point.. 132 (133 including my post now) are attributed to this album alone...

Most of it is just arguing over the album/something else or spamming - which of neither really contribute much in terms of quality.

I wonder why hasn't this topic been cleaned yet..

Well anyways, I've listened parts of it and liked what I heard. Hadn't had the time for an in-depth listen, though.

I was told last week there was a problem with the master so it's been pushed back a little. Probably early 2009 now, possibly December. I'll let you all know as soon as I know it's finished at the manufacturing. :)

Take your time, don't worry about any feedback you are receiving on here or anywhere else, don't let expectation crush your creative ability. Just do what you do best and I will along with countless others, be very eagerly anticipating your next release. In my case moreso than anything else on the horizon.

This is a capturing release, with a strong track variety, from ambient to down/mid-tempo and more. This album deserves the high volume of comments, praise, though not all of the comments here are reviews. I can actually say, many months later and after hearing this album around a dozen-plus times that this is easily one of the best albums of 2008. Furthermore I like it better than previous Aes Dana albums. Though I want to add that certain parts are very emotive which is awesome, such as the first 2:40 in Astromech Starport I'd love to hear stronger, emotive elements invested, further developed into the track as the beat picks up at times. That said, the atmosphere and attention to not just melody/sound work but beat and bass line as well is impressive. The artist keeps things interesting throughout.

However I do feel that certain songs, such as Astropolis and Light Echoes could have done more to maintain a tighter grip on my consciousness as these songs progress. Fortunately the artist creates some great, stand out numbers on Equidistant, Gravitational Vortices, Outer Rim, and even the short 3:33 ambient gem Cloud Nebula. I love the first two or so minutes on Astromech Starport. The beat is great too, and the song as it progresses. On the other hand, Outer Rim starts strong, gains strength as the song progresses via uptempo speed. Outer Rim has many great; however the song gets somewhat repetitive past the 5-6 minute area.

Those into Asura and space/ambient mid-tempo and Chill Solar Fields meets Asura in concept (though in a completely new style) will likely enjoy Distant System - Spiral Empire very much.

Is it possible that this album was released in 2007 and didn't appear on various online sites until the beginning of 2008? My inside flip via CD cover says 2007. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers to all of you voting this album as best of 2008. It will be something really special if Spiral Empire takes the cake for chillout here at psynew.org. As always an extended thanks to all universal supporters of these efforts. ;) It's always a bonus to come here and glimpse your individual insights into what the music is doing for each of you. Interesting and entertaining all the while.

Cheers to all of you voting this album as best of 2008. It will be something really special if Spiral Empire takes the cake for chillout here at psynew.org. As always an extended thanks to all universal supporters of these efforts. ;) It's always a bonus to come here and glimpse your individual insights into what the music is doing for each of you. Interesting and entertaining all the while.

Nonononono.... Cheers to you, for creating one of the most coherent soundscapes of all time, something that rivals the imagination sparked by any great novel or film, withing saying (hardly) a word. Simply groundbreaking, and I truly thank you for what you do with both Distant System and Androcell. I can't even comprehend how you do it... but again, thank you.

As always an extended thanks to all universal supporters of these efforts. wink.gif It's always a bonus to come here and glimpse your individual insights into what the music is doing for each of you. Interesting and entertaining all the while.

KUDOS for taking the time to produce a consistently GREAT album!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...