Legitimate piano lesson software

I have wanted to pick up some private piano lessons for quite some time now, but unfortunately I don't have the time or the money. So, I was wondering, have any of you messed around with any decent piano lesson software/programs before? I just need something that can teach me the basics and "tinkle-twinkle little star;" I am pretty sure if I manage to master that, then I am well on my way to the classical history books. I have a copy of Teach Me Piano: Deluxe, but I have yet to touch it. I have a feeling that it's probably my best bet. Any ideas?

I would suggest, to learn your scales and stuff, watching an arpeggiator arpeggiate really slowly and just play along (that's how I'm learning bass), and wikipedia is your friend.

I would suggest, to learn your scales and stuff, watching an arpeggiator arpeggiate really slowly and just play along (that's how I'm learning bass), and wikipedia is your friend.

Go here!

http://www.apassion4jazz.net/keys.html

I know like 35 scales now, but I don't know which scales they pertain to. I am uh, a search and figure it out myself kind of person and playing music is less mind fucking. :)

-d

Go here!

I know like 35 scales now, but I don't know which scales they pertain to. I am uh, a search and figure it out myself kind of person and playing music is less mind fucking. :)

-d

Ah, thanks for the link, I am going to need all of the anti-mindfucking that I can get. I just sat down for a few hours and learned a few beginner melodies and I really had to concentrate on keeping myself calm. I don't know if I have the will to go on much further.... It's difficult, but maybe if I just stick with it things will clear up. Maybe some Flash Flash Revolution will help too :].

Go here!

I know like 35 scales now...

Thanks for the referral. Check out the other links at the bottom of the page. There's some good info.

You don't need piano lessons to make music, just use your ears. Piano lessons are necissary if you want to read sheet music and perform other people's music.

Playing by ear is great, but getting help from those that know is always a good thing. The most important thing is stay with it and to listen to others.

Thanks!

You don't need piano lessons to make music, just use your ears. Piano lessons are necissary if you want to read sheet music and perform other people's music.

Yeah, I just want to be able to play other's pieces and eventually be able to fly around the keyboard when I am trying to figure out decent bass lines and melodies . Even then I will probably end up just sequencing everything ^ ^;.

Trohr how do you play Spaceman?

You go to the biggest local desert that your country has with a few close friends, put on some really high boots (to protect you from snakes and scorpions if there are any), wear your finest organic(colored)/psyclothing, pack plenty of water, food, first aid kits, party supplies, and GPS if you have one. Park somewhere, mark the car on the GPS, put EVERYTHING away! Turn your phone off and hide it in the bottom of your bag, don't even bring your watch.... Then go get lost, wait for the sun to come down, and get freaking blasted :lol:. It's best if there is a clear sky and a very flat horizon with a full moon. I shit you not, it is like walking on the moon.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I read a book How to Play Popular Piano in 10 Easy Lessons

thank you for sharing this!

i have found it very helpful,

i have just been playing "Silent Night" with chords AND melody : )

it's still much better to take lessons IMO

I got lessons since september, every 2 weeks for only 40 min, but I've learned so much already

and I can play on a Steinway grand piano there :)

You can also plug in VST with 27 gigs of steinway samples and play it in the comfort of your home and use some learning program and learn when u want and for how long u want..

There is a huge difference playing with one hand and two hands on the piano. With one hand you can basically teach yourself with maybe a few tutorials from the internet. But if you want to play some more serious stuff you should definitely get some piano lessons.

• 4 weeks later...

You can also plug in VST with 27 gigs of steinway samples and play it in the comfort of your home and use some learning program and learn when u want and for how long u want..

Yeah I guess, but... this is nothing like playing on the real thing. ;)

If all you ever play on is midikeyboards or synths (that's what I did too) you basicly have no idea what a real piano feels like and everything you taught yourself will sound messed up when you play it on a real piano.

I now got a digital piano and that's a huge improvement, but still a real piano feels different.

Let Me Guess You Have Tried Taking Lessons The Hard Way With A Teacher? ;)

I Saw This On TV And Thought Wow, Cool!

http://www.pianowizard.com/pianowizard.php

Might Not Be The Best For Price But Hey Its Pretty Neat IMO.

It Even Gradually Gets More Difficult So Its Not So Boring And You Learn More.

Might Be Of Help To You and Others That Need Lessons.

Cheers :lol: